watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

For what is worth,

Started by Peabody, July 03, 2020, 10:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitestone

Promotion and everything that goes with it for me please. Despite the nightmare of last season which is fresh in my memory we can't get back to the Prem soon enough in my mind. From there who knows what we could achieve. Top half finishes and a European football have been done so before so why not again. It doesn't have to be all doom and gloom. The club is undoubtedly ambitious so it surprises me that some some supporters aren't, but that's life I guess and I respect the opinion of those that would rather watch Championship football but to me that seems odd.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 04, 2020, 09:52:05 AM
I can understand why supporters enjoy the Championship for the reasons stated, and in a funny old way so do I.
Nonetheless, our current position means we have a fighting chance of making it to the Premier Division, and we have to fight tooth and nail to achieve that, and the rewards and glory that runs in conjunction with promotion to the top flight.
The alternatives for failing on this occasion and the repercussions could be dire. On the rebound of not making it after all the proper gander of having a good enough squad which is arguably incorrect.
The other side of the coin is that we lose a lot of key players, and with less financial clout, it could be a long hard road in the Championship, and I repeat it could not would.
So it is paramount that we really give our best shot in every sense, because whether you agree or disagree, Success has many Fathers, whereas Failure is an Orphan, and the domino effect of failing can really have dire consequences.

Failure to win this afternoon and a lot of us will feel like orphans and Peabody will become our stepfather at risk of being knocked over as we all rush to join his " Stay in the championship club"

Carborundum

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on July 04, 2020, 08:48:52 AM
for the most part it is a long grind full of dull and unimaginative football, playing against brawn rather than brain and players like Jordan Hugill.
Since he announced himself at the Cottage playing for Preston, I can't recall a player more likely to generate a reaction than Jordan Hugill.  Some view him as a loathsome dastardly brute.  Personally I rather like him, largely because he's a dastardly brute.  But it's not really fair to say he hasn't got a brain.  Knowing precisely who to stand next to in the first two minutes of a game takes some intelligence.

To the point of the thread.  I want Fulham to win every game, so I want them promoted.  Buts it's all about the journey, not the destination and the Championship provides great football and fun.  Much better live than on a screen, but that's always the case.