watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Still 3rd...7 points to second.

Started by AnOldBrownie, June 20, 2020, 04:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Wasted opportunity by West Brom as well.

8 games, 7 points...

On to the next game.

SP

I think it's going to be tight &, as always for us, stressful.  The Bees won their cup final yesterday but need to follow it up with another 3 points next week. Game on & enjoy the ride!

ByTheRiver

We've been saying this all season though, haven't we? The league is poor this year which is the only reason we are anywhere close.

Compare and contrast to the promotion season when we went 23 unbeaten and still couldn't catch Cardiff or get anywhere near Wolves. If this season was a similar standard we'd be 15-20 points off autos.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: ByTheRiver on June 21, 2020, 10:10:53 AM
We've been saying this all season though, haven't we? The league is poor this year which is the only reason we are anywhere close.

Compare and contrast to the promotion season when we went 23 unbeaten and still couldn't catch Cardiff or get anywhere near Wolves. If this season was a similar standard we'd be 15-20 points off autos.

Extremely weak league this year. Such a wasted opportunity, but these players have underperformed (besides Mitro and a couple more) all season. If we had taken even half the points from Barnsley and Charlton we would be right up there, and that is before mentioning the countless other wasted opportunities. Under Jokanovic I am certain that we would have run away with this league by an embarrassing margin.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on June 21, 2020, 10:31:25 AM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on June 21, 2020, 10:10:53 AM

Extremely weak league this year. Such a wasted opportunity, but these players have underperformed (besides Mitro and a couple more) all season. If we had taken even half the points from Barnsley and Charlton we would be right up there, and that is before mentioning the countless other wasted opportunities. Under Jokanovic I am certain that we would have run away with this league by an embarrassing margin.

Couldn't agree more.

Fulham1959

Quote from: SP on June 21, 2020, 10:01:13 AM
I think it's going to be tight &, as always for us, stressful.  The Bees won their cup final yesterday but need to follow it up with another 3 points next week. Game on & enjoy the ride!

How dare you be so positive ?  Negativity rules on this forum.

H4usuallysitting

Can someone please put a poll up....if they think we're going to get instant promotion....pretty please

Whitestone

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on June 21, 2020, 10:50:23 AM
Can someone please put a poll up....if they think we're going to get instant promotion....pretty please

I think it would be a resounding no if you're talking top two. We can definitely win the play offs though. Not saying we will but wouldn't it be nice to beat Brentford in the final. And yes I think we would in a one off game of that magnitude. Just like they have a hold over us at the Cottage  they are serial bottlers in the play offs. There'll be twists and turns as always.

FFC1987

A decent manager gets this team over the line. I don't think we'd 'walk it' but we'd be i'd say 8 points better off.

Sting of the North

What's the evidence of the Championship being so weak this season? Because I feel it's the opposite. Year on year the teams are getting better, especially the teams in the weaker half. But that's just my opinion.

SP

Jeroen

This isn't over yet, but with the opportunities that we didn't take and with the current squad I think we are underperforming (sorry)

Too many times have Leeds and WB slipped up and we didn't take advantage. Win the remaining 8 games and we go up, but can we do that.....

filham

Away to Leeds next week, we can then forget all about automatic promotion and join the scramble for a play off place where we will probably have to overcome Brentford at some stage. The odds for promotion are getting worse.