watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any tv programmes people can recommend

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, April 09, 2020, 02:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cambridge Pete

If you have Amazon Prime my wife and I are enjoying Vikings.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Cambridge Pete on April 21, 2020, 09:31:10 AM
If you have Amazon Prime my wife and I are enjoying Vikings.

I also do, but I couldn't eat a whole one.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Cambridge Pete

The old one's are usually the best :yay:

ScalleysDad

We have the last two Ozarks lined up for later tonight so we will have to find something else to binge. It's rare we ever find something both of us will sit through. I purged the list of recorded stuff the other night and found the latest version of War of the Worlds. What a load of tosh that was.

keithh

Previously I would have suggested the "Killing Eve" series but the 3rd series began this weekend & I didn't understand most of it. I have retained the episode & will review it after watching a few more new episodes in order to better understand the context. I watched series 1 & 2 again recently in order to keep the series fresh in my mind but regret that didn't help.

Whitesideup

Quote from: keithh on April 21, 2020, 05:20:26 PM
Previously I would have suggested the "Killing Eve" series but the 3rd series began this weekend & I didn't understand most of it. I have retained the episode & will review it after watching a few more new episodes in order to better understand the context. I watched series 1 & 2 again recently in order to keep the series fresh in my mind but regret that didn't help.
I heard that from some one else. I had to watch again to see what the problem is. I suppose the incident towards the end may confuse, but you just have to consider what that person was up to during the episode to understand why it might have happened. (Trying not to give away any of the plot).

Trust you know that Sean Delaney (who plays Kenny) is a lifelong Fulham fan. Was featured on the Fulham website recently I think.

mrmicawbers

Got a little addicted to escape to the chateau DIY.Then went back and watched the original escape to the chateau.The only annoying thing is that it's a bit padded out if you binge watch.Maybe watch one a day.Also along similar lines A new life in the sun.All on catch up on 4

Cutler

spikey norman

Baptiste is definitely worth watching.
Gripping drama from beginning to end.

Forever Fulham

I've already suggested Billions, Banshee (but fair warning: lurid sex and violence scenes, however stylishly done), Animal Kingdom, and Alone.

Adding to the above, I can vouch for:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel; Fleabag; Goliath; Sneaky Pete; Preacher; The Grand Tour;

Comedians Riding in Cars Getting Coffee; Queen of the South; Marcella; Broadchurch;

Daybreak (guilty pleasure teenage zombie apocalypse series...very well written, clever dialogue, and please don't judge me too harshly);

The Rain (was this Swedish, I can't recall, but it kept my interest);

The Fall (Gillian Anderson); Ray Donovan; Black-ish (Diana Ross's daughter Tracy Ellis Ross is terrific)

They shot a lot of the scenes to Queen of the South a few blocks from my office.  Alice Braga  puts a good part of this wholly original show on her back and carries it--she's that good... The last season seemed not to be quite to the high standards of the earlier seasons.  But maybe you won't feel that way. 

love4ffc

If you have Netflix, I love Blue planet and Oceans.  Usually narrated by David Attenborough, Jacques Perrin or Pierce Brosnan. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

The Swan

The Swan

Steeeeeeeeeed

To add a few more...

Inside Number 9 (some brilliant episodes, and all stand alone... Most recent series was weak though)

Loads of old comedies and shows can be found on YouTube with a bit of searching, stuff like The Young Ones and Filthy Rich and Catflap which is right up my alley, but loads of old stuff.

Here's a bit of Filthy, a great underated and largely forgotten show...

https://youtu.be/XAkcx7AnWM0

And 24 the series is fantastic the first 5 seasons or so, and with lockdown you can live a real day with it hoho

Art Vandelay

I've also been looking at you tube for vintage comedy and stumbled across Quennie's castle with Diana Dors and found it strangely enjoyable.

The Mandalorian on Disney plus is also very good if you enjoy things more modern.

Forever Fulham

Just finished a "limited series" on Amazon (I think) called Unorthodox, about a teenage Hasidic girl in New York who escapes her life and arranged marriage in the settlement in Brooklyn (Williamsburg) and -- well to tell you more would ruin it.  It's like a good book you can't put down that ends way too soon.  Top notch acting.

Jims Dentist

Gangs of London on Sky Atlantic.
First episode is just finishing, but it will be repeated probably several times during the week.

spikey norman

Loved watching Van Der Valk all those years ago and really looking forward to the new series starting this Sunday on ITV.

spikey norman

Quote from: spikey norman on April 24, 2020, 12:16:02 PM
Loved watching Van Der Valk all those years ago and really looking forward to the new series starting this Sunday on ITV.
Did anyone watch Van Der Valk last night?
Any thoughts?
It was OK but maybe I was so used to Barry Foster as the original detective I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.
Loved  the Amsterdam setting.One of my favourite cities in the world.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: spikey norman on April 27, 2020, 12:25:10 PM
Quote from: spikey norman on April 24, 2020, 12:16:02 PM
Did anyone watch Van Der Valk last night?
Any thoughts?
It was OK but maybe I was so used to Barry Foster as the original detective I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.
Loved  the Amsterdam setting.One of my favourite cities in the world.

It was ok - thought the lead actor was a bit wooden

spikey norman

Agree.
Barry Foster was more charismatic as VDV