watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not Looking good.....

Started by South Coast White, July 01, 2020, 07:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

For Eddie Howe, Bournmouth getting thrashed at home.

Twig

Not looking good but whether it's home or away seems irrelevant now.

SP

They've lasted longer in the top flight than I expected.

Statto

Why on earth do some people want Howe at Fulham?

They are absolutely crap at the moment. 1 point in 7 games. Felix Magath territory.

sunburywhite

Shame is that it will let one of WH or Villa off the hook which is even worse
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on July 01, 2020, 08:00:12 PM

They are absolutely crap at the moment. 1 point in 7 games. Felix Magath territory.
because he worked wonders with a tiny budget and tried to play good football.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Arthur

I imagine they're looking at what he's achieved with modest means a little further back than just the past seven matches.

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on July 01, 2020, 09:07:18 PM

In the interest of fairness, didn't Bournmouth massively overspend to get up? I recall FFP suggesting if they were ever to go down, they would likely look at the case.

Asotosyios

I am not saying that I want or don't want Howe at Fulham, but why should he leave Bournemouth even if they get relegated?

He took them from League 2 to the Premier League playing good football, he kept them there a few years and things have not worked out this year. Does this have to be the end?

Statto

Quote from: Arthur on July 01, 2020, 09:07:49 PM

I imagine they're looking at what he's achieved with modest means a little further back than just the past seven matches.

It's taken 32 poor games, not just 7, to put them where they are now.

How relevant is past success with "modest means", much of it achieved in the lower leagues, to a club with a multibillionaire chairman and aspirations to become a competitive PL team?

At the top level he's had what, five years and about £200m, and he's built this.

Bill2

Has a good eye for talent and plays nice football.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 01, 2020, 09:24:10 PM

In the interest of fairness, didn't Bournmouth massively overspend to get up? I recall FFP suggesting if they were ever to go down, they would likely look at the case.
also in the interest of fairness, we did get done for ffp and nearly got relegated with the players that we bought whilst doing it. He picked and promoted a team and kept them up for years
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Bassey the warrior

He's done wonders over the years and I'd love him here. Granted Bournemouth have been woeful this year, but thst doesn't undo the work he did before.

The Rational Fan

Eddie Howe has been very lucky with injuries the past five seasons before this one. And, now he got a regular number of injuries during the season (Nathan Aké, Steve Cook, Lewis Cook, David Brooks, and Joshua King) he goes down. Bournemouth's had some injuries in their games against Sheffield United, West Ham, Burnley, Brighton, Norwich, and Watford. Injuries make so much of the difference.

Wolves and Sheffield United have been lucky (or well managed) with injuries the past two seasons. If we go up and are lucky with injuries, I think we can stay up too. Once backup players in the price range of MLM and Odoi have to play too regularly in the premier league relegation is always likely.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Statto on July 01, 2020, 10:27:56 PM

How relevant is past success with "modest means", much of it achieved in the lower leagues, to a club with a multibillionaire chairman and aspirations to become a competitive PL team?

At the top level he's had what, five years and about £200m, and he's built this.

well we spent £100m and lasted a season so "on paper" he'd get us a "better" team for far less money?

Statto

Quote from: whitejc on July 03, 2020, 10:08:01 AM

well we spent £100m and lasted a season so "on paper" he'd get us a "better" team for far less money?

That's one way of looking at it. Another way would be to say he's had far more time and spent twice as much money, and yet his team are only on course to get 6 more points than we got last season.

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on July 01, 2020, 11:12:56 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 01, 2020, 09:24:10 PM

also in the interest of fairness, we did get done for ffp and nearly got relegated with the players that we bought whilst doing it. He picked and promoted a team and kept them up for years

I'm a fan of his. But as I said, Bournmouth might still get done on FFP if they go down but I think it's unlikely considering how long ago it was. BUT they did invest heavily to get where they are (promoted basically) so I don't think it was a complete surprise.

St Eve

I hope he keeps them up. A good honest manager

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on July 03, 2020, 11:01:11 AM
Quote from: whitejc on July 03, 2020, 10:08:01 AM

That's one way of looking at it. Another way would be to say he's had far more time and spent twice as much money, and yet his team are only on course to get 6 more points than we got last season.

It seems people think spend £100m in one season is more than £40m for five seasons straight.

Statto

Another 5 goals conceded today, with a third of the game still to play

Could be heading for a cricket score