Started by WhiteJC, April 24, 2020, 07:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

WhiteJC

Paul Carrack - don't wait too long

Dire Straits - Romeo and Juliet

Mud - dynamite

Dodgin

Denis Lotis 97 best known as vocalist in the 50/60s with the Ted Heath Big Band passed away two days ago. A popular crooner in his day.

RaySmith

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

WhiteJC

Kansas - dust in the wind

the Who - behind blue eyes

Joe Bonamassa - the loyal kind

Dodgin

A pianist and a singer in concert, she was voted best newcomer at recent Grammy awards. If you like Ella, Sarah or Carmen McRae, some say she is a reincarnation of all three. She is sold out at the Jazz Cafe March 7th. Samara Joy and Emmet Cohen a swinging jazz pianist.

WindyCity

Interesting video, on last page, of Apocalypse Now (great movie!) with Stones 'Gimme Shelter'.  Although I don't think that song featured in the original soundtrack/movie?

Mince n Tatties

Just heard on local radio Karen Carpenter singing "We've only just begun"
What a voice that girl had,the best.
Her family letting her starve herself like that,sad.

Motspur Park

Apologies if this has been done before. Cranberries....

bobbo

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 17, 2023, 05:42:16 PM
Just heard on local radio Karen Carpenter singing "We've only just begun"
What a voice that girl had,the best.
Her family letting her starve herself like that,sad.
I always reckon she's one of a small handful of artists that couldn't hit a bad note if they tried . As for the illness , of course I don't know but when someone has an addiction or what she had I know from experience ( not me ) but someone close there's only one person who controls it . And that's them themselves. 

Gonna try find some pleasant music now.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Dodgin

spikey norman

Rebecca and Meghan Lovell  the excellent Larkin Poe wrote this song in tribute/memory of two of their grandparents who suffered from mental health and dementia.
Powerful lyrics which will resonate with those of us who are now or have had in the past the experience of dealing with family and friends going through the challenges of mental health in all its forms.

bobbo

Neil young

James Taylor with Taylor swift

Chuck berry

Billy Joel

RaySmith

Great choices bobbo - the Neil Young made me think of another song he wrote around this time, on the same theme, Tonight's the Night - about the drug overdose death of roadie, Bruce Berry -

On a similar, anti -drug theme Jackson Browne and Steve Earle-

And, this rarity live from the Stones, also powerfully performed by Marianne Faithful, who claims she wrote it -

bobbo

Thanks ray , like you I love my music and for me james Taylor is just the best .hence I've travelled the states many times just to see him perform.

alfie

I wish I knew how to copy and paste from YouTube, but if you get a chance check out the video of the HIGHWOMEN singing Fleetwood Mac's. THE CHAIN.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

alfie

Quote from: alfie on February 18, 2023, 09:49:51 AM
I wish I knew how to copy and paste from YouTube, but if you get a chance check out the video of the HIGHWOMEN singing Fleetwood Mac's. THE CHAIN.

Thank you, any chance you can tell me how to do it, so you don't have to?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WhiteJC

Quote from: alfie on February 18, 2023, 12:18:24 PM
Thank you, any chance you can tell me how to do it, so you don't have to?

this link shows you how...
https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=89438.new#new

rgds
John(WhiteJC)

WhiteJC

Linda Ronstadt - tumbling dice

the Faces - you wear it well (live)

the Who - Baba O'Riley