Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: filham on August 10, 2020, 06:38:23 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 10, 2020, 05:38:17 PM
Quote from: filham on August 10, 2020, 05:28:03 PM
Don't write off Ream, those three Brentford strikers were said to be red hot and of premier league quality, the Hector Ream partnership saw them off over 90 minutes plus. Whoever we sign I think we start next season with Hector and Ream at centre back with any new centre back being introduced gradually from the bench.
I'm going to write ream off. We will be in huge trouble if he is a starter for us next season.
Six clean sheets in the twelve post Lockdown matches with Ream at centre back, difficult to see where you are coming from.

Woolly Mammoth

All very commendable and there for all to see. However, without writing anybody off and putting them out to graze. We need to have a closer look to where surgery is needed the most.
The cause for concern is that the opponents next season have players in their ranks that could exploit certain players shortcomings if we are not wise before the event.
These attacking players will be sharper and wiser and faster and fitter. So we have had to dissect the issue closely which has diagnosed 2 or 3 weaknesses in the ranks, identifying one of them as possibly Tim Ream.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Tabby

New Tony Khan interview in the times, some highlights.

About budget:

"We won't spend £100m again, I don't think we need to. The best players we bought are still with us. I feel better about the club, it's not as if we have to build again. I have already exercised most of options on loan payers and I expect the squad to look very similar to the one that got promoted."

About Reed:

"I'm working on it. I have an option to buy and I think he does want to stay."

About Seri and Anguissa:

"I love both players. The plan now is for them both to return to train with us in a couple of weeks. If the right bid came in, I'd have to consider it but right now they're aiming to come back to Fulham. Zambo is under contract for three more years and I believe in him. They like him a lot in Spain. Nobody is going to get Frank cheap. He's a great asset."

And finally about Ryan Sess:

"I am not not interested. Ryan already played for us in the Premier League and he didn't do enough to keep us in there. We get two [Premier League] loans and I can't be in the business of developing other people's players when they don't have time to play them. In my statistical system, I actually rated Josh [Onomah] equally with Sessegnon."

Whitestone

Quote from: filham on August 10, 2020, 06:40:53 PM
Quote from: filham on August 10, 2020, 06:38:23 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 10, 2020, 05:38:17 PM
Don't write off Ream, those three Brentford strikers were said to be red hot and of premier league quality, the Hector Ream partnership saw them off over 90 minutes plus. Whoever we sign I think we start next season with Hector and Ream at centre back with any new centre back being introduced gradually from the bench.
I'm going to write ream off. We will be in huge trouble if he is a starter for us next season.
Six clean sheets in the twelve post Lockdown matches with Ream at centre back, difficult to see where you are coming from.

They were Championship matches. We wouldn't be having this conversation if we hadn't been promoted. The next game Ream plays will be in the Prem where he performed poorly last time. Now isn't the time for sentiment. To have any chance of survival we need a left sided centre back and a right back.

Matt10

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 10, 2020, 06:08:46 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on August 10, 2020, 06:03:23 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 10, 2020, 05:50:27 PM

Is it really writing someone off after seeing him get destroyed almost every week in the Prem last season, and he's now even older?

The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Same goes for Odoi.

Different team, system, coheshion, chemistry - what else? Why do we constantly pigeon-hole our players? Hasn't the fact that most of us like Josh Onomah now serve as proof that we write players off too early? A premier league football hasn't even been kicked yet and we're already slating members of our promo team. It's exactly what happened last time. 

Ream is objectively worse than he was two years ago I don't think many if any Fulham fans would debate that, and given we seemingly went out to replace him in January while we were still in the Championship with Kongolo and now we're in the Prem...

It's not a fair debate, let alone judgement. I'm banking on the chemistry between Hector and Ream to be a bigger impact than these individual assessments that hold a crap season, in two years ago, over our players' heads.

St. Andrews White

Quote from: Tabby on August 10, 2020, 06:52:07 PM

About budget:

"We won't spend £100m again, I don't think we need to. The best players we bought are still with us. I feel better about the club, it's not as if we have to build again. I have already exercised most of options on loan payers and I expect the squad to look very similar to the one that got promoted."

