https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on September 24, 2020, 07:56:37 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 24, 2020, 05:56:53 PM
Bit strange to buy knocks for 10m and then suddenly sell him. I've never rated him though
original agreement was a loan with obligation to buy is why.

Is joke?

'Loan with obligation to buy', doesn't make any sense.

It's like paying alimony without the pleasure of adultery.

@jolslover

Quote from: jelmo on September 24, 2020, 12:15:51 PM
Kongolo.... Another championship level player who will most likely stay with us next year as he was willing to come to us last year when we were already in that division.

He's not a Champ level player. He was Huddersfields best player in their relegation season and one of the reasons they stayed up the year before. Dutch national team and Europa / Champions League experience with Monaco
STH H3

absenteeism

Quote from: Twig on September 24, 2020, 08:28:34 PM
Quote from: grandad on September 24, 2020, 07:28:44 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on September 24, 2020, 05:53:47 PM
Quote from: absenteeism on September 24, 2020, 05:46:33 PM
Good riddance to Knocky

Incredible lack of class in this comment.
I agree. Same with all his other posts. I now ignore him & refuse to take the bait by responding to him directly.

Count me in too. This is sadly typical of his posts.
thought there was meant to be no backseat nodding?

Nice of the three of you to form your own exclusive club, nice bit of cyber bullying

Bronaldinho

Knockaert is agent talk.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

itombomb

Yeah but smoke = fire.

If his agent is touting him around it's either because he's unhappy at not playing or has been told he can leave.

As with Cav and BDR all signs point to us having to make those 3 loans permanent, and we structured them that way for FFP reasons.

junior white

Quote from: cmg on September 24, 2020, 08:30:38 PM
Bit strange to buy knocks for 10m and then suddenly sell him. I've never rated him though

Is joke?

It seems to be quite common, was listening to sky and Arsenal are asking for that in Torreria's move to. Guess it used t9 be a more European thing and given the current market and world situation  makes more sense

Mr K.Dilkington

Is joke?

it's a win for either team. Either one gets a player cheaper if they play to their potential or the other team eventually get the sale they originally wanted. And are justified by said player performing poorly. Brighton on this one won,but spaffed it on terrible strikers. Apart from maupay who surprisingly came good.
Foolish ham

Sting of the North

Quote from: absenteeism on September 24, 2020, 08:34:14 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 24, 2020, 08:28:34 PM
Quote from: grandad on September 24, 2020, 07:28:44 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on September 24, 2020, 05:53:47 PM
Quote from: absenteeism on September 24, 2020, 05:46:33 PM
Good riddance to Knocky

Incredible lack of class in this comment.
I agree. Same with all his other posts. I now ignore him & refuse to take the bait by responding to him directly.

Count me in too. This is sadly typical of his posts.
thought there was meant to be no backseat nodding?

Nice of the three of you to form your own exclusive club, nice bit of cyber bullying

I only commented on your post (which I stand by completely lacked class towards a player who always gives his all for the team) not your person, so maybe you should not accuse me of inappropriate behavior? Just a thought.

Sting of the North

Is joke?

Most likely there are conditions that has to be met for the mandatory option to kick in. Such a condition may be promotion, number of games/goals, etc. I would assume that we had to buy Knockaert when we got promoted.

Tabby

Maidstone Lee

?s=21

#Marlon, medical examinations in progress col #Fulham
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

finknottle

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 24, 2020, 08:56:31 PM

Is joke?

Most likely there are conditions that has to be met for the mandatory option to kick in. Such a condition may be promotion, number of games/goals, etc. I would assume that we had to buy Knockaert when we got promoted.

We signed him before we got promoted. It was the day after the Forest game so possibly when se secured a playoff place?

WestSussexWhite

We had to sign Cav and Knockaert once they played a certain amount of games, as soon as they reached that point we had to sign them

General

I think knockers could be decent for us as a backup player at the very least, he just needs to be less selfish in the box and when shooting. If he looked to first find a pass and if not then take the shot on his value to us would increase significantly.

bencher

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on September 24, 2020, 09:04:34 PM
?s=21

#Marlon, medical examinations in progress col #Fulham

At this rate he should be available to play for us by Christmas  086.gif

Barrett487

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/en-sassuolo-defender-marlon-takes-medical-with-fulham

Sassuolo defender Marlon takes medical with Fulham
Home / News
09/24/20 21:52| News | Author: Editing
After a positive experience in Serie A, Marlon  is one step closer to moving to the Premier League. The former Barcelona defender is in fact currently taking his medical to join Fulham, once he gets his work permit tomorrow, he will sign his contract. Sassuolo are expected to receive € 15 million in a deal that was handled by Franck Timboli and Paolo Busardo as intermediaries.

cmg

Thanks to all for your various explainations of the Knockeart 'loan with obligation to buy' business.

We signed him permanently after 35 games so I suppose the figure 35 was the trigger for the obligation.

Doesn't exactly fit with what Tony Khan said at the time:
"I'm pleased to announce that we've exercised our option to convert Anthony Knockaert's loan agreement to a permanent, and now Anthony will be with us at Fulham for the future!

Anthony has become important to our squad since his arrival. Our loan deal with Brighton expired this month, and exercising our option ensures that Anthony will be with us for the remainder of our push for promotion this season and beyond!"

Mind you, we don't always believe everything we read, do we?

itombomb

I actually forgot that the loan would have expired during lockdown, and we needed him in the run in - so Brighton probably had us over a barrel.

Mince n Tatties

bobby01

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 25, 2020, 06:27:32 AM
Marlon Medical passed OK.🤗

If he could find aina wandering around lost somewhere that would be a double result.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.