News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

“On the big fiddle for a good cause” (Coronavirus)

Started by daib0, April 02, 2020, 08:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daib0

Resistiré ('I will resist') - FOR 2 CELLOS !

Made as big thanks to all the workers of the Spanish national healthcare system, and to all those people who are giving their all in this fight against coronavirus. Equally I hope it can be a message of support for the British National Health system.
Strength to everybody - and especially to all those people infected with this cruel virus.
We offer this transcription of cello duo recorded at distance - any possible benefit would go entirely to the Madrid Public Health System.

Please help the cause by sharing this please!

https://youtu.be/40RQfQE045A

A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

Burt

Hi mate, long time no hear, hope you and yours are doing OK?

On a similar note, the English National Ballet Orchestra did this virtual performance last week. Stirring stuff.

daib0

Quote from: Burt on April 03, 2020, 08:24:57 AM
Hi mate, long time no hear, hope you and yours are doing OK?

On a similar note, the English National Ballet Orchestra did this virtual performance last week. Stirring stuff.

Hi and thanks!
Well, basically lying low in North Spain, we're not allowed out of home!!
Fimgers crossed for the UK, especially London...
A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

Fulham 442

Now looks as though  lockdown in Spain will be extended to April 26th.  We are in the South so nowhere near as badly affected as the North.  In our town we only have one reported case out of a population of 47,577 and no deaths...

daib0

Quote from: Fulham 442 on April 03, 2020, 03:54:41 PM
Now looks as though  lockdown in Spain will be extended to April 26th.  We are in the South so nowhere near as badly affected as the North.  In our town we only have one reported case out of a population of 47,577 and no deaths...

Lucky you. Here in Pamplona it's almost 500 cases but only 4 deaths....

Fulham 442

The overall death toll is slowing but apparently the Spanish PM will be making a decision  today with regards to the extension so we might hear something later if not tomorrow.  There is some talk of relaxing some of the more stringent rules.  I would just be happy to go for a decent walk with my husband and dog as currently we can only walk singly and in the vicinity of our house.  Social distancing is definitely key so as long as we all continue to observe that we should be fine and it would make a great difference to us.

hovewhite

Dreading how long this imprisonment is going to last in england.regarding games wise I reckon season will restart beginning June ,were 2 weeks in and not happy at all.

domprague

Thanks for putting up the music. Can anyone explain how they did it when scattered around the country? Thanks.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

daib0

Quote from: domprague on April 06, 2020, 10:12:56 AM
Thanks for putting up the music. Can anyone explain how they did it when scattered around the country? Thanks.
We just recorded it on our mobiles, but my son gave me small headphones so I could hear a metronome/click track (connected by wifi to the computer) and keep us in time! It wasn't perfect but acceptable enough, and done for the cause!!