About Reed:

About Seri and Anguissa:

"I love both players. The plan now is for them both to return to train with us in a couple of weeks. If the right bid came in, I'd have to consider it but right now they're aiming to come back to Fulham. Zambo is under contract for three more years and I believe in him. They like him a lot in Spain. Nobody is going to get Frank cheap. He's a great asset."

"I am not not interested. Ryan already played for us in the Premier League and he didn't do enough to keep us in there. We get two [Premier League] loans and I can't be in the business of developing other people's players when they don't have time to play them. In my statistical system, I actually rated Josh [Onomah] equally with Sessegnon."
Really interesting interview. Does come across as rather arrogant, but he clearly puts in a lot of hours and we did get promoted ofc. Aside from his dig as Sess, I found it really interesting - what I took away from it was:

-Reed is en route
- Anguissa is here to stay unless we get a silly offer
- Seri is coming back too, although a decent offer and he may go. Saying he's coming back could just be a game of poker
- We're not getting a backup striker, as Kamara is the backup
- We're not spending that much, although he did previously say we would strengthen
- He's not keen on loans, at least unless they lead to a possible purchase. If that would be the case for the Ampadu deal that would be phenomenal!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

The Rock

About budget:

About Reed:

About Seri and Anguissa:

I will stop short of slagging TK for the 743rd time as he has to say this kind of stuff, especially if any given player is in the store front window waiting to be sold to the highest bidder.

No money needs to be spent net/net. You sell Seri, MLM and Mawson 20-25m total and replace them with one or two proven defenders, that's almost all the team needs. Zambo to Villareal for 22m would be great business. If TK keeps him he better be sure he can actually be the ~ 25m + player he really should have been that never was for us.

wheelerdeeler

Think most of it is line with what the majority of Fulham fans think.

The Sessegnon part was interesting, but I've always had a suspicion that his Agent was messing us around a lot when he realised he had the "golden goose" with him because I always thought it was odd that basically every player who was key to our promotion in 2018 signed a new contract (Cairney, Ream, McDonald etc.) but Sessegnon didn't. And it's not like we were pinching pennies in that summer, so I doubt it would've been a "bad" offer on the table. Might be why he's taken a slight dig at him, because if the Ampadu stuff is true (can't see us getting an option to buy with him)- we are still willing to "develop other teams players" maybe just not that particular player.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: The Rock on August 10, 2020, 07:08:52 PM

About budget:

About Reed:

About Seri and Anguissa:

Zambo to Villareal for 22m would be great business. If TK keeps him he better be sure he can actually be the ~ 25m + player he really should have been that never was for us.

Zambo to Villarreal is basically off the table now. They can't afford the Option on him because they didn't get Champions League and they're signing Francis Coquelin and Dani Parejo from Valencia for ~15m Euros which sorts them out for Centre-Mid.

fulhamben

About budget:

About Reed:

About Seri and Anguissa:

ive waited all my life for someone at our club to say we won't be doing other teams dirty work. Bravo tony bravo.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Deuce

"He didnt keep us up" wow man thats harsh, especially on a young lad.

Well, what you can clearly take from that interview is that:
1. He wont back on his valuation of Zambo but I guess its also mind games.
2. He is sending a clear signal that we wont loan players without buy option. I think hes basically saying those things about Sess to get Spurs to sell Sess or to include a buy option.
3. Notice how he praises Zambo and not mentioning Seri...

Great news about Reed. Was a bit concerned there for a bit with the Ampadu-rumour

General

Quote from: St. Andrews White on August 10, 2020, 07:06:44 PM

About budget:

About Reed:

About Seri and Anguissa:

Really interesting interview. Does come across as rather arrogant, but he clearly puts in a lot of hours and we did get promoted ofc. Aside from his dig as Sess, I found it really interesting - what I took away from it was:

-Reed is en route
- Anguissa is here to stay unless we get a silly offer
- Seri is coming back too, although a decent offer and he may go. Saying he's coming back could just be a game of poker
- We're not getting a backup striker, as Kamara is the backup
- We're not spending that much, although he did previously say we would strengthen
- He's not keen on loans, at least unless they lead to a possible purchase. If that would be the case for the Ampadu deal that would be phenomenal!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sounds like TK is only interested in loan players who he has an option to buy now after having seen the likes of targett go first time round.

The not spending much, I think he meant we won't spend 100m which means we could spend 60-70 even 80. He's right though In Seri and Anguissa we have alongside Mitro, Bryan and mawson kept a substantial amount of the original 100m outlay. In his FFCTV interview he said he didn't want to pay over the odds for players and found that clubs were quoting at times double at the beginning of the transfer window to what they were quoting at the end which could have two knock on effects.. we do a lot of our transfer business at the end of the window and secondly the negative effects of this is it disrupts our squad dynamic and we don't get the players in for the beginning of the season which we need to do. A very short time frame between now and start of next season.

AnOldBrownie

About budget:

About Reed:

About Seri and Anguissa:

I will stop short of slagging TK for the 743rd time as he has to say this kind of stuff, especially if any given player is in the store front window waiting to be sold to the highest bidder.

No money needs to be spent net/net. You sell Seri, MLM and Mawson 20-25m total and replace them with one or two proven defenders, that's almost all the team needs. Zambo to Villareal for 22m would be great business. If TK keeps him he better be sure he can actually be the ~ 25m + player he really should have been that never was for us.

Villareal fired the manager that Zambo flourished under.    He's going to be wearing Fulham white next season unless someone shells out money for him.

Hopefully we'll do better than MLM and Ream as CBs along with Seri as a holding mid.   I expect Andre' to be very good for us.   Not sure he starts though.  He's going to have to earn Tom Cairney's spot.

AnOldBrownie

WTF?   MLM turns 31 this year?   Ok, between him and Tim Ream I'm keeping Tim and sending MLM out on loan.

I always worry we're going to concede a goal whenever he comes on the pitch, and he's not that much younger than Tim to justify keeping him over Tim.  imo.

Hope Kongolo is coming back.   I'd feel more comfortable with him as a backup LB than MLM.

Tabby

Unai Emery is also the new manager at Villareal and Arsenal are looking to offload Guendozi for a similar price that Anguissa would cost. And they got Parejo and Coquelin for very cheap as they fell out with the owner at Valencia.

I don't think they're interested anymore.

Statto

Disappointed that he said we won't be spending that much. We've received a windfall of £100m from Sky TV and we'd be mad not to use that to try to close the massive gulf in quality between us and the teams we need to finish above. As much as Ream, Kebano, Cairney and Odoi have done for us up to now, they're not going to keep us up on their own.

If TK thinks the lesson from 2018/19 was don't spend £100m, then he'll go down in my estimation big time. That wasn't the lesson to be learned at all. The lesson was don't sign too many players with no experience of English football, don't sign aging mercenaries like Schurrle on expensive short-term deals, don't rely on key players like Mawson recovering from an operation, don't make pointless signings like Vietto and Fabri, don't change the entire back five in one go, don't sign two goalkeepers in the same window. FFS it's not rocket science.

I'm now very worried TK is going to undo all the learning he appeared to have done this season by reverting straight back to his usual clueless pillock mode.

I really hope this is just bluster designed to stop people overcharging us if they think we've got a fortune to spend.

Tabby

I would say that the squad is a lot closer to complete than it was last time around in fairness. Came into the prem with Kamara and Rui Fonte as the strikers and a grand total of 4 senior defenders.

Statto

"Ryan already played for us in the Premier League and he didn't do enough to keep us in there."

Unduly harsh. And totally contradictory given the same can be said about Seri and Anguissa and he says he "loves" them.

"In my statistical system, I actually rated Josh [Onomah] equally with Sessegnon."

Did your statistical system mention that sessegnon was still a teenager and might get better, Einstein?

Bit of a car crash interview really.

fulhamben

About budget:

About Reed:

About Seri and Anguissa:

why would 22m be great business? We payed more than that for him and he's just had a great season.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.