more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any tv programmes people can recommend

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, April 09, 2020, 02:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Quote from: yatewhite on April 09, 2020, 09:00:59 PM
If you want to watch something that's nostalgic and uplifting and so warming, watch The Repair Shop which is on BBC1 every Wednesday evening. Never fails to bring a (happy) tear to my eye!

Totally agree. What craftsmen and women they have in there. Steve the clock repairer is the main man for me as I love clock mechanisms. Everyone really enjoys what ever they are repairing.  :54:

092.gif 

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

David Allen Crankshaw

Have been watching repeats of Ashes to Ashes. A great series.

Channel 81 is also excellent if you are a fan of old black and white films of the forties and fifties.

WindyCity

HIghly recommend following:

Bosch    (Netflix or Amazon Prime, I forget which)   One of the very best crime series I've ever seen.
The Five   Netflix
The Stranger   (Pretty sure Netflix, might be Amazon)
Money Heist    Netflix   Just finished this series, terrific!  Based in Spain, need subtitles

And of course, naturally:
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
"24"
Fawlty Towers

Also, very good:  Val Halla Murders and Ozark

Stevieboy

Just watched the third series of Ozark on Netflix.
Will tackle Breaking Bad now !

The Enclosurite

Play Off Final just about to start on Sky Sports Football.

049:gif COYW
¡COYW!

Logicalman

Just finished the 2 series of Sunderland 'Til I Die.
So many parallels with Fulham (Except they bang on about how 'big' a club they are all the time) and just goes to show what happens when an owner without a scoobie as to running a footie club tries to tackle the transfer market.
Some sobering insights into some of the players and staff.
The fans were amazing though, no frills, fly on the wall,  documentary - and even Fulham make an appearance (apart from when Cookie & Kit took the reigns up there).
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

KJS

Quote from: Stevieboy on April 12, 2020, 11:01:06 AM
Just watched the third series of Ozark on Netflix.
Will tackle Breaking Bad now !

Ozark is excellent

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

cookieg

Friday Night Dinner, 6th season now but still highly watchable.

Southdowns White

Watched a few of the first series of Ozark, I find it enjoyable  and easy to watch, quite humorous  to take the edge off the darker parts.

WhiteJC

just found "wire in the blood", all 6 series on Prime

should keep us going for a week or so  :54:

AnOldBrownie

Well...as one of the yanks on the forum...let me just say, if you don't have an aversion to the US military going around the world shooting up people... I just binged 3 seasons of a show that I've ignored for 3 years.

I even watched the first episode when it came out and decided, naw not for me.   (and my son is a Marine)

It's called SEAL TEAM.   Here in the US it's on CBS.    I really enjoyed it, and I'm now locked in for the duration of the time it's on the air.   Once the characters grew on me I couldn't stop watching.

Logicalman

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on April 13, 2020, 03:36:13 AM
Well...as one of the yanks on the forum...let me just say, if you don't have an aversion to the US military going around the world shooting up people... I just binged 3 seasons of a show that I've ignored for 3 years.

I even watched the first episode when it came out and decided, naw not for me.   (and my son is a Marine)

It's called SEAL TEAM.   Here in the US it's on CBS.    I really enjoyed it, and I'm now locked in for the duration of the time it's on the air.   Once the characters grew on me I couldn't stop watching.

Hmm, anything along the lines of 'The Last Ship' at all?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Forever Fulham

Banshee (a star turn by New Zealander Antony Starr)... production level high.  First rate acting. For adults only.

Animal Kingdom

Alone (a two or three season series, with 10 participants in each season able to take certain tools and materials of their choosing into the same general area of wilderness, though within that region each participant placed in a location separate from the others; a $500,000 reward for the participant that can stay the longest without 'tapping out', that is, pressing the come get me button on the satellite device provided to each one.  They can also use anything they find on their own, once dropped off.   All are placed within 10 or so miles from the others.  Exact location is by lottery draw.  You are allowed to relocate.  Whatever they can wear and otherwise carry on their back.   Some will be rugged survivalist types; some will have primitive skills; training in botany, herbs, ex-military, some will be amazingly inventive, but the loneliness will get to all of them.  Each know there are 9 others participating at the beginning, but no one is ever informed how many have tapped out, how many are still remaining.   How do they keep their wits about them?  Shelter, water, fire, food, personal safety.  Things happen.  Some will adapt.  A test of will power, ingenuity, checking emotions or at least steering them.  And dealing with boredom.  They must videotape their participation, and they are provided audiovideo equipment and training to do so.   In so doing, they reveal much about their respective character, hopes, fears, family life, failures and successes.  I just finished the season set in the interior of Vancouver Island.  The next season is Patagonia.  Each season, a different 10 participants. 

Billions

love4ffc

Quote from: Logicalman on April 13, 2020, 11:32:26 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on April 13, 2020, 03:36:13 AM

Hmm, anything along the lines of 'The Last Ship' at all?

Yes, and I will admit that I binged watched both  :022:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

Just finished watching the final episode of "The Plot Against America" on HBO.  Very powerful and really makes one thank about the what if's. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

OtherHodgson

Someone said Billions and I agree, it's top notch.

But I'm really surprised that there hasn't been any mention of Peakey Blinders on Netflix, riveting show about a gangster family in Birmingham after WWI. I have to put the closed caption option on for my wife to understand you lot but we are hooked. 

COYW!

Forever Fulham

Cillian Murphy is great in Peaky Blinders.  And London native Finn Cole is a revelation.   To see an example of Cole's range, check out his performance as an American high school student and soon to be leader of  the American crime family which is the subject of the series Animal Kingdom, set in coastal California.  Animal Kingdom is addictive.  You can't wait for the next episode to begin.  And now, you don't have to wait.  Binge away!

Dodgin

Still Game on Netflix, Scots old boys comedy, they show all the series, only three shown on BBC