watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not sure why Arter

Started by H4usuallysitting, June 20, 2020, 03:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

replaced Reed, wouldn't StefJo be the better choice (Brentford kept going down their right).... Not sure why kamara not in squad....Cav instead of Kebano to start....if our starting 11 was our strongest team, play offs here we come

clarkey

For some reason Parker never plays StefJo properly or brings him on at the right time. He was exactly who we needed for last 25 mins of extra effort and pace.

Arter was off the pace, took it away and left holes in the defence. And as for Bryan a shocking performance.

This was pretty much ads poor as it can get.I'd like us to get  Eddie Howe in asap.Save Bournmouth sacking him.

Such a shame as that is the end of the automatic place hunt for us. Now we have play off defeat ignominy to look forward to.

Southdowns White

I don't think we should use him again, looks a liability whenever he comes on.

os5889 mkII

I don't think the change was tactical; it appeared to be an injury. Still begs the question of why we brought on Arter over KMac or Johansen, but then again, we love a bit of nepotism at Fulham.
@OsmithFFC

Arthur

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on June 20, 2020, 03:25:02 PM
replaced Reed, wouldn't StefJo be the better choice...

I'm not saying that you're wrong, but from what I see on here, when we lose, ANY substitution is open to criticism. If Parker had done what you say and Brentford had won, I guarantee there'd be someone else asking why he replaced a defensive midfielder with an attacking one and suggesting that Arter or KMac were the more obvious choices.

alfie

Quote from: Arthur on June 20, 2020, 04:18:07 PM

I'm not saying that you're wrong, but from what I see on here, when we lose, ANY substitution is open to criticism. If Parker had done what you say and Brentford had won, I guarantee there'd be someone else asking why he replaced a defensive midfielder with an attacking one and suggesting that Arter or KMac were the more obvious choices.
:plus one:
As no one has a crystal ball it's difficult to know how a player will perform until they are on the pitch,.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Sinjun

No idea why Scott Parkers brother in law came on. 😊

Arthur

Quote from: Sinjun on June 20, 2020, 04:33:12 PM

Really?

For me to believe this, I'd have to assume that you have no idea what positions Reed and Arter play.

H4usuallysitting

It's nothing to do with crystal balls.... Brentford kept attacking down their right.... StefJo naturally play's more to our left.... that's my only reason for my statement..... I'm also thinking StefJo is a better player than Arter, but that's only my opinion

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Sinjun on June 20, 2020, 04:33:12 PM

I have no idea why the Chairmans son was appointed Director of Football.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobby01

I have no idea why Arter was standing with his arm in the air while they had 4 runners, or how he managed to get booked again
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

FFC1987

Quote from: alfie on June 20, 2020, 04:26:29 PM

:plus one:
As no one has a crystal ball it's difficult to know how a player will perform until they are on the pitch,.

I recall a match not logn before the break where Parker subs were applauded for the timing and positive impact it has on the game. This game obviously turned, I called it late into first half when I saw energy levels diminish that we'd lose. But Parker has 5 subs to turn the tide of exhaustion and create stability/positively influence the team but its very clear with hindsight, he failed. He's failed with subs more than succeeded in my opinion and its one of the reasons I think Parker is just a poor manager.

Arthur

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 20, 2020, 07:09:17 PM
This game obviously turned, I called it late into first half when I saw energy levels diminish that we'd lose. But Parker has 5 subs to turn the tide of exhaustion and create stability/positively influence the team but its very clear with hindsight, he failed.

Is it clear? Whenever we lose in the way we did today, there always seems to be an assumption on here that defeat could have been avoided if we had made a different set of substitutions. It's perfectly possible that, however many substitutions Parker had made, at whatever times in the game, we would still have lost.

FFC1987

Quote from: Arthur on June 20, 2020, 07:35:49 PM
This game obviously turned, I called it late into first half when I saw energy levels diminish that we'd lose. But Parker has 5 subs to turn the tide of exhaustion and create stability/positively influence the team but its very clear with hindsight, he failed.

Is it clear? Whenever we lose in the way we did today, there always seems to be an assumption on here that defeat could have been avoided if we had made a different set of substitutions. It's perfectly possible that, however many substitutions Parker had made, at whatever times in the game, we would still have lost.

That could well be the case but its my personal view that this loss was avoidable.

Motspur Park

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 20, 2020, 09:24:02 PM
Quote from: Arthur on June 20, 2020, 07:35:49 PM

That could well be the case but its my personal view that this loss was avoidable.

It was also avoidable had we taken any of our better chances.

Skatzoffc

I think what's more pertinent is their subs definitely changed the game in their favour.

We are always reactionary to the opposing teams subs. Or we make subs in reaction to going a goal behind.

Sorry, but for me that is a failing.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Milo

Arter had one great, debut game when he emulated what Reed did today.

Think if Reed can continue that form into (even the next few..) future games then he will have earned a permanent contract and that DM role next year.

I think Parker is the one under scrutiny for his place next season.. and I'd personally replace him.

FPT

This is a fair assumption. I had no problem with the sub at the time.

RaySmith

Arter is a good player, and has a good attitude, don't understand the animosity.

Motspur Park

Quote from: RaySmith on June 21, 2020, 04:57:45 AM
Arter is a good player, and has a good attitude, don't understand the animosity.

It's a case of the usual backbiting when the manager has before worked with or is related to a player. Always follows accusations of favouritism or nepotism. Arter is a decent enough player but at times he is a liability with his actions.