more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronaldinho

Quote from: JEEVES on October 06, 2020, 10:31:53 AM
The goal we conceded against Wolves was Reams fault. If he's still in the lineup for Sheff Utd I'll be gutted.

2 weeks for Andersen & Adarabioyo to get settled and embed in
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

fulhamben

Does Anderson speak English
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on October 06, 2020, 10:47:11 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 06, 2020, 10:46:08 AM
Does Anderson speak English

Yes
brilliant, that's every signing this season isn't it. Will really help with the integration
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Bronaldinho on October 06, 2020, 10:45:13 AM
The goal we conceded against Wolves was Reams fault. If he's still in the lineup for Sheff Utd I'll be gutted.

The hope is that there is now real competition and Hector has to step up or stay dropped. Andersen due to his experience will probably start but whether Adarabioyo is a shoe in in front of Hector remains to be seen. In a way he is Championship level, like Hector, and whether he can seize the opportunity remains to be seen. He is young and strong, like Aina, so we will see who adapts to our system quickest and impresses Parker. I think as much as TK talked about 'long term target' I bet Parker had not heard of them until yesterday.
Sheffield United are big and break from deep with overlapping ball carrying CBs so lots of overloads, mobility will be key, I just hope the two new arrivals are up to the pace and slot in. The competition for places across the team is great, should really elevate our game. Onoma, TC, AK47, Kebano, BDR, Knock and Cav (if they are still here) all have to fight for minutes.
We also added leaders, RLC, Andersen both vocal.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Bracken White

Thought we did well in the window but as per to consensus do feel we need another striker as back-up for Mitro - big bustling CF. Have to admit, I was a tad surprised that the German lad pulled out - Adarabioyo appears more Zat Knight than Hangerland/Hughes; that said, wishing him well. Andersen, however, exactly what we need & Loftus-Cheek a real bonus ... could be outstanding if he can stay injury free.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Sting of the North

Quote from: Statto on October 06, 2020, 10:24:43 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on October 06, 2020, 10:05:35 AM
Quote from: Statto on October 06, 2020, 09:52:19 AM
Quote from: Jim© on October 06, 2020, 09:26:06 AMFor me at the minute Ream, Tete (injured I know) and Robinson would form 3 of the 4. (Bryan I like ahead of Robinson).

I know you're a WUM but please. Ream's days of starting for Fulham are officially over, and that's the best news we've had in since the play-off final

In my opinion he has been better than the other CBs this season, with the possible exception for MLM. Not that I believe that you would care when it comes to Tim Ream (who in a WUM manner you love to describe as league 1 class), but in my opinion he was no worse than Hector last season and has for the moment done more to earn his place than the rest of them. I assume that Andersen will start but don't think Tosin will be a starter right away. My best guess is that we will see Andersen and Ream after the internationals.

By "this season" you're referring to 3 games each. I disagree that he's been better than Hector in those games (is the first goal we conceded this season already such a distant memory?) but will accept they've both been equally poor. On WhoScored.com their ratings are 6.06 and 6.05 which backs that up. However, personally I don't think 3 games is a sufficient sample size to judge players.

To suggest Hector wasn't any better than Ream last season is absurd with all due respect. Obviously these things are subjective but it's a bit like saying Knockaert was no worse than Benrahma. It's inconsistent with both the majority of opinion, and any reasonable statistical analysis.

The most absurd thing in all of this is your Knockaert vs Benrahma comparison (a bang average player vs the best in the division) when it comes to Ream vs Hector (two bang average players), but otherwise I am fine for you to believe that my subjective opinion is absurd (although not very respectful just because you claim that it was). Maybe I should base my opinions more on the majority of opinions instead?

I do agree though that the games this season is not a sufficient sample size to judge anyone, and I also agree that Ream is not PL started standard and never have shown to be. Neither has any of Odoi, MLM or Hector shown to be so far. Hector in particular has been so all over the place that I currently don't want to see him anywhere near the starting line up until we have settled a bit more and may be able to present him another chance under better circumstances. But that is just my absurd opinion.

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 06, 2020, 01:10:06 PM
The most absurd thing in all of this is your Knockaert vs Benrahma comparison (a bang average player vs the best in the division) when it comes to Ream vs Hector (two bang average players), but otherwise I am fine for you to believe that my subjective opinion is absurd (although not very respectful just because you claim that it was). Maybe I should base my opinions more on the majority of opinions instead?

But what evidence do you have that Benrahma is better than Knockaert, such that it's an absurd comparison, that we can't also apply to Ream vs. Hector?

Is it public opinion - that everyone else would tell you Benrahma was better than Knockaert last season? Fine, but we have that for Hector too - 5 MotM awards in the second half of last season by my count (Ream got none in that period) and joint third of the official PotS vote despite only being with us for half the season (Ream nowhere).

Or is it stats - that Benrahma got more goals and assists than Knockaert? Well again, fair enough, but whilst we can't look at goalscoring stats for defenders, we can look at tackles, interceptions, clearances and blocks. Hector made much more of all those than Ream last season.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Statto on October 06, 2020, 01:40:54 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on October 06, 2020, 01:10:06 PM

But what evidence do you have that Benrahma is better than Knockaert, such that it's an absurd comparison, that we can't also apply to Ream vs. Hector?

