News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will Fulham make Anthony Knockhaert's move from Brighton Permanent?

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 05, 2020, 01:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you make Knockhaert's move permanent?  

Yes
21 (30%)
No
49 (70%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: May 07, 2020, 01:40:01 PM

Friendsoffulham

Will Fulham make Anthony Knockhaert's move from Brighton Permanent?

FULHAM HAVE THE OPTION TO MAKE ANTHONY KNOCKAERT'S LOAN FROM BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION PERMANENT THIS SUMMER.

Signing the French winger after relegation from the Premier League last term was a big statement of intent by Scott Parker's side.

On paper, you could argue Fulham's squad should be in the top two of the Championship with the likes of Knockaert, Aleksandar Mitrovic and Ivan Cavaleiro. However, they currently find themselves six points behind West Brom and seven behind Leeds United.

He rocked up at Craven Cottage with Championship promotion expertise. He had won promotion with Leicester City in 2014 and then with Brighton in 2017.

Knockaert had also scored a combined 36 goals in his past four seasons in the second tier from the wing, making him a very exciting coup for the Cottagers.

He has made 34 appearances for Parker's side this term, scoring four goals and gaining five assists. He has not quite managed to bag the same amount of goals as he did at Leicester and Brighton, but he has still been a useful player for Fulham.

If the season does resume, he could play a massive part in their promotion push as he seeks his third to the top flight.

Can he do it in the Premier League?

Knockaert's long-term future prospects with the London side could depend on what league they are in. Both times he has gone up to the Premier League he has found himself drop back into the Championship shortly after.

If Fulham do go up and exercise the option to sign him permanently over the coming months, the 28 year old will want to prove he can cut it at the top level. Failing to get promoted could result in financial implications that mean they don't sign Knockaert and may also have to sell of their high-earners.

https://the72.co.uk/163849/will-fulham-make-anthony-knockaerts-move-from-brighton-permanent/

Facts Not Fiction

Passion merchant, that's all he really is. Wouldn't buy IMO.

colinwhite

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

He puts in a magnificent effort whenever he plays but not sure that he has proved that he is what we need in the Premier league.
Just a shade more pace that would enable him to attack the fullback on the outside would be of help.

fulhamben

i wouldnt buy him, but then i wouldnt have bought cav and bobby before knowing what league we would be in next season either. plus knockeart will be 29 in a few months so will have little resale money.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

GrumpyWhite

Penfold

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

Twig

Sadly no. I like him, he always shows great commitment but he did so much better at Brighton so a bit of an enigma for me.

FFC1987

Ognip

Suspect no club in the Championship will have any money. If Brighton need cash and want to get rid of him free transfer or another Lian but Fulham unlikely to be paying millions.

Milo

Not sure either side are that bothered.

Not that I'm detracting from his effort at all. I think his main issue is lack of a final ball.

bill taylors apprentice

Whether we go up or not, I say no.

We would need better in the PL and a cheaper, younger option if we stay in the Championship.

Sgt Fulham

No thanks. Was very excited about his signing, and he was very impressive when I saw him during pre-season against Oxford Utd, but when he has played in the Championship he hasn't looked at all like a good player. He falls over his feet more times than he successfully takes on the opponent and often slows the play down too much or fails to play the final ball. While I like his passion I think we can get a better option for cheaper elsewhere.

SuffolkWhite

I think it depends on how much Brighton want tbf as he is a good Championship player but not brilliant. Final ball is not good too often and shooting when a pass sould be the better option. But the type of player to score a Play Off final winner.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Arthur

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 05, 2020, 08:24:48 PM
Whether we go up or not, I say no.

We would need better in the PL and a cheaper, younger option if we stay in the Championship.

Is it not the case that, if we gain promotion, we are committed to making his move permanent and that an option only exists if we don't go up? That's how I recall it being put last summer but I may be wrong.