News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's that time, starting to look forward to next weekend.

Started by os5889 mkII, June 15, 2020, 09:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889 mkII

I know it's still very alien to think of football with no fans, and it won't ever feel right but...  How good is it to wake up and think "Fulham at the weekend". It's a small thing but it's something to look forward to and help get through the week.

#COYW
@OsmithFFC

filham

Yes indeed, I have so missed following Fulham over the last 3 months.
Now we can look forward to the match on Saturday and start thinking of how we will perform.
Not sure that we can expect to simply pick up where we left off, it may be like the beginning of a new season and we could be in for one or two surprises in the team line up

Rodak, Hector, Cairney , Mitro, Bryan and Cav. are automatic starters but places in other positions could be up for grabs.

Right back.   The safe bet is Odoi but possible that Christie has looked strong in training.

Centre Back.   Ream is the obvious choice to partner Hector but it really is time for Mawsonto come good.

Defensive Midfield. Take your pick, McDonald, Reed, Arter.

Wide Right   Knockhaert but Kamara could be the man on form.

Midfield  Johansen, Reid or Onamah.

Well we will have to wait until Saturday to see what Parker has in mind but we can spend the next five days speculating.

C

os5889 mkII

Speculate indeed. With extra substitutes I wouldn't be surprised to see the power 3 of TC, StefJo and KMac deployed with the latter two being withdrawn after 50-60 minutes for Reed & Arter, or a combination thereof.

I'm actually fascinated by what the team will look like, and how we counter the threat of Brentford's total football. This is one game we can't come out of the blocks sluggish for...
@OsmithFFC

The Rational Fan

1st half: Rodak; Odoi, Hector, Ream, Bryan; Arter, Cairney, Reid; Kamara, Mitro, Cav
2nd half: Rodak; Christie, Hector, Ream, Bryan; Reed, Cairney, Reid; Knockaert, Mitro, Cav
Unused Bench: Betts, Mawson, KMac, Stefjo, Kebano
On standby: Archer, S.Sess, MLM, Onamah, LeTorres, Stanfield

Sgt Fulham

Not sure why but I'm not excited for the rest of this season. I wish they had just promoted the top 3!

KJS

Less than a week to go and yet I still have no interest in football re starting

flyingfish

Quote from: KJS on June 15, 2020, 02:13:38 PM

Yes, as you keep logging onto this football site to tell us

filham

Here is a wild thought or two.
Mawson hits top form in training and looks like the best centre back in the championship.
Kamara finds ball control and that extra bit of pace that will enable him to carve up defences while Christie is looking like a really solid defender. Experiments with formation shows that Ream is an obvious defensive midfielder.
All of this persuades Parker to change tactics to a pacey attacking game adopting a 4-4-2 line up.

We start with:-

Rodak
                           Christie              Hector                              Mawson             Bryan

Knock.               Ream                    Cairney                     Cav.

Kamara       Mitro

We win the game and play like champions  sending  Brentford away dwelling on their biggest defeat ever, 6-0 , at the Cottage and questioning their play off chances.
Fulham end the day thinking only of automatic promotion.

I am so looking forward to Saturday.

KJS

Quote from: flyingfish on June 15, 2020, 02:48:53 PM

What are you the Police!!!

BestOfBrede

I'm sorry but,
"Brentford's total football"

Really?
064.gif

RaySmith

Defintely looking forward to it, puts a spring in my step, seemed desolate without it.

And, we have something to play for!

COYW!!!

SuffolkWhite

Brentford are a bogey team for us so my expectations are low.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Woolly Mammoth

Cometh the hour cometh the man. If Fulham have aspirations to be promoted then we are going to have to beat Brentford, and the best time to do it is Saturday.
There is no disadvantage as it will commence 11 v 11 they have two arms to legs and a head, very similar to Fulhams players.
They are not immortal, only in the eyes of the mentally weak and fearful.
I hope our players do not concern themselves over what may have happened in the past, it will only count with what happens Saturday.
We can all speculate and prepare to meet thy doom if that is your wish. For me i will not lose an ounce of Bo Peep.
If we are the best team, we can and should beat them, if we are not, then we probably will not, and we have to move on to the next game v Leeds.
I cannot abide doommongering before a ball has been kicked.
If both Brentford and Leeds beat us, we probably do not deserve to go up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 15, 2020, 12:57:26 PM
1st half: Rodak; Odoi, Hector, Ream, Bryan; Arter, Cairney, Reid; Kamara, Mitro, Cav
2nd half: Rodak; Christie, Hector, Ream, Bryan; Reed, Cairney, Reid; Knockaert, Mitro, Cav
Unused Bench: Betts, Mawson, KMac, Stefjo, Kebano
On standby: Archer, S.Sess, MLM, Onamah, LeTorres, Stanfield
Like the more solid first half Mid field.
Could be important against a side like Brentford. ✔

AnOldBrownie

Just win the damn game.  I don't care who, or what, or how. 

COYW!!

20 days...3 top 5 teams...we're going to know a bit more come mid-July.

os5889 mkII

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 16, 2020, 04:37:13 AM
Just win the damn game.  I don't care who, or what, or how. 

COYW!!

20 days...3 top 5 teams...we're going to know a bit more come mid-July.

Yes, this is pretty much my sentiment. 1-0 Fulham win with the ball coming off KMacs arse would do nicely.
@OsmithFFC

ByTheRiver

Yep, very excited to have the boys back in one way or or another. Few pals watching the game together on Zoom (such is the modern way) so we can drink, watch and shout obscenities and whatnot together.

Be interesting to see who is fit after the break. AK to play a big part in these 9 whether off the bench or starting (will have to mix it up from next week when goes Tues, Sat, Tues, Sat). Would look at Kongolo or Mawson in place of Ream if fit (lets face it, no one is 'match fit' now so that bit doesn't matter). Would chuck Reed in front of them too if he's back.

Come on Fulham! Get off to a good start on Saturday and anything could happen!

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Forget Kongolo he won't be fit to play in any of our nine games..

flyingfish

Quote from: KJS on June 15, 2020, 04:37:33 PM
Quote from: flyingfish on June 15, 2020, 02:48:53 PM

What are you the Police!!!

Well here we all are getting excited about the game and here you pop up here there and everywhere telling everyone you have no interest in football!  And hanging outnon a football site to let everyone know how uninterested you are in footbal starting up!

Its like hanging out on a game of thrones forum telling everyone 'never seen it, not interested!'