Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 27, 2020, 11:09:39 AM
Quote from: Maidstone Lee on September 27, 2020, 11:01:19 AM
Marlon has been named in the Sassuolo squad today

Oh dear - so deal has not been completed with Fulham yet

Think they missed out on the 'not' there, he isn't in the squad.

General

He hasn't been named in the squad. Just seen the team sheet myself. Either a WUM or spelling went awol with auto complete.

HillingdonFFC

Really? It's so I reckon this ain't happening then for dinner reason. What on earth are we playing at?

Maidstone Lee

Was looking at the wrong squad list, he isn't in the team  :Get Coat gif: maybe he is on his was here.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Slaphead in Qatar

Per sky sports - Marlon not in squad today. So I think he's coming to us unless someone else has gazumped us

dfwilson84

I think its pretty obvious that we are just waiting on his work permit to come through

General

General

Quote from: dfwilson84 on September 27, 2020, 11:19:21 AM
I think its pretty obvious that we are just waiting on his work permit to come through

Is the work permit office for these things even open on a weekend?

dfwilson84

Quote from: General on September 27, 2020, 11:24:03 AM
Quote from: dfwilson84 on September 27, 2020, 11:19:21 AM

Is the work permit office for these things even open on a weekend?

Probably not. I guess they are waiting until the last minute to announce it. If it comes through tomorrow, announce straight away otherwise, announce at 11pm that hes signing subject to obtaining a work permit.

joef

I think we are in new waters here.

We are favourites for relegation, no one in football or the media is giving us a hope in hell of staying up.

Thanks to our last time in the Prem we have become a punchline to a joke.

I can't remember that being the case before.

There's been a lot of names mentioned who I genuinely don't think we have any shot at signing. Sadly clubs like Palace, Sheffield Utd, Newcastle, Burnley, Villa, Southampton and Brighton all have the edge on us as they look more stable. Gone are the days that we could pinch players over Newcastle or Everton.

We have to ignore the Brewsters or Rudigers as they won't come to us for a certain dog fight. We need to go abroad an unearth a few gems. Stay up this year by hook or by crook and then start to build from there and move up the pecking order.

We are definitely the underdogs this year, I say we embrace it and fight tooth and nail to prove we belong.

Statto

Seri deal was announced pending the work permit. So not sure why that would delay the Marlon announcement. Unless perhaps they're less sure of it being approved that the Seri deal, but I always assumed these things were a foregone conclusion based on transparent, objective criteria.

Mr K.Dilkington

who really believed rudiger would ever come and that brewster would not just go to "top of the bottom half" team?
be sensible lol
Foolish ham

dfwilson84

Quote from: Statto on September 27, 2020, 11:40:24 AM
Seri deal was announced pending the work permit.

It's a weird one though as unless they have changed the rules on non eu players or Marlon has an Italian passport, I can't see how he gets one. He hasn't played any international football in the last 2 years which is (or was) a key parameter. Surely they know this but it does make me wonder is Talibo is being lined up in case the Marlon deal collapses.

Jem

Quote from: Jem on September 27, 2020, 11:47:05 AM
Quote from: joef on September 27, 2020, 11:39:23 AM
I think we are in new waters here.

We are favourites for relegation, no one in football or the media is giving us a hope in hell of staying up.

There's been a lot of names mentioned who I genuinely don't think we have any shot at signing. Sadly clubs like Palace, Sheffield Utd, Newcastle, Burnley, Villa, Southampton and Brighton all have the edge on us as they look more stable. Gone are the days that we could pinch players over Newcastle or Everton.

We have to ignore the Brewsters or Rudigers as they won't come to us for a certain dog fight. We need to go abroad an unearth a few gems. Stay up this year by hook or by crook and then start to build from there and move up the pecking order.

We are definitely the underdogs this year, I say we embrace it and fight tooth and nail to prove we belong.
Tommy Trinder had a good go.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Holders

Quote from: joef on September 27, 2020, 11:39:23 AM

I was reading a novel yesterday, just harmless claptrap. Turns out that one of the characters supports Fulham: "He coped with the catastrophic results of Fulham FC as he would with a disability that must be lived with".

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

General

Quote from: dfwilson84 on September 27, 2020, 11:43:18 AM

It's a weird one though as unless they have changed the rules on non eu players or Marlon has an Italian passport, I can't see how he gets one. He hasn't played any international football in the last 2 years which is (or was) a key parameter. Surely they know this but it does make me wonder is Talibo is being lined up in case the Marlon deal collapses.

Rules are all on page 551 (555 total when scrolling), on pdf on this link.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/597662

Playing international games is one of a number of metrics used to objectively prove a players merits but isn't the only thing that allows a player to obtain a work permit.

We wouldn't have been able to sign any players from abroad like abou kamara, knockaert etc if it was one of the key metrics that needed to be filled.

finknottle

Seri was announced as the work permit was a formality due to him fulfilling the % of caps requirement. Marlon is more subjective so needs approval but it's based on transfer fee, wages, League appearances, standard of the league etc. Based on us paying £15m for him and his record of playing Serie A it should be approved.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Jem on September 27, 2020, 11:49:09 AM

Tommy Trinder had a good go.
[/quote]
[/quote]
To be fair Jem, he said "He can't remember that being the case"
I think maybe you and I are perhaps a little older than Joef!! 🤣⚽️
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

bencher

Quote from: General on September 27, 2020, 11:55:43 AM

Rules are all on page 551 (555 total when scrolling), on pdf on this link.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/597662

Playing international games is one of a number of metrics used to objectively prove a players merits but isn't the only thing that allows a player to obtain a work permit.

We wouldn't have been able to sign any players from abroad like abou kamara, knockaert etc if it was one of the key metrics that needed to be filled.

This isn't right. Any player with an EU passport is/was (pre-Brexit) eligible to work in the UK under the EU freedom of movement of workers. They don't need to have played any international football. The need for a work permit arises when they are not a worker protected by EU freedoms. I don't know the details of Marlon's case, but bear in mind that he has been working in the EU for at least 3-4 years now so he may have some protections applicable to workers due to residency.