watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hector for a full season

Started by FulhamStu, May 06, 2020, 08:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

What difference would that have made.  Surely a full season with Hector have us in a top 2 position, I would also love to see us sign Kongolo, either on loan again or perm if available.  I think a season of these 2 at the back would be huge.  Keep the squad together and find a pacey right back and we should be unstoppable.

If we are in the Premier League then a complete re-think may be required.   I would plan for potential relegation and focus on players that give us a chance but have a long term future at the club.  Hector and Kongolo in the Premiership would still potentially work.

RaySmith

Quote from: FulhamStu on May 06, 2020, 08:57:15 AM
What difference would that have made.  Surely a full season with Hector have us in a top 2 position, I would also love to see us sign Kongolo, either on loan again or perm if available.  I think a season of these 2 at the back would be huge.  Keep the squad together and find a pacey right back and we should be unstoppable.

If we are in the Premier League then a complete re-think may be required.   I would plan for potential relegation and focus on players that give us a chance but have a long term future at the club.  Hector and Kongolo in the Premiership would still potentially work.

0001.jpeg

He's been an immense improvement, makes such a difference to us as a team, with someone so calm and sound at the back - he makes the other defenders better.

Well done the club for signing him.

Facts Not Fiction

Rodak and Hector from the start of the season, we'd be top 2. Easily.

Holders

Agree with the above.  I like the fact that he's a real leader that the others around him respect.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

No doubs about Hector, he has made an improvement to the team already and could turn out to be the best centre back in the Championship.
Can't really see how we can be at all sure about Gongolo we have only seen on the pitch for a very short time, minutes rather than hours.

bobbo

Agree hector has taken away the nervous feeling when the opposition are on us.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

MrFFC

If we do end up promoted Hector is Premier League level for me so Kongolo back fully fit & Mawson fit next to him would give us options. If we in championship then Ream & Hector very good level pairing
Come on you Whites!! :)

HV71

Rolls Royce of our defence. We have a first class centre forward, a first class centre half and a keeper who has the potential to be first class ( already excellent ) . A full season with these three fit would make us a very decent outfit,

filham

Quote from: HV71 on May 06, 2020, 12:05:35 PM
Rolls Royce of our defence. We have a first class centre forward, a first class centre half and a keeper who has the potential to be first class ( already excellent ) . A full season with these three fit would make us a very decent outfit,
Problem is that these three have a premier league quality and if we stay in the championship there will be predators from above ready to snatch them.

JimOG

Quote from: FulhamStu on May 06, 2020, 08:57:15 AM

If Liverpool cough up the money for Elliott that may go most of the way to acquiring Kongolo

The Swan

Hector should be Captain next season and beyond.
The Swan

Andy S

That is not the way it works these days. It seems that your captain is your most senior player

ALG01

You do not know th difference hector would have made. His start was so strange but he trained with us for ages so it was like he was tuned in. If he would have started and not clicked then the crowd could have turned and who knows. ll we know is when he did start he was very good and we all seem to be in agreement for once he is a good addition.

Mawson is not going to be a major player for us. he is the archetypal, 'do not sign an injured player.'  I worry the same about Kongolo. He looks good but to get such an innocuous injury causing so much distress so early? Not a good sign. However if it was just bad luck then hector and Kongolo could be good.

We do need a proper pair of fullbacks. That remains a very weak spot on both sides.

Whitestone

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on May 06, 2020, 09:26:26 AM
Rodak and Hector from the start of the season, we'd be top 2. Easily.

That's exactly how I see it.

Milo

I think Mawson should be sold. I don't think we've seen enough of Kongolo (but bow to your superior knowledge if you've seen him play for other teams).

Hector is the real deal if we can keep hold of him. I think Corona will prove too much of a distraction for clubs regards transfers so we may keep him by default.

Fernhurst

I was musing about beginning a discussion re what we may need to swap in or out to become a team who lead the division comfortably with a genuine chance in the top flight a la Wolves.
What part of team or management would you change to bring those ambitions to fruition?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

The Rational Fan

We are losing Archer, Odoi, Kongolo, Reed, Arter, Knockaert and Kebano at the end of the season, plus we have to reduce the budget by more than just that. It worries me that our bench could be quite thin and a weaker team whenever injuries hit.

Milo

Whitestone

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 07, 2020, 12:27:26 AM
We are losing Archer, Odoi, Kongolo, Reed, Arter, Knockaert and Kebano at the end of the season, plus we have to reduce the budget by more than just that. It worries me that our bench could be quite thin and a weaker team whenever injuries hit.

I think you're jumping the gun a bit here. Just because a player is out of contract at the end of June it doesn't necessarily mean we will lose that player. (I'm not talking about the loan players).

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 07, 2020, 12:27:26 AM

There's a club option for Odoi, so we will definitely not lose him if we don't want to. Archer was never more than back up, and most likely as a safety measure in case Betts had left in January. Kongole has almost had no impact on our season at all so shouldn't make any difference. Kebano is at best, in my opinion as much as I do like him, a half decent sub even at this level and should be easily replaced. We don't need both Reed and Arter in my opinion (but likely have conditional buying options), unless we have another year where all our midfielders gets injured at the same time.

I will ignore your budget comment since that is only complete guess work at this time.

So, even if we lose all of them (except Odoi, since only a complete mad man would not take up the option), we wouldn't be in a bad situation. If we were to lose some of our better players such as Rodak, Hector, Cairney or Mitro, then I might start to worry.