watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Ryan Sessegnon

Started by bog, July 07, 2020, 09:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I cannot believe the negativity about Ryan. Aged 16 he was scoring regularly, he should have been given the chance to become the youngest scorer of a hattrick in Europe at Newcastle but a penalty  was given to Ream and this ended up in the car park...at Sunderland. In our promotion year he was outstanding, v Derby in the play offs he scored one and then made the winner. Then at Wembley he set up the winner with a sublime pass to Tom. His attitude was exemplary while with us, I recall the time he took his kit home to wash and iron it. The hopeless Ranieri started to undermine him in a poor team and now he has Maurino at him. Slav knew how to get the best out of him. Everyone has the right to their opinion but I would never talk negatively of Ryan. I would welcome both Slav and Ryan back. 

092.gif 

sunburywhite

He has always seemed like a very nicely bought up lad, his parents seem to have done a very good job. As you say he acted with the upmost professionalism while he played for us

I do think however, he lacks a nasty streak. I cant see him arguing with any manager (not just Mourinho). Sometimes you need to throw toys out of your pram and I am not sure he is like that

I used to have a mate who was a very good sprinter, I saw him run under 10.5 at Crystal Palace but he was too damn nice to make it to the top
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

Wish he was still at Fulham playing in a forward role. Oh how we could do with some of his goals right now.

Someone should let him know his reputation at Fulham remains untarnished and the fans would love to have him back.

Fernhurst

Someone should let him know his reputation at Fulham remains untarnished and the fans would love to have him back.

0001.jpeg
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Sgt Fulham

I would say that most rational people realise this and hold him in good regard. Just a few delusional people angry at the guy for not rejecting a massively lucrative promotion out of sheer loyalty and devotion to Fulham. Those people need to move out of their fantasy land and exist in the real world!

ALG01

like loads of youngsters... badly advised to move to spurs.
Wrong time wrong team IMO
He could have done with one possible two more seasons with us or if going to a Prem side then at least one with a bit lower profile like when ray houghton went to oxford, that sort of thing.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: ALG01 on July 07, 2020, 12:53:14 PM
like loads of youngsters... badly advised to move to spurs.
Wrong time wrong team IMO
He could have done with one possible two more seasons with us or if going to a Prem side then at least one with a bit lower profile like when ray houghton went to oxford, that sort of thing.

He was unlucky Mourinho came in, he would have had more game time under Pochettino.

bog

Footballers are not robots. I have just read a book called 'The Next Big Thing' about gifted young footballers who have just faded away. I agree about Ryan seeming to be a quiet lad, I hope he does not lose his way through some poser manager's nonsense bad mouthing. Good luck Ryan. :54:

092.gif

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 07, 2020, 09:51:47 AM

0001.jpeg

:plus one: