watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Looking to take Kongolo back on loan according to Dutch media. I'd assume there would be a buy clause this time.

MrFFC

Come on you Whites!! :)

Classic94

Wouldn't mind Kongolo back providing he's free of injury. Provides useful cover at LB and CB.

filham

We already have Hector, Ream, Mawson , MLM & Odoi. If we sign Kongolo there would not be room for one more surely.

JEEVES

Quote from: filham on August 10, 2020, 04:00:03 PM
We already have Hector, Ream, Mawson , MLM & Odoi. If we sign Kongolo there would not be room for one more surely.

the only Centre back we have who is premier league quality is Hector. The rest are alright for squad players but they all need upgrading.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: JEEVES on August 10, 2020, 04:07:44 PM

the only Centre back we have who is premier league quality is Hector. The rest are alright for squad players but they all need upgrading.

I tend to agree with this. I would like Kongolo back and a loan suits both parties and seems like a no brainer if available, but I would also then like the 'big money' CB also. Those signings along with Reed and a RB are highest priority for me.

fulhamben

Odoi isn't really a cb though so 4 to 5 seems about right for cb position especially as you could currently clad mlm as a left back too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Classic94

Quote from: ByTheRiver on August 10, 2020, 04:29:23 PM

I tend to agree with this. I would like Kongolo back and a loan suits both parties and seems like a no brainer if available, but I would also then like the 'big money' CB also. Those signings along with Reed and a RB are highest priority for me.

Exactly, I'd see Kongolo as LB/LCB cover replacing MLM - who should be sold. Ream and Mawson would be backup CB's with Odoi as a 'general' utility man for the entire back four. A 'marquee' CB and RB are necessities.

shepperton white

How about Maitland-Niles from the Arse.  Believe his position is DM/CB if we could afford him of course

AnOldBrownie

MLM is not LB cover. He needs to go. A healthy Kongolo is a much better defender.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

junior white

Quote from: Tabby on August 10, 2020, 02:35:25 PM
Looking to take Kongolo back on loan according to Dutch media. I'd assume there would be a buy clause this time.
I thought the loan deal with AZ was done, no fee they pay all the wages instead

Tabby

Quote from: junior white on August 10, 2020, 04:54:53 PM
Quote from: Tabby on August 10, 2020, 02:35:25 PM
I thought the loan deal with AZ was done, no fee they pay all the wages instead
They're saying that AZ didn't want to pay all the wages, but Fulham wouldn't have that issue.

filham

So we sign Kongolo and one other to give us Hector Kongolo Ream A.N.Other means we have somehow to shed MLM and Mawson, how do we achieve that.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: filham on August 10, 2020, 05:02:30 PM

So we sign Kongolo and one other to give us Hector Kongolo Ream A.N.Other means we have somehow to shed MLM and Mawson, how do we achieve that.

MLM has been coming on late in games. Throughout the period post-lockdown and, indeed, the final. Mawson was on the bench so fit enough presumably, but not favoured by SP. So I don't think he gets shed. Also, I wouldn't count Ream in pack. He has served his time well but he simply cannot play Premier League football. The last time he tried he gave away a goal, go turned, a pen and a red card all in about 5 minutes. Sadly his reactions are just not that of a PL CB.

So:

Hector, New CB, Kongolo, MLM/Mawson. With Odoi as utility cover across the back four (but including CB when required).

filham

Don't write off Ream, those three Brentford strikers were said to be red hot and of premier league quality, the Hector Ream partnership saw them off over 90 minutes plus. Whoever we sign I think we start next season with Hector and Ream at centre back with any new centre back being introduced gradually from the bench.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on August 10, 2020, 05:28:03 PM
Don't write off Ream, those three Brentford strikers were said to be red hot and of premier league quality, the Hector Ream partnership saw them off over 90 minutes plus. Whoever we sign I think we start next season with Hector and Ream at centre back with any new centre back being introduced gradually from the bench.
I'm going to write ream off. We will be in huge trouble if he is a starter for us next season.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

wheelerdeeler

Is it really writing someone off after seeing him get destroyed almost every week in the Prem last season, and he's now even older?

The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Same goes for Odoi.

Matt10

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 10, 2020, 05:50:27 PM

Is it really writing someone off after seeing him get destroyed almost every week in the Prem last season, and he's now even older?

The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Same goes for Odoi.

Different team, system, coheshion, chemistry - what else? Why do we constantly pigeon-hole our players? Hasn't the fact that most of us like Josh Onomah now serve as proof that we write players off too early? A premier league football hasn't even been kicked yet and we're already slating members of our promo team. It's exactly what happened last time. 

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Matt10 on August 10, 2020, 06:03:23 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 10, 2020, 05:50:27 PM

Different team, system, coheshion, chemistry - what else? Why do we constantly pigeon-hole our players? Hasn't the fact that most of us like Josh Onomah now serve as proof that we write players off too early? A premier league football hasn't even been kicked yet and we're already slating members of our promo team. It's exactly what happened last time. 

Ream is objectively worse than he was two years ago I don't think many if any Fulham fans would debate that, and given we seemingly went out to replace him in January while we were still in the Championship with Kongolo and now we're in the Prem...

filham

Quote from: fulhamben on August 10, 2020, 05:38:17 PM
I'm going to write ream off. We will be in huge trouble if he is a starter for us next season.