watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

With Mitro out for 3 - 5 matches

Started by rebel, June 29, 2020, 08:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Parker has to think differently which may benefit Fulham if he makes the right team selections. As finding Mitro isn't an option. The goalscorers in the team need to step up.

I don't think Mitro should be a automatic return, if we are winning matches without him.

Bill2

Would be very surprised if it was 5 games more likely to be 3.
Nothing on the news as yet so looks like he will be OK for QPR but if banned will be out for Birmingham, Nottingham and Cardiff. Two of which are at home. Perhaps use the time for extra training as everyone seems to think he has put a few pounds on.
As for winning matches without him, where are the goals going to come from?

70sPimlico

We've talked a lot on here about Plan B, and the lack of one during games.

I have always thought to really change our play, the one change should be Mitro, yet, despite games where we are having no joy, Mitro being completely nullified, being completely contained as a team and Mitro looking exhausted, he never gets swapped.

We have the ability to become a quick moving, quick passing team with interchangeable options in our front 6, that has the potential to be really exciting. Actually, its the sort of team opposition expect when they see our squad.

I think the way Parker plays with Mitro at present, we will fall short of/in the play offs, so a few games without Mitro should be seen as quite exciting.

Of course, whether it will be is down to the coach and players but I bet you a few of them (Knock, Cav, DR) will be thinking this is their chance to play in a system that suits them.

The Rational Fan

A journalist is saying because he committed the exact same offense before, his ban may extend into the playoffs. A three-match ban may be helpful to Fulham, but an eight-match ban will mean he misses one playoff game.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 29, 2020, 10:00:04 AM
A telegraph journalist is saying because he committed the exact same offence before, his ban may extend into the playoffs.

That sounds incredibly hard, and I would guess unprecedented.

rebel

Quote from: 70sPimlico on June 29, 2020, 09:58:00 AM

I have always thought to really change our play, the one change should be Mitro, yet, despite games where we are having no joy, Mitro being completely nullified, being completely contained as a team and Mitro looking exhausted, he never gets swapped.

We have the ability to become a quick moving, quick passing team with interchangeable options in our front 6, that has the potential to be really exciting. Actually, its the sort of team opposition expect when they see our squad.

I think the way Parker plays with Mitro at present, we will fall short of/in the play offs, so a few games without Mitro should be seen as quite exciting.

Of course, whether it will be is down to the coach and players but I bet you a few of them (Knock, Cav, DR) will be thinking this is their chance to play in a system that suits them.

Excellent post, opposition teams know exactly what to expect from us, we are so predictable. 

rebel

A journalist is saying because he committed the exact same offense before, his ban may extend into the playoffs. A three-match ban may be helpful to Fulham, but an eight-match ban will mean he misses one playoff game.

He does get away with a lot. His reputation helps him get away with stuff. He did something similar in the early part of the season, he got away with it. 

Bill2

Quote from: rebel on June 29, 2020, 10:24:45 AM

He does get away with a lot. His reputation helps him get away with stuff. He did something similar in the early part of the season, he got away with it. 

That was 3 years ago. It would be incredibly harsh to drag up an incident from that long ago. It wouldn't happen to a Liverpool or Man  City player. In fact can anyone think of a player who has punishment increased due to a incident 3 years previously?

rebel

Quote from: Bill2 on June 29, 2020, 12:45:52 PM

That was 3 years ago. It would be incredibly harsh to drag up an incident from that long ago. It wouldn't happen to a Liverpool or Man  City player. In fact can anyone think of a player who has punishment increased due to a incident 3 years previously?

I'm sure there was an incident earlier this season.

Bill2

Quote from: rebel on June 29, 2020, 02:29:16 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on June 29, 2020, 12:45:52 PM

I'm sure there was an incident earlier this season.
No red cards about 6 yellow. He might have got a ban for 5 yellows.
Also why he is no Saint he gets his fair share of rough house treatment from the opposition. Saturday was no exception.

ByTheRiver

Do we know when this is likely to be announced if so? I thought we would have heard today (by now).

I can't see how they can use something from 3 years ago and bring that into the equation, seems unfair in the extreme. 3 games, slapped wrist, should have been a red, fair enough we all move on.

AnOldBrownie

Agree with this post.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

The Rational Fan

Fulham can either continue another season with the same squad or sell Mitrovic to reinforce defense. Playing a few games without Mitrovic will prove whether play better without Mitrovic next season. I think the club will want the money for reinforcements rather than keep the existing squad.

Asotosyios

I wouldn't hold my breath. If Kamara is not available, I expect to see Bobby Reid up front with the tactics remaining the same.