https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Told you we should have sacked Parker in December

Started by fulhamben, June 20, 2020, 02:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Quote from: alfie on June 20, 2020, 02:53:44 PM
Quote from: rebel on June 20, 2020, 02:47:54 PM
It's the stupid 'unnecessary' substitutions, he keeps doing it, especially against the 'quality' teams in the league. It's cost us points in the past, it will do in the future. It means the subs have to get up to the pace of the match.
What stupid substitutions Reed picked up injury, Knockhart was knackered and was not doing much, some people saying Bobby D-R is a waste of time,
Johansson on, and a young lad given a chance, Arter is no slouch, Cav can get goals.

so what subs would you have done.

It's no surprise we conceded after we bought on the substitutions, as I said it's a consistent pattern, we've thrown so many points away because of it. I would of kept Kebano on for starters. Johansen for Reed. I would have left it like that. The player have been off for 3 months. There are 'zero' positives to take away from today's matches. I'll leave Mitro parked.   

clarkey

The problem was we looked bereft of ideas, play one pace football, have no set plays, little obvious signs of organisation and the subbing is useless.

The role of the coach is greater in this short burst of intensive matches, more substitutions allowed and following a long period of homework and coaching...16 weeks. It looked like FFC had barely met each other during that time.Certainly no innovative coaching additions.

We never surprise, rarely play at full speed and expect chances to just materialise.

It is bad tactically and terrible game management. Sadly we have a poor manager. Shame cos we all like him, but he is not very good.At all.

rebel

Quote from: clarkey on June 20, 2020, 03:36:53 PM
The problem was we looked bereft of ideas, play one pace football, have no set plays, little obvious signs of organisation and the subbing is useless.

The role of the coach is greater in this short burst of intensive matches, more substitutions allowed and following a long period of homework and coaching...16 weeks. It looked like FFC had barely met each other during that time.Certainly no innovative coaching additions.

We never surprise, rarely play at full speed and expect chances to just materialise.

It is bad tactically and terrible game management. Sadly we have a poor manager. Shame cos we all like him, but he is not very good.At all.

Excellent post, you know your football.

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 20, 2020, 03:20:26 PM
All this best squad in the league nonsense all the time.
I bet quite a few fans at other clubs think exactly the same....

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-experts-make-201920-promotion-16673545 

Journalist that covers every club in the champ predictions at start of season  - 17/24 predicted Fulham to go up - more than any other club

It's not nonsense - the general view from pundits was that on paper we had the best team in the league going into the season
STH H3

Sgt Fulham

I dont enjoy watching us under Parker. I almost dont care to watch the rest of the season despite a good chance of playoffs. This is coming from someone who has lived and breathed Fulham for years. 

LittleErn

Quote from: clarkey on June 20, 2020, 03:36:53 PM

And this explains why Knockaert and Cav no longer score - They are not the sort of wingers that take on their marker and beat them. They need to be given the ball in space so their pace (?) can come into play and they have room to shoot. With our current style they get the ball in well marked areas and are forced into passing backwards. Neither of them are adept at crossing either - Brentford wingers put the ball across the box almost every time they got the chance. Why don't we?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on June 20, 2020, 03:46:03 PM

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-experts-make-201920-promotion-16673545 

Journalist that covers every club in the champ predictions at start of season  - 17/24 predicted Fulham to go up - more than any other club

It's not nonsense - the general view from pundits was that on paper we had the best team in the league going into the season

Them pundits who talk nonsense most of the time and half the time predict the wrong result of games.😵
Games played on grass not paper.

Texas White

Brentford how really clever set plays worked out. Lots of obvious practice. We don't seem to have worked on any.

grandad

Playing inverted wingers is our worst tactic. They always tryto cut inside. If they played in their natural sides they should be able to put decent crosses in with their dominant foot. When was the last time Cav or Knock cut in& scored.? No more than a couple of times all season.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: grandad on June 20, 2020, 04:15:36 PM
Playing inverted wingers is our worst tactic. They always tryto cut inside. If they played in their natural sides they should be able to put decent crosses in with their dominant foot. When was the last time Cav or Knock cut in& scored.? No more than a couple of times all season.

100% agree, inverted wingers are too predictable and easily defended against. I'm still fuming about today.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

simplyfulham

Quote from: @jolslover on June 20, 2020, 02:34:37 PM
So frustrating that, really annoying

With 5 subs allowed it really comes down to manager vs. manager - these 5 subs are a huge advantage if you use them correctly (as Brentford did today). I feel we will lose games based on having an inexperienced manager.

I don't want to come across like I'm having a pop or anything, but I couldn't disagree more.

The only real advantage it gives you is being able to have a little more of a look at some players who otherwise would not have got as much game time. Like bringing on Jasper today late on.

