watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Told you we should have sacked Parker in December

Started by fulhamben, June 20, 2020, 02:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ByTheRiver

Parker is not, has never been, nor will ever be, the right man for the job. I said it on here before a ball was kicked, during the season and again now. He is woefully underperforming with the resources at his disposal. I genuinely believe if he had the Ronaldinho/Iniesta/Xavi era Barca team in this division, he'd still be third or thereabouts. And they'd still be some making excuses for him.

Yes, we could have won today and yes, we could still go up. Doesn't mean he's the right man for the job. Our wage bill must be nearly the same as the rest of the league combined!

I think I preferred my weekends without Fulham ruining them. Launched the remote when the 2nd went in. FFS.

bahay18

Quote from: Arthur on June 20, 2020, 05:54:29 PM
Quote from: bahay18 on June 20, 2020, 05:23:36 PM
I think we played ok today and another day we would have won...

BUT

The manager cost us the game today .

Unless by 'another day', you actually mean 'with a different manager', isn't this a contradiction?

There should have been a very definite plan after 60/65 mins . Brentford rode out that 20 min spell at the start of the second half and then made changes to exploit tired legs . Their manager won the game ours lost it

What I most want to say, however, is that, having had the better of the opening 20 minutes of the second half, if Parker had brought on a few substitutes at that point and we'd lost, the complaint would be he disrupted the team at a time in the game when we were on top.

no , i dont think it was a contradiction , it was post of two halves . The first 60 mins we did ok and probably should have got in front , no fault on parker at that stage. but after that mitro chance it was apparent there was a shift in the game , it was crying out for more energy ,after the drinks break we weren't in it . our players were tired ,he should have known this ,  there should have been plan . that cost us the game . Brentford are decent side and that's another reason we lost of course. one of the fun things about reading this forum is all the different views , who had a good game / bad game. I think there is just a lot of frustration today , shouldn't have lost that 0-2

alfie

WBA best team in the league and they mustered 1 shot on target and that was in the last minute,
11 matches produced only 2 home wins, Brentford were better, but not by that much.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

rebel

Quote from: Statto on June 20, 2020, 04:59:35 PM
Quote from: rebel on June 20, 2020, 03:34:39 PM
I would of kept Kebano on for starters.

Just goes to show it's all about opinions because I thought Kebano was virtually anonymous. I was disappointed we didn't take him off at half time... although not surprised, because Parker is never quick to make changes

He was definitely one of the better players from a poor performance. 

rebel

It's not over, but if you 'keep shooting yourself in the foot every week', it soon will be. I don't know what we've actually done to be 3rd in the league (there hasn't been a complete performance all season).
As I said on a different forum, the Championship is 'very average' this season.

Arthur

Quote from: bahay18 on June 20, 2020, 06:30:28 PM

BUT

Unless by 'another day', you actually mean 'with a different manager', isn't this a contradiction?

no , i dont think it was a contradiction , it was post of two halves . The first 60 mins we did ok and probably should have got in front , no fault on parker at that stage.

Thank you for your reply.

All the same, in the last half an hour, we lost 2-0. So unless, on another day, the performance we saw today in the first 60 minutes earns us a three-goal lead, we're not going to win.

But I can see the point you're making.

bahay18

Quote from: Arthur on June 20, 2020, 07:11:34 PM
Quote from: bahay18 on June 20, 2020, 06:30:28 PM

BUT

no , i dont think it was a contradiction , it was post of two halves . The first 60 mins we did ok and probably should have got in front , no fault on parker at that stage.

Thank you for your reply.

All the same, in the last half an hour, we lost 2-0. So unless, on another day, the performance we saw today in the first 60 minutes earns us a three-goal lead, we're not going to win.

But I can see the point you're making.

thanks for reply .  lets hope we can pick ourselves and learn some lessons .  have a good evening

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rebel on June 20, 2020, 06:44:29 PM
It's not over, but if you 'keep shooting yourself in the foot every week', it soon will be. I don't know what we've actually done to be 3rd in the league (there hasn't been a complete performance all season).

Shooting ourselves in the foot, yes I agree you are absolutely right. Although on this occasion we haven't just shot ourselves in the foot, more like blown it completely off this time.
We really need to bounce back strongly against Leeds because it will be no picnic at Elland Road, we really have to win this one if we can. If we cannot finish in the top two, 3rd place is crucial.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ByTheRiver

The only positive today (Reed aside, he was as superb as always!) is that West Brom drooped points and maybe, just maybe, the players will be embarrassed at this loss and kickback next week to make amends and we manage to beat Leeds. Then it's back on.

(It's the hope that kills you... But what can you do? Sucker for Fulham)

rebel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 20, 2020, 08:27:17 PM

Shooting ourselves in the foot, yes I agree you are absolutely right. Although on this occasion we haven't just shot ourselves in the foot, more like blown it completely off this time.
We really need to bounce back strongly against Leeds because it will be no picnic at Elland Road, we really have to win this one if we can. If we cannot finish in the top two, 3rd place is crucial.

