https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any tv programmes people can recommend

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, April 09, 2020, 02:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Ronic

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 07, 2020, 11:25:32 PM
Ozark on Netflix, I recommend it.

I've seen a few threads that recommended Ozark. So just started watching last week. You're all spot on. What a series.

rebel

The Fugitive, that's the 1960's series. It still stands out today. It's on one of the CBS channels at 5.00pm each week day.

grandad

Quote from: yatewhite on April 09, 2020, 09:00:59 PM
If you want to watch something that's nostalgic and uplifting and so warming, watch The Repair Shop which is on BBC1 every Wednesday evening. Never fails to bring a (happy) tear to my eye!
What these craftspeople do is just amazing.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Jim©

Watching Justified at the moment. Quite amusing Kentucky- based cop drama with more than a nod to westerns.
Other ones I'd watched:
Hell on Wheels- good drama about the race to get train line across the US- a bit like Deadwood but 10 times better
Boardwalk Empire- the rise of crime in early 1900's US
Peaky Blinders- exceptionally good, especially Tom Hardy's character, exceptional.
Band of Brothers- probably the best WWII drama ever, I've rewatched many many many times.
Turn- a spy drama based in the US Civil War
Vikings- superb series, amazingly well produced (and Lagatha...)
Lastly Black Sails- impressive Pirate drama meant to be a pre story to Treasure Island, but for adults!

bog

Quote from: I Ronic on September 25, 2020, 09:51:17 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 07, 2020, 11:25:32 PM
Ozark on Netflix, I recommend it.

I've seen a few threads that recommended Ozark. So just started watching last week. You're all spot on. What a series.

This is phenomenal. Just finished the third series. The acting had no weaknesses. They are currently making a 4th series.  Darlene....I don't recommend back chatting her....  :022:

092.gif   

Peabody

Currently watching Bloodline on Netflix, a bit long winded but once you start watching, you have to continue. An excellent performance from the black sheep of the family Danny. Three series to watch but we will stick withit

Lordedmundo

Unmissable:

Ozark
True Detective (Season 1)
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Unforgotten
Line of Duty
The Last Kingdom
13 Reasons Why
Homeland
Stranger Things
The Detectorists
Band of Brothers (even if you have watched it before!)
The Bridge/Broen Broen (original Swedish version)
The Killing/Forbrydelson (original Danish version)
The Millennium Trilogy (extended versions originally shown on TV)

Definitely worth a watch:

Unorthodox
Firefly
Penny Dreadful
Entourage
Wallander
Altered Carbon
True Detective (Seasons 2 and 3)
House Cards (although the last season was poor)

Southcoastffc

If you speak French (or are happy to have French dialogue sub-titled), I thoroughly recommend Call My Agent on Netflix. 
An accurate review here: https://www.ft.com/content/9b03a8f7-eab1-4d9f-98fb-c4abfbfeddf2
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

alfie

Quote from: Lordedmundo on September 25, 2020, 10:38:39 AM
Unmissable:

Ozark
True Detective (Season 1)
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Unforgotten
Line of Duty
The Last Kingdom
13 Reasons Why
Homeland
Stranger Things
The Detectorists
Band of Brothers (even if you have watched it before!)
The Bridge/Broen Broen (original Swedish version)
The Killing/Forbrydelson (original Danish version)
The Millennium Trilogy (extended versions originally shown on TV)

Definitely worth a watch:

Unorthodox
Firefly
Penny Dreadful
Entourage
Wallander
Altered Carbon
True Detective (Seasons 2 and 3)
House Cards (although the last season was poor)
The Last Kingdom and the Bridge are probably the best I have personally seen, I am just re-running the Last Kingdom now
Both excellent.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FFCFOREVER

Tonywa

Worked my way slowly through Ozark, but must admit to finding it terribly slow in parts though well acted and atmospheric.  Someone mentioned Babylon Berlin which I think is one of the best things I have ever seen on television, while Line Of Duty is incredibly gripping and exciting. Heartily recommended.

Dodgin

Any films on Youtube with Yvonne De Carlo

Buffalo76

Cobra Kai on Netflix - TV series thats a follow up to the Karate Kid movies of the 80's. Exceeded my expectations.

Art Vandelay

I agree Cobra Kai was excellent.

Just started watching Ratched on Netflix and I'm impressed so far so would definitely recommend.

Logicalman

If you're of a certain age and nerdy (like computer/console gaming) you might like the Netflix series "High Score" that shows the progression of electronic gaming from the early days (80's) through the different genres up to mostly present days. It deals with the separate console manufacturers and their branding, as well as how some of the more well-knows companies (EA Sports) got started.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

I Ronic

After seeing Ozark mentioned on here a little while ago, I've now hooked.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Jim© on September 25, 2020, 10:11:15 AM
Watching Justified at the moment. Quite amusing Kentucky- based cop drama with more than a nod to westerns.
Other ones I'd watched:
Hell on Wheels- good drama about the race to get train line across the US- a bit like Deadwood but 10 times better
Peaky Blinders- exceptionally good, especially Tom Hardy's character, exceptional.
Band of Brothers- probably the best WWII drama ever, I've rewatched many many many times.
Lastly Black Sails- impressive Pirate drama meant to be a pre story to Treasure Island, but for adults!

Black Sails,     FANTASTIC escapism even though based on history.

Woolly Mammoth

House of Cards had me hooked, worth a look.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jims Dentist on September 25, 2020, 08:04:47 PM
Quote from: Jim© on September 25, 2020, 10:11:15 AM
Other ones I'd watched:

Black Sails,     FANTASTIC escapism even though based on history.

Black Sails you say, I shall make a note of that, sounds just up
my street, might find time to watch it tonight.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.