Bringing players on is always a little risky. You are gambling on that player getting into the game quick enough to not slip up and to be able to have an effect on the game. Changing 5 of the 11 players basically shifting around half of outfield players. That seems like a lot of risks to take simply for the gamble of fresh legs.

In my view at least, I think it adds a lot more risk and chance to the game and therefore there is less influence from the manager in that respect.

Lighthouse

Any form really goes out the window after such a long lay off. There will be plenty of odd results flying about between now and the end of season. Never agreed that our squad was so much better than any others. Certainly our defence until Christmas and Hector was poor. But fans blaming coaches and players is typical of our mentality but I am afraid one game back does not a Winter make anymore than a win would have changed the season into glorious happy Summers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Statto

Quote from: rebel on June 20, 2020, 03:34:39 PM
I would of kept Kebano on for starters.

Just goes to show it's all about opinions because I thought Kebano was virtually anonymous. I was disappointed we didn't take him off at half time... although not surprised, because Parker is never quick to make changes

ffccornwall

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on June 20, 2020, 03:49:38 PM
I dont enjoy watching us under Parker. I almost dont care to watch the rest of the season despite a good chance of playoffs. This is coming from someone who has lived and breathed Fulham for years. 
You have just echoed my thoughts...it's so boring to watch.

Logicalman

Quote from: filham on June 20, 2020, 02:41:49 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 20, 2020, 02:27:46 PM
Not going to get rattled just because we lose to the best team in the division besides ourselves, despite shading the game overall and having by far the better chances

Actually thought we played well

If we'd won 2-0 no one could say it was lucky or undeserved

But we didn't win, we didn't even score a goal, we came close but only once and remember we were at home.
Sorry ,  not good enough our attack is just too slow.

To put it into a little perspective, Brum just held West Brom to a 0-0 draw at Brom!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Statto

Quote from: simplyfulham on June 20, 2020, 04:45:09 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on June 20, 2020, 02:34:37 PM
So frustrating that, really annoying

With 5 subs allowed it really comes down to manager vs. manager - these 5 subs are a huge advantage if you use them correctly (as Brentford did today). I feel we will lose games based on having an inexperienced manager.

I don't want to come across like I'm having a pop or anything, but I couldn't disagree more.

The only real advantage it gives you is being able to have a little more of a look at some players who otherwise would not have got as much game time. Like bringing on Jasper today late on.

Bringing players on is always a little risky. You are gambling on that player getting into the game quick enough to not slip up and to be able to have an effect on the game. Changing 5 of the 11 players basically shifting around half of outfield players. That seems like a lot of risks to take simply for the gamble of fresh legs.

In my view at least, I think it adds a lot more risk and chance to the game and therefore there is less influence from the manager in that respect.

I'd have to agree with jolslover. Subs are one of the manager's main tools for tactical intervention so any broadening of that broadens the manager's ability to influence the game IMO.

Also as the commentators said today, it will favour the clubs with strength in depth, which again should suit us. We may like to slag off Cavaleiro, Arter, AK47, Christie et al but not many, if any, other clubs in this division have players of that calibre warming the bench. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: @jolslover on June 20, 2020, 03:46:03 PM

Pundits know Jack Poo, if one of them told me night followed day I would go and ask somebody else.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bahay18

I think we played ok today and another day we would have won and i don't think we deserved to lose , 0-2 was harsh

BUT

The manager cost us the game today . After the Mitro header we lost control of the game , it was obvious to see. We started looking leggy. Thats when the manager should have moved to plan b . He only had to watch all the other games to see the players would get tired. He should have been prepared for this and clearly wasn't . You have 5 subs , use them .

It reminded me very much of the WBA game earlier in the season . He sat and watched us lose control that day and waited for them to equalise before making changes and we just about hung on for the draw having thrown away the initiative

There should have been a very definite plan after 60/65 mins . Brentford rode out that 20 min spell at the start of the second half and then made changes to exploit tired legs . Their manager won the game ours lost it

This will only be a factor for 3 or 4 games and then the players should be fit enough but next 2 or 3 games , he needs a plan for the last 30 mins.

Mickeyboro

Quote from: bahay18 on June 20, 2020, 05:23:36 PM
There should have been a very definite plan after 60/65 mins . Brentford rode out that 20 min spell at the start of the second half and then made changes to exploit tired legs . Their manager won the game ours lost it

The game is now a 16-player one. Parker has never shown any nous with three subs, why do we expect him to with five?

Still according to his press conference we have nothing to worry about...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Arthur

I think we played ok today and another day we would have won...

BUT

The manager cost us the game today .

Unless by 'another day', you actually mean 'with a different manager', isn't this a contradiction?

What I most want to say, however, is that, having had the better of the opening 20 minutes of the second half, if Parker had brought on a few substitutes at that point and we'd lost, the complaint would be he disrupted the team at a time in the game when we were on top.