more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pressure

Started by Peabody, June 20, 2020, 11:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

We lost, to the better team.

However, IMO, we cannot handle the pressure, we are doing a Leeds. Time and again, this season, we have failed to capitalise on situations which would enhance our position. We enter the games, like against Hull, Barnsley etc and do not perforn to the best of our ability. But we are still third until next Saturday.

I refuse to listen to Scott Parker must go posts, because there is nothing we can do on whether he comes or he goes. So, I just carry on supporting Fulham and hope and pray that we can bring something home from Elland Road next Saturday. Come on boys, we can do this.

bog

Hello Peabody, I agree. I had to put up with only the highlights on Quest. A great pity that Mitro's close range header at 0-0 was saved. A goal then may have seen an improvement. 

092.gif   

bigalffc

Absolutely correct, we were in with a chance until our players began to tire. We should have had the sams amount of time to prepare as Brentford did so no excuses. Hopefully get a fitter squad for next Saturday and do Leeds. COYW
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Mince n Tatties

Leeds and WBA we're expected to win this weekend as well....It ain't over yet...24 points to play for.Coyw

ScalleysDad

The save by the keeper was actually very good but it was a shame we don't have a poacher in the box backing Mitro up. Scalley watched the whole game and I watched the Quest coverage but we both agreed we tired alarmingly quickly. Did we have any 'friendlies'? Parker gets the expected post match roasting but how many of us at any point last week had Mawson  and AK starting or had hoped Kongolo would be around by now. Onaware remains a mystery. Is he injured? Any combination of the above would have made the first team and the bench stronger but it does show that we might not have the strength in depth we would like to think we have. Kmacs football brain, Stefjos tenacity and Arters occasional worldie need to be in one pair of boots. Individually none of them could have come on and dealt with the pacey Brentford attacks yesterday and as Cairney tired and Reed hobbled off we really needed that depth the absentees might have offered. Leeds and West Brom have not capitalised but the chasing pack is now a lot tighter.
Sorry no stats, graphs or links with this train of thought.

filham

Quote from: ScalleysDad on June 21, 2020, 04:31:10 PM
The save by the keeper was actually very good but it was a shame we don't have a poacher in the box backing Mitro up. Scalley watched the whole game and I watched the Quest coverage but we both agreed we tired alarmingly quickly. Did we have any 'friendlies'? Parker gets the expected post match roasting but how many of us at any point last week had Mawson  and AK starting or had hoped Kongolo would be around by now. Onaware remains a mystery. Is he injured? Any combination of the above would have made the first team and the bench stronger but it does show that we might not have the strength in depth we would like to think we have. Kmacs football brain, Stefjos tenacity and Arters occasional worldie need to be in one pair of boots. Individually none of them could have come on and dealt with the pacey Brentford attacks yesterday and as Cairney tired and Reed hobbled off we really needed that depth the absentees might have offered. Leeds and West Brom have not capitalised but the chasing pack is now a lot tighter.
It has been obvious all season that we have lacked a poacher. Parker has put his faith in Reid, and a lot on this board are giving good reports of him, but I think he really is failing to make the best of his chances.  We had an expectation of at least 15 goals a season from him and he has not lacked chances .

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: filham on June 21, 2020, 05:25:54 PM
It has been obvious all season that we have lacked a poacher. Parker has put his faith in Reid, and a lot on this board are giving good reports of him, but I think he really is failing to make the best of his chances. We had an expectation of at least 15 goals a season from him and he has not lacked chances .

I'm still waiting for confirmation that Reid and Knockhaert can play well in an offense designed for the wingers to chuck balls into Mitro.   

Fulham have a week to figure it out, because Leeds will mark Mitro out of the game.   Scoring will need to come from someone else next game.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: filham on June 21, 2020, 05:25:54 PM
It has been obvious all season that we have lacked a poacher. Parker has put his faith in Reid, and a lot on this board are giving good reports of him, but I think he really is failing to make the best of his chances.  We had an expectation of at least 15 goals a season from him and he has not lacked chances .

So would the answer be a straight 4.4.2 even at the expense of a couple of the 'big names'.
As above no stats, graphs or links just another thought.

Fernhurst

Why was this post not entitled "Just got Back" - miss that familiar banner.

Knew there would a plethora of "Scott out" posts so have steered clear of the MB until I saw your post Mr P.
Lovely to read some sense, we got beat by a marginally better team but with a rub of the green the result could have swung our way.
One point from a possible Nine for the top three teams. All is not lost but a win at Leeds would be just fantastic.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.