more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday evening music

Started by WhiteJC, April 24, 2020, 07:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

bobbo

Aw barrett  for me ( and its always about personal taste ) thats one of ht best posts on friday night music i loved it.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

BestOfBrede

rebel

rebel

BestOfBrede

HobGoblin

RaySmith

Nice one Hobgoblin, takes me  back. reminds  me of a woman, my first wife, actually. A does this - a Welsh schoolteacher called Heather, who lived in Lewisham turned me on to this  band. They made one great lp-

Billy Bragg classic, about a different woman, and a great group-

The Four Tops

The Yardbirds

ALG01

I have been watching and greatly enjoying, if that is the right word, Stteve McQueen's series of films Small Axe. In the second film called Lovers Rock seemingly not much happens it just follows the events of a house party where the music is reggae but many of the tracks are from the genre called Lovers Rock. Even for a less Caribbean audience, a nostalgixc feel permeates. I loved the programme.

I had heard most of the tunes before but there was one that was new to me, in the Lovers Rock style and it was this one, After Tonight by Junior English enjoy.

Barrett487

I know it's Wednesday, but...

The occasion was Mohammed Ali's 70th birthday

And another one for Bobbo

love4ffc

I know it's not Friday but, if my wife plays this loving song one more time tonight I'm going to end up a widow   :010:

She flippen stops the song and restarts various sections so she can learn the words.  I'm sorry if you have listened to the damn thing 100000000000000000000000000 times and you don't know this words it's never going to happen  :031:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

WhiteJC

Blackberry Smoke - one horse town

Steve Winwood - can't find my way home

Wilko Johnson, Roger Daltrey - going back home

Holders

What better for the festive season?

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Dodgin

Merry Christmas her'es Chuck.

Barrett487

Quote from: whitejc on December 24, 2020, 09:58:45 AM
Blackberry Smoke - one horse town

Steve Winwood - can't find my way home

Wilko Johnson, Roger Daltrey - going back home

Great selections John, especially the last two.

bobbo

A very happy christmas to everyone of FOF .

1975 just leaving home full of hope

RaySmith

Very appropriate Bobbo. Elkie Brooks was great, but i believe she is still performing.
Happy Christmas to you , JC and everyone - keep the music coming xmascheer1

RaySmith

Re ALGO'S post about the brilliant Small Axe series - I've had Janet Kay's Silly games  going round in my head, which featured so   strongly in the Lovers' Rock drama-

This is a time of nostalgia. A lot of great versions of this  great, nostalgic  song, but here's Keith Richard's at a tribute to pal  Gram Parsons whose always  associated with it-

HairyWombat

Quote from: bobbo on December 24, 2020, 05:43:38 PM
   A very happy christmas to everyone of FOF .

Bobbo. First of all, I hope your girl is going OK in Sydney. On the edge there. Again.
But not as bad what you folk are enduring.
And thanks for introducing me to Elkie. I have not heard her before. A mixture of Helen Reddy and Janis Joplin. Why she is not better known? Looked her up and very much liked this one straight off the top of the YT list:

And some late Christmas cheer from Angelina. (And a point against Southampton is a good point).

WhiteJC

lets try and blow some of the cobwebs away...

Wilko Johnson, Roger Daltrey - I keep it to myself

The Who - who are you

Blackberry Smoke - waiting for the thunder

:Happy New Year: