https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Told you we should have sacked Parker in December

Started by fulhamben, June 20, 2020, 02:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on June 20, 2020, 02:29:06 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 20, 2020, 02:27:46 PM
Not going to get rattled just because we lose to the best team in the division besides ourselves, despite shading the game game overall and having by far the better chances
best team in the division besides ourselves 😂

They are,better footballing side than the top 2.

filham

Not going to get rattled just because we lose to the best team in the division besides ourselves, despite shading the game overall and having by far the better chances

Actually thought we played well

If we'd won 2-0 no one could say it was lucky or undeserved

But we didn't win, we didn't even score a goal, we came close but only once and remember we were at home.
Sorry ,  not good enough our attack is just too slow.

RoyTund

Afraid another disappointment. Yes, I know we are 3rd (for now) but I cant be the only one who thinks anything other than autos with this squad is underachieving.

Denver Fulham

Thought we played "fine." We were nominally the better through 88 minutes. Brentford are a good side, and an obvious bogey one for us.

Parker's style stinks, but we're stuck with it for at least 8-11 more matches. Hope we use the next month to find peak form for the playoffs.

Southdowns White

Parker just didn't see what we all saw coming, their manager worked that perfectly, they came to Fulham to do a job whereas we were only there for a 0-0 draw. Wake up Parker show some passion.

alfie

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 20, 2020, 02:30:25 PM
Fact remains, we lost, again. Our record against top 6 is poor and continuing even after a long absence to reflect and do better. But same old, same old. As I've said many times before, if we played entertaining football, I'd be on board with you Statto, but we don't. Its so boring and we create bugger all. You say our chances were better, their goals were both better chances so I think thats incorrect.
I thought we created few chances, hit the post, shot just wide, couple of headed chances from Mitro,
My opinion Brentford have better overall players.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

howitis

Quote from: Andyb on June 20, 2020, 02:26:17 PM
Take bryan with him

Your bang right there.
Bryan been a liability ever since he arrived. Manager needs to go and squad needs overhaul. Brentford recruitment team seem light years ahead of us.

rebel

It's the stupid 'unnecessary' substitutions, he keeps doing it, especially against the 'quality' teams in the league. It's cost us points in the past, it will do in the future. It means the subs have to get up to the pace of the match.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: filham on June 20, 2020, 02:41:49 PM
Not going to get rattled just because we lose to the best team in the division besides ourselves, despite shading the game overall and having by far the better chances

Actually thought we played well

If we'd won 2-0 no one could say it was lucky or undeserved

But we didn't win, we didn't even score a goal, we came close but only once and remember we were at home.
Sorry ,  not good enough our attack is just too slow.

Wait...what do you mean once?   Bobby's ball hit the bar, and 2 Mitro header attempts that were saved (not even counting his weak header).

That's 3 good chances to their two.

I do have a problem with us being so reliant on Mitro though.   If he doesn't put the ball into the back of the net we need more consistent threats from other parts of the pitch.   Tom Cairney was forgettable.   Bobby Reid ran around a lot but was pretty much forgettable.   

Joe Bryan was arguably our second best offensive threat because he put good crosses in the box...

I'm not crying "Scott Parker OUT", but this style of play does leave the team open to being beaten by better schemed sides. 

Fortunately there are 8 games left, and we play the teams ahead of us.   

Make adjustments and on to the next game.   The sky isn't falling folks.

@jolslover

Quote from: howitis on June 20, 2020, 02:45:22 PM
Take bryan with him

Your bang right there.
Bryan been a liability ever since he arrived. Manager needs to go and squad needs overhaul. Brentford recruitment team seem light years ahead of us.

The squad doesn't need an overhaul, the squad is the best in the league and with an experienced manager this would show.
STH H3

alfie

Quote from: rebel on June 20, 2020, 02:47:54 PM
It's the stupid 'unnecessary' substitutions, he keeps doing it, especially against the 'quality' teams in the league. It's cost us points in the past, it will do in the future. It means the subs have to get up to the pace of the match.
What stupid substitutions Reed picked up injury, Knockhart was knackered and was not doing much, some people saying Bobby D-R is a waste of time,
Johansson on, and a young lad given a chance, Arter is no slouch, Cav can get goals.

so what subs would you have done.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

AnOldBrownie

Now...I will say, that after a season Scott still hasn't figured out how to get us to score outside of Mitro, or a crackin' goal from outside the box.

Buildup is non existent.

ALG01

in the end it was the old cliche...you have to take your chances and we did not. Bobby hit the post knock went just wife and mitro's headers were just not quite there.
in response they had been trying one tactic all gam and the once it worked they scored. in six weeks when everyone is fit I would suggest we will wipe the floor with brentford if we have to play them again

howitis

Quote from: @jolslover on June 20, 2020, 02:51:48 PM
Take bryan with him

Your bang right there.

The squad doesn't need an overhaul, the squad is the best in the league and with an experienced manager this would show.

With respect I just don't agree. So many players either past their best, totally ineffectual or not good enough in the first place.
Apart from Mitro, Cairney, Hector , tidal and maybe bobby Reid who would you want next season

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: alfie on June 20, 2020, 02:53:44 PM
Quote from: rebel on June 20, 2020, 02:47:54 PM
What stupid substitutions Reed picked up injury, Knockhart was knackered and was not doing much, some people saying Bobby D-R is a waste of time,
Johansson on, and a young lad given a chance, Arter is no slouch, Cav can get goals.

so what subs would you have done.

Agreed with your post except for that part.

I don't rate Arter in the position he's being played in.   At all.

Statto

Quote from: Mickeyboro on June 20, 2020, 02:38:18 PM
To hear him talk, it's clear he hasn't got two brain cells to rub together. Get rid!

FWIW I know where you're coming from.
I don't think he has the mental acuity to be a top manager and this squad should be getting automatic promotion.
But I've known all that for about 8 months now and spent enough time reading it on here.
I just don't think today's performance and result were particularly poor or surprising.... Perhaps because I've subconsciously lowered my expectations or perhaps just because we played quite well and were unlucky

Milo

Some posts removed on this thread as people are starting to be rude to each other already!

Let's just be civilised and enjoy the football being back.

The recent poll was very clear in that everyone wants a zero tolerance approach to such behaviour. We will have to issue temporary bans from now on.

RoyTund

Quote from: howitis on June 20, 2020, 03:06:34 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on June 20, 2020, 02:51:48 PM
Take bryan with him

Your bang right there.

With respect I just don't agree. So many players either past their best, totally ineffectual or not good enough in the first place.
Apart from Mitro, Cairney, Hector , tidal and maybe bobby Reid who would you want next season

I don't agree with that. This squad should be top 2. End of

colinwhite

A decent game and performance by us,in strange circumstances. They play the same way as us and we just about shaded the chances. These things happen so we move on and know there is along way to go . Parker is our manager and that isnt going to change any time soon so put a new record on Ben for gods sake.We know you dont like him and didnt even rate him as a player.

Mince n Tatties

All this best squad in the league nonsense all the time.
I bet quite a few fans at other clubs think exactly the same....