Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

Might as well try something different         

Rodak

Christie  Hector  Ream Bryan

Knockhart  Cairny  Johansen  Cav

BDR

Mitro

Odoi could cover any member of defence as sub. The usual suspects for the rest of subs. Maybe a quick young forward from the reserves?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Whitestone

Kamara and Cavaleiro for Knocky and Kebano. Harrison Reed was superb yesterday. Definitely no place for Johansen as a starter.

Wingnut

I'd think about replacing Bryan with Odoi. Hard to know what to expect from Leeds after today. They've a fantastic run in, on paper.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

@jolslover

Same team with Cavaleiro in for Kebano - lets hope Kamara is fit for bench as well
STH H3

The Rational Fan

We often debate the starting XI for this team, Knockaert and Kebano started well but Parker didn't pull them off early enough. Kebano slowed down throughout the game, and wasn't pulled off. With 5 subs, we should be playing four wingers per game at least 30 minutes each.

1st Half
                Rodak
Odoi    Hector  Ream  Bryan
                  Reed
Knockart   Stefjo  Cairney Reid
                  Mitro

2nd Half (if drawn or behind)
               Rodak
Christie  Hector  Ream  Bryan
                  Arter
Cav     Reid   Cairney  Kebano
                  Mitro

2nd Half (if ahead)
                Rodak
Christie Hector   Ream  Odoi
                  Reed
Cav     Arter    Cairney  Bryan
                  Mitro

Facts Not Fiction

Rodak

Christie Odoi Hector Ream Bryan

Reid Reed Cairney

Mitrovic Cavaleiro

Woolly Mammoth

That is well thought out Rational Fan, and I can see where you are coming from, I know it's only on paper but nevertheless it signifies how we can counter Leeds in their own patch, and to do that, every one of those players must win their own battles, because it is no game for faint hearts.
To have played Brentford May end up being a blessing in disguise, not the result against them, but the intensity of the opening game which pushed Fulham to the limits, with tired legs all over the field, and we have a week to recover and condition and see where and why we lost, and hopefully use that defeat as a strength to turn Leeds over on their own patch, and the way to do that is to sow seeds of doubt in their minds by starving them of the ball and making them feel as thow they are playing in a far away place and not at home. Those players you have chosen to start the game and the players you have named to freshen the game up in the second half to raise us a gear is a good thought, and to carry this out to perfection Fulham players have to have the confidence to believe in themselves and each other. In many ways I am glad it's away because it will keep our players alert and will keep their attention far more than at the cottage.

But I can also see into Facts Not Fictions line up and that is also a good thought as there is more than one way to skin a cat, and we do need to start surprising the opponents and not be quite so predictable, so facts not fiction is looking to be the Hunter not the hunted, then again you could both end up being right.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

St Eve

Quote from: Whitestone on June 21, 2020, 08:23:53 PM
Kamara and Cavaleiro for Knocky and Kebano. Harrison Reed was superb yesterday. Definitely no place for Johansen as a starter.
totally agree. One change. No Christie

Ordar

Parker will select a nonsensical team which people will rightly complain about.

The team should be (assuming fit, and i have not OFFICIALLY heard anyone isnt fit)

Rodak
Christie Hector Mawson Bryan
Reed
Johansen Cairney Onomah
Kamara Mitro

If Kamara isnt fit, put D-Reid up with Mitro.

The formation we've been playing doesnt work, so change it

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 22, 2020, 12:41:41 AM
That is well thought out Rational Fan, and I can see where you are coming from, I know it's only on paper but nevertheless it signifies how we can counter Leeds in their own patch, and to do that, every one of those players must win their own battles, because it is no game for faint hearts.
To have played Brentford May end up being a blessing in disguise, not the result against them, but the intensity of the opening game which pushed Fulham to the limits, with tired legs all over the field, and we have a week to recover and condition and see where and why we lost, and hopefully use that defeat as a strength to turn Leeds over on their own patch, and the way to do that is to sow seeds of doubt in their minds by starving them of the ball and making them feel as thow they are playing in a far away place and not at home. Those players you have chosen to start the game and the players you have named to freshen the game up in the second half to raise us a gear is a good thought, and to carry this out to perfection Fulham players have to have the confidence to believe in themselves and each other. In many ways I am glad it's away because it will keep our players alert and will keep their attention far more than at the cottage.

But I can also see into Facts Not Fictions line up and that is also a good thought as there is more than one way to skin a cat, and we do need to start surprising the opponents and not be quite so predictable, so facts not fiction is looking to be the Hunter not the hunted, then again you could both end up being right.

Thanks for your comments, I think you are right the run-in could be a blessing in disguise tough games are great preparation for playoffs. Parker's team is much too predictable as most of our attacking players have two ways of producing goals "assist Mitro" or "shot from range". You are also correct that good players and/or tactics aren't going to win the game unless the player's mental state is right and they fight to win (without fighting and getting sent off like Arter looks like he might do at any second).

thecaptain

Young Stansfield deserves to be on the bench.
Scoring goals for fun and we have few options up top

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: thecaptain on June 22, 2020, 07:43:18 AM
Young Stansfield deserves to be on the bench.
Scoring goals for fun and we have few options up top

Most definitely

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 22, 2020, 05:44:03 AM

Thanks for your comments, I think you are right the run-in could be a blessing in disguise tough games are great preparation for playoffs. Parker's team is much too predictable as most of our attacking players have two ways of producing goals "assist Mitro" or "shot from range". You are also correct that good players and/or tactics aren't going to win the game unless the player's mental state is right and they fight to win (without fighting and getting sent off like Arter looks like he might do at any second).

Precisely and Arter is a constant worry, yes he competes well and is busy, but there is something in his make up that causes him to want to give referees a decision to make whether it's a needless foul or too much backchat.
Although we may need his better side and services at Leeds to add traffic in midfield to defend a lead.
As you say we have to ditch the predictability to make the opponents worry about us more than us worrying about them.

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamStu

I would consider Macdonald in the holding MF with Reid in front of him.  I like the idea of playing D-Reed up top with Mitro, he will naturally drop back when we are out of possession and give us an extra MF player.
Arter May need a game to get up to speed but not sure Leeds away is the right game for that.

——————Rodak—————
Christie—Hector—Ream—Bryan
—————-McDonald—————
——Cairney—Reid——Knockaert
————Mitro—-D-Reed———

Sting of the North

Quote from: FulhamStu on June 22, 2020, 08:07:26 AM
I would consider Macdonald in the holding MF with Reid in front of him.  I like the idea of playing D-Reed up top with Mitro, he will naturally drop back when we are out of possession and give us an extra MF player.
Arter May need a game to get up to speed but not sure Leeds away is the right game for that.

——————Rodak—————
Christie—Hector—Ream—Bryan
—————-McDonald—————
——Cairney—Reid——Knockaert
————Mitro—-D-Reed———

Sorry if this sounds pedantic, and I usually try to avoid correcting people on spelling. However, with the Reed/Reid situation it is Harrison REED and Bobby D-REID. I'm juts pointing it out since I've seen several posts now from you with these names the wrong way around, and since we are talking about two players in midfield it gets confusing. Again, sorry if I sound like a douche. 

Southdowns White

I certainly wouldn't have Arter on the pitch at any time, for a player of his former calibre, I find he looks lost and forever giving away free kicks, he nearly always seems slightly out of position leaving opposition players space  to run into.

Statto

Rodak
Odoi - Hector - Ream - Bryan
Reed - Cairney
Reid
AK47/Cavaleiro - Mitrovic - Knockaert

Triple substitution on 75 mins whatever the score

Facts Not Fiction

Cairney was effectively in a 2 man midfield on Saturday, and it didn't work. If anything, I'd play Reid deeper, and Cairney supporting Mitrovic.

He is far too important to how we play. When he has a poor game, the whole team tends to.

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 22, 2020, 08:04:07 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 22, 2020, 05:44:03 AM

Precisely and Arter is a constant worry, yes he competes well and is busy, but there is something in his make up that causes him to want to give referees a decision to make whether it's a needless foul or too much backchat.
Although we may need his better side and services at Leeds to add traffic in midfield to defend a lead.
As you say we have to ditch the predictability to make the opponents worry about us more than us worrying about them.
Must also consider that Stefjo is also prone to give away silly freekicks, and likely to get a booking.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Maidstone Lee

——————Rodak—————
Christie—Hector—Ream—Odoi
————H Reed————
—B Reid————Cairney—
—Kamara—Mitro—Cavaleiro—

No place for Knockhaert, Bryan or Kebano.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19