Agree 100%, excellent post.

The season we got relegated from the Prem. The first match of the season was against Sunderland, we were 'dire', but 'won'. I was spouting my 'usual nonsense' about 'it's all about performance'. Another poster said 'why am I moaning? we won didn't we'. We got relegated that season. Without performances, wins are nothing and give fans a false sense  of security.

rebel

Quote from: ByTheRiver on June 20, 2020, 08:33:55 PM
The only positive today (Reed aside, he was as superb as always!) is that West Brom drooped points and maybe, just maybe, the players will be embarrassed at this loss and kickback next week to make amends and we manage to beat Leeds. Then it's back on.

(It's the hope that kills you... But what can you do? Sucker for Fulham)

Yep saw some 'tenacity', got stuck in, bought energy with purpose. Very few did today.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: grandad on June 20, 2020, 04:15:36 PM
Playing inverted wingers is our worst tactic. They always tryto cut inside. If they played in their natural sides they should be able to put decent crosses in with their dominant foot. When was the last time Cav or Knock cut in& scored.? No more than a couple of times all season.
✔✔✔ Been saying this all season.
It has rarely worked, yet we continue to plug away with it for 85+% of games.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jims Dentist on June 25, 2020, 11:48:13 PM
Quote from: grandad on June 20, 2020, 04:15:36 PM
Playing inverted wingers is our worst tactic. They always tryto cut inside. If they played in their natural sides they should be able to put decent crosses in with their dominant foot. When was the last time Cav or Knock cut in& scored.? No more than a couple of times all season.
✔✔✔ Been saying this all season.
It has rarely worked, yet we continue to plug away with it for 85+% of games.

As a big fan of inverted wingers, I must admit it's kind of pointless if wingers aren't scoring with their natural foot. It seems wide players are just trying to get the ball to Mitro, Cairney and Reid, surely natural wingers do that better.

Barrett487

I don't believe that we should have sacked Scot in December, because i said he was the wrong guy in the first place. Hope he proves me wrong.

Logicalman

I understand where you're coming from, and cannot disagree about the 'complete performance' comment, but our position belies those on here claiming we are rubbish every week under Scotty, and don't deserve to go up.
Simply put, we might not be the fashionable side, have the greatest tactics, the best manager, or the best of anything for that matter, but SOMETHING is going right, or we would be in the same position as Luton.

I guess the only other explanation is that we are crap, but 18 other teams, thus far, are crappier than us!    :005:

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

bobby01

Quote from: Logicalman on June 26, 2020, 08:52:33 PM

I understand where you're coming from, and cannot disagree about the 'complete performance' comment, but our position belies those on here claiming we are rubbish every week under Scotty, and don't deserve to go up.
Simply put, we might not be the fashionable side, have the greatest tactics, the best manager, or the best of anything for that matter, but SOMETHING is going right, or we would be in the same position as Luton.

I guess the only other explanation is that we are crap, but 18 other teams, thus far, are crappier than us!    :005:

Personally I believe we are where we are because of moments of individual brilliance by very good players. How many games have we one with a worldy from cav cutting in on his right foot to score a blinder, or a goal from Mitro,when very very few other frontmen would have got near the ball. Lots of great individual goals this year,made from nothing really.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

FulhamStu

We are not crap but we should be a hell of a lot better with the players we have.   

Player for player we have a huge pool of proven, been there done it, top top championship players.  Our problem is that we have not properly clicked as a smooth flowing team, this is why I argue it's best to keep this squad together and get it flowing next season if we miss out this.

rebel

It's a 'average Championship' (we should be flying, the players are being over coached - everything is micromanaged), it's not as competitive as it has been in previous season. If you want to put it that way, then that's about right, 'I guess the only other explanation is that we are crap, but 18 other teams, thus far, are crappier than us!'.

Logicalman

Quote from: rebel on June 27, 2020, 11:15:25 AM

It's a 'average Championship' (we should be flying, the players are being over coached - everything is micromanaged), it's not as competitive as it has been in previous season. If you want to put it that way, then that's about right, 'I guess the only other explanation is that we are crap, but 18 other teams, thus far, are crappier than us!'.

You are absolutely correct. We should be flying, but how many times do we see such a team? 4-5 Months ago both WBA & Leeds had this league wrapped up, the only two questions were
1. Who will eventually be the winners?
2. Which other team of also-rans will be fortunate enough to go up with them?
Both those teams are still at the top, but they have both been beaten or drawn against by teams they should have swamped (Cardiff & Birmingham).
The ONLY team that has proven anywhere near consistency of a high level has been Brentford in reality (OK then Derby have come back strong - but they are not in the running). Brentford have beaten third and first place teams, plus their remaining fixture put them in a good position. With 24 points still up for grabs, 5 points is not a big enough cushion to feel safe.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

General

Honestly, there's an arguement to be made that we should never have got rid of Slavisa and should've stuck with him, with the only difference being letting him have more say in the transfers the summer we went up.