Is it public opinion - that everyone else would tell you Benrahma was better than Knockaert last season? Fine, but we have that for Hector too - 5 MotM awards in the second half of last season by my count (Ream got none in that period) and joint third of the official PotS vote despite only being with us for half the season (Ream nowhere).

Or is it stats - that Benrahma got more goals and assists than Knockaert? Well again, fair enough, but whilst we can't look at goalscoring stats for defenders, we can look at tackles, interceptions, clearances and blocks. Hector made much more of all those than Ream last season.

Fair enough. In my opinion the comparison is not even close to being valid based on what I saw of those players, but it is of course not objectively absurd since it is still subjective (and frankly the point of the comparison being absurd was mostly a childish response to your post, so unnecessary from me). For attacking players I agree that goals and assists might be a fairly good indicator. Much more difficult for defenders, in my opinion. FWIW I believe Hector was good when he first joined, but since the corona break he has been nothing more than average at best. So not much between him and Ream in my opinion, but Ream, despite his mistakes, has at least not looked generally overwhelmed by the PL so far.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: YoungsBitter on October 06, 2020, 10:55:28 AM

The hope is that there is now real competition and Hector has to step up or stay dropped. Andersen due to his experience will probably start but whether Adarabioyo is a shoe in in front of Hector remains to be seen. In a way he is Championship level, like Hector, and whether he can seize the opportunity remains to be seen. He is young and strong, like Aina, so we will see who adapts to our system quickest and impresses Parker. I think as much as TK talked about 'long term target' I bet Parker had not heard of them until yesterday.
Sheffield United are big and break from deep with overlapping ball carrying CBs so lots of overloads, mobility will be key, I just hope the two new arrivals are up to the pace and slot in. The competition for places across the team is great, should really elevate our game. Onoma, TC, AK47, Kebano, BDR, Knock and Cav (if they are still here) all have to fight for minutes.
We also added leaders, RLC, Andersen both vocal.

He will know Adarabioyo, as we played against him last year. Signing a Champions League defender is never a bad thing.

NJFulham

Quote from: Jim[emoji2398] on October 06, 2020, 09:26:06 AMFor me at the minute Ream, Tete (injured I know) and Robinson would form 3 of the 4. (Bryan I like ahead of Robinson).

I know you're a WUM but please. Ream's days of starting for Fulham are officially over, and that's the best news we've had in since the play-off final
I have a hard time believing they will start Tosin in the Sheffield United game.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

NJFulham

Andersen has national team duty, no?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

keithh

Santa promised me an attacking forward once the defence was sorted out - I guess he's now looking at the domestic window.

MickyAdamsFamily

It seems that the title of this thread was changed from Transfer Window to Deadline Day; we ought to consider changing it back, as the window is actually still open. There still exists the possibility of transfers between Premier League clubs and those in the lower domestic divisions for another 10 days, right? We have every reason to expect that our dealings are not over, and might imagine some incomings (Joshua King? Said Benrahma?) and outgoings (StefJo on loan and KMac on a free?).

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jim©

Quote from: Jim© on October 06, 2020, 09:26:06 AMFor me at the minute Ream, Tete (injured I know) and Robinson would form 3 of the 4. (Bryan I like ahead of Robinson).

Not at all.
You're the one who seems to wind all and sundry up on here. Isn't that what a WUM does?

I've been a fan of Ream as he's a very talented centre back. Ageing now and pleased with reinforcements. But since return of lockdown, bar one tackle v Cardiff, Hec has been terrible.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: keithh on October 06, 2020, 04:02:03 PM
Santa promised me an attacking forward once the defence was sorted out - I guess he's now looking at the domestic window.

He is indeed and wearing a red suit with a white beard, and I hope he is having a close look at Josh King and Karl Grant and Benrahma before the vultures from Villa and Albion start circling, come on recruitment unit, finish the job by adding the power pace and sharpness we need up
front which is the pathway to scoring goals that will keep Fulham FC away from the relegation trap door and leave West Brom, Burnley Sheff Utd, Brighton and Southampton to fight and scrap it out between them, and it would not surprise me if Leeds, Newcastle and Palace get dragged into the mix and also finish below Fulham.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jim© on October 07, 2020, 09:11:17 AM

Not at all.
You're the one who seems to wind all and sundry up on here. Isn't that what a WUM does?

I've been a fan of Ream as he's a very talented centre back. Ageing now and pleased with reinforcements. But since return of lockdown, bar one tackle v Cardiff, Hec has been terrible.

I have to confess I have not been a big Ream fan although i have appreciated his service to the club, and thinking about it, maybe I have been a little harsh in my criticism of him when he has made mistake, and he has made his fair share.
However, I believe Ream could still do a job for Fulham this season, not as a starter perhaps but as a sub/squad man, or maybe he will fight for his place and hold on.
As for Hector, for some reason he has gone from hero to zero in a short space of time, is it his fitness is their an issue from outside football that has taken its toll on him.
What I will say and o have been guilty myself of writing off players too quickly especially when results and performances do not match expectations, the higher up the mountain you go, the more treacherous the path.

Never forget your Roots.