https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 06, 2020, 12:19:09 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 06, 2020, 12:15:59 AM
RLC won't be announce until that medical is past, and I'm sure Fulham are throwing a superman regiment at him to make sure he doesn't have lingering mental and physical issues that might crop up mid season.

To be honest...as much as I like the player, if we didn't have so many midfielders I'd have been upset we took a chance on him.

If he can stay healthy...he's almost as big a steal as Anthony...but that is a BIG if.   

Want him to succeed with us.

The BBC website at 00.12 are getting bored waiting.  00-12 Come on Fulham

It's only 4:20 pm, October  5th in Los Angeles.  We've got time.   :005: 

EricB

RLC done, Just on TC Twitter

EricB

TK Twitter, it is late!

Tony Khan
@TonyKhan
I'm thrilled to announce the arrival of
@RLC
to
@FulhamFC
on loan. Ruben's a world-class player in the prime of his career, he's earned great Premier League experience, & we believe he'll be so valuable to our Club in our fight ahead of us! Come on Fulham!

JEEVES

Lighthouse

Now unless there is any other shocks I think that is it. Can I go to sleep now?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

On the Offal :wine: 049:gif

The Rock

Quote from: bencher on October 05, 2020, 09:26:29 PM
Quote from: St. Andrews White on October 05, 2020, 09:24:45 PM
I heard rumour we had a sell on clause for Smalling. Any idea if this is true?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If we did it probably expired several years ago knowing our luck

Maidstone had the sell on clause. If that included all further sales, well done to them. We don't have a clause as far as I know, but I don't run the books.

junior white

As I said in the last couple of days (and apparently back in August, thanks for the reminder Rock) we would sign 2 centre backs and a midfielder.

Now we can scour the EFL for some quality wide if we need it and also look for a Mitro back up, or sign one to do both those things

steed the legend

Can you assume that we pulled out of the Baumgartl deal as Adarabioyo was a cheaper option.

alfie

Quote from: steed the legend on October 06, 2020, 07:18:00 AM
Can you assume that we pulled out of the Baumgartl deal as Adarabioyo was a cheaper option.
I believe he pulled out, something to do with wanting guarantee of selection every game.
Well that's what I was told, not sure is a fact though.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

junior white

Quote from: alfie on October 06, 2020, 07:22:02 AM
I believe he pulled out, something to do with wanting guarantee of selection every game.
He felt that he may not get enough game time or more game time than he was getting at present as we were signing 3 centre backs, shame as a solid player. Is what it is though.

The Rational Fan

It seems you're implying that Baumgartl wanted a clause is his contract that Scott Parker would pick him ahead of Ream, Odoi and MLM. If Baumgartl watched the Aston Villa game and was worried Parker might think Reams better than him, something is really wrong with either Baumgartl self-belief or his belief in Parkers judgement. 

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 06, 2020, 07:39:30 AM

It seems you're implying that Baumgartl wanted a clause is his contract that Scott Parker would pick him ahead of Ream, Odoi and MLM. If Baumgartl watched the Aston Villa game and was worried Parker might think Reams better than him, something is really wrong with either Baumgartl self-belief or his belief in Parkers judgement.

I think your interpretation here is a huge reach, and that this wasn't what Alfie was implying. Isn't it much more likely that he came to understand that we were trying to sign 3 centre backs (so not an issue with Ream, MLM and Odoi as there would still be at least 3 more to compete with in Hector + 2 new signings), which made him feel that there was too great a risk of him ending up on the bench just like he is currently. I am 99,99 % sure that he didn't ask for a clause that made him an automatic pick.

Jim©

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 06, 2020, 07:39:30 AM

I do find the Ream bashing odd. He was without a doubt our best defender- whereas Odoi and Hector had shockers.
For me at the minute Ream, Tete (injured I know) and Robinson would form 3 of the 4. (Bryan I like ahead of Robinson).

Statto

Quote from: Jim© on October 06, 2020, 09:26:06 AMFor me at the minute Ream, Tete (injured I know) and Robinson would form 3 of the 4. (Bryan I like ahead of Robinson).

I know you're a WUM but please. Ream's days of starting for Fulham are officially over, and that's the best news we've had in since the play-off final

Sting of the North

Quote from: Statto on October 06, 2020, 09:52:19 AM
Quote from: Jim© on October 06, 2020, 09:26:06 AMFor me at the minute Ream, Tete (injured I know) and Robinson would form 3 of the 4. (Bryan I like ahead of Robinson).

I know you're a WUM but please. Ream's days of starting for Fulham are officially over, and that's the best news we've had in since the play-off final

In my opinion he has been better than the other CBs this season, with the possible exception for MLM. Not that I believe that you would care when it comes to Tim Ream (who in a WUM manner you love to describe as league 1 class), but in my opinion he was no worse than Hector last season and has for the moment done more to earn his place than the rest of them. I assume that Andersen will start but don't think Tosin will be a starter right away. My best guess is that we will see Andersen and Ream after the internationals.

filham

I bet we will see Ream in the line up for the 3rd round FA cup match.

ALG01

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 06, 2020, 10:05:35 AM

In my opinion he has been better than the other CBs this season, with the possible exception for MLM. Not that I believe that you would care when it comes to Tim Ream (who in a WUM manner you love to describe as league 1 class), but in my opinion he was no worse than Hector last season and has for the moment done more to earn his place than the rest of them. I assume that Andersen will start but don't think Tosin will be a starter right away. My best guess is that we will see Andersen and Ream after the internationals.

I agree Ream is a much maligned player. I do think it is a shame he is at the end of his career and is half a yard slower than I would like but i do feel he brings a stability and quality to the team. I suspect we have not seen the last of him and the competion for polaces will make everyone 'up there game.' I thought ream and MLM (a player I have much critisised) were top class against wolves.

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 06, 2020, 10:05:35 AM

By "this season" you're referring to 3 games each. I disagree that he's been better than Hector in those games (is the first goal we conceded this season already such a distant memory?) but will accept they've both been equally poor. On WhoScored.com their ratings are 6.06 and 6.05 which backs that up. However, personally I don't think 3 games is a sufficient sample size to judge players.

To suggest Hector wasn't any better than Ream last season is absurd with all due respect. Obviously these things are subjective but it's a bit like saying Knockaert was no worse than Benrahma. It's inconsistent with both the majority of opinion, and any reasonable statistical analysis.

JEEVES

The goal we conceded against Wolves was Reams fault. If he's still in the lineup for Sheff Utd I'll be gutted.