Started by South Coast White, July 10, 2020, 10:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Quote from: Statto on July 11, 2020, 12:13:25 AM
Quote from: KJS on July 10, 2020, 10:35:51 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on July 10, 2020, 10:35:09 PM
Just like Ollie Norwood but we let hi go
We didn't let him go Brighton refused to sell him🙄🙄🙄
They sold him to Sheffield United. I'm sure they'd have sold him to us if we'd made a decent offer.
I wasn't that fussed about Norwood not being signed up again. He was a good depth player under Slav, but there was a need for upgrades in the Prem imo. Reed is one of the first names on the team sheet however.

Also, Dan Burn has performed better than Targett at LB this season, just food for thought.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tabby on July 11, 2020, 12:14:31 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 11, 2020, 12:06:22 AM

it does indeed, but it's also strange that they signed him on a 6 year deal just before they loaned him out. Granted it could be to raise a fee but that's one hell of a contract. But again it seems strange that a prem player would lock himself into such a long contract for only 12 grand a week.

The only source showing a 6 year contract I could find says it is running out in 2022, so I think you may have misread it.
thanks, I believe I might have which would be fantastic news as he would be a lot cheaper
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tabby on July 11, 2020, 12:19:43 AM
Quote from: Statto on July 11, 2020, 12:13:25 AM
Quote from: KJS on July 10, 2020, 10:35:51 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on July 10, 2020, 10:35:09 PM
Just like Ollie Norwood but we let hi go
We didn't let him go Brighton refused to sell him🙄🙄🙄
They sold him to Sheffield United. I'm sure they'd have sold him to us if we'd made a decent offer.
I wasn't that fussed about Norwood not being signed up again. He was a good depth player under Slav, but there was a need for upgrades in the Prem imo. Reed is one of the first names on the team sheet however.

Also, Dan Burn has performed better than Targett at LB this season, just food for thought.
yep, Norwood was a bench player who did a job when called upon. Zamboanga is a massive upgrade on him who sadly took to long to settle.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

RoyTund

I suspect if we said there is an option there must be one. Surprised we signed Knockaert before Harrison R. Given our outlay you have to wonder a little about FFP if we don't go up. Maybe we got more from sess than spurs told everyone. 

hongkongfulham

Its possible that the permanent deal is contingent on us going up as Reed doesn't want to drop down a league next year, as he is clearly ready for a crack at the top flight?

Would make sense why we haven't done it already and also why he is busting a gut every game to try get us there as he knows he will be central to parkers plans. I do admit, I am salivating at him and an improved Zambo in there together...

The Rational Fan

Quote from: fulhamben on July 10, 2020, 11:20:20 PM
Quote from: FulhamKC on July 10, 2020, 11:16:40 PM
The situation has "Matt Targett" written all over it!
sadly it does.

Six more games like the last three and they will be asking more than £25m. I doubt we will get him and Southampton could use him in their first XI. 

ScalleysDad

I was reading in the Saturday stuff that it's possible we will not be able to afford him after just spending 10 million on Knochkaert. Damn it if true but I suspect he will off back to St Mary's in the summer whatever happens.

Statto

Quote from: Tabby on July 11, 2020, 12:02:53 AM
But it would be strange to add "could be made permanent" if there is no clause.

Agreed. Plus, we've seen from the other loan deals this year TK using complex clauses to ensure we've the ability to make them permanent and avoid a 'Targett situation'. Personally I reckon the clause is there but at a level we'll only be able to afford if we go up, eg £10m.

Twig

Quote from: ScalleysDad on July 11, 2020, 10:22:00 AM
I was reading in the Saturday stuff that it's possible we will not be able to afford him after just spending 10 million on Knochkaert. Damn it if true but I suspect he will off back to St Mary's in the summer whatever happens.

If it's any consolation we haven't just spent £10m on Knock, we've spent the balance. As I understand it a large part of the fee was already accounted for.

Fernhurst

My only concern, as his performances have been outstanding, is his long term fitness. Did anyone else notice
at the conclusion of the match he appeared to be feeling a hammy issue.
Maybe this is something both clubs are aware of.
You can be absolutely sure there is NO agreement to buy clause, the SOUTHAMPTON statement would have been examined and gone over several times by different levels of management  before getting released. 
The words are the words.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

If Southampton have seen Reed play since Lockdown they are going to be asking a lot on money for him, probably more than we are prepared to pay.

AnOldBrownie

Not worried. If it's possible to sign him, Tony will get it done. If he doesn't it'll be because it was out of our hands.

Like someone else said... Harrison probably wants to play in the EPL and we aren't a lock for that yet.

It's not just about what the fans want.  We will still need to invest in a backup striker and FB as well.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Twig on July 11, 2020, 11:00:15 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on July 11, 2020, 10:22:00 AM

If it's any consolation we haven't just spent £10m on Knock, we've spent the balance. As I understand it a large part of the fee was already accounted for.

Ok thanks for that. Lazy, slow, inept journalism. Hopefully that means we have some funds to free up but I doubt it will be enough.

AnOldBrownie

Is the option to purchase amount agreed upon in the transfer contract?

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Whitestone

Harrison Reed has played really well since the restart. I'd be surprised if anyone disagreed with that. I've certainly been impressed with his performances. But that is only six games and it feels like some are getting a bit carried away with this recent good form. He was decent in spells earlier in the season for sure but up until now he's had a disjointed season with injuries.

Nero

I thought the option to be made permanent was relying on us getting promoted. I could be wrong

Bassey the warrior

We do have an option to buy. Given he's been a bit of a journeyman in his career, I'd expect it to be under £10m.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/08/harrison-reed-arrives-at-fulham

Statto

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 12, 2020, 08:59:47 AM
We do have an option to buy. Given he's been a bit of a journeyman in his career, I'd expect it to be under £10m.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/08/harrison-reed-arrives-at-fulham

That doesn't say we've an option, and he's not a journeyman.

spoonffc

Anyone know how tall reed is? Because On reeds Wikipedia it says he's 6 ft - the camera must be shredding 5 inches off him or he may have fibbed to someone because I could swear he's quite short?

Tabby

Quote from: spoonffc on July 12, 2020, 02:06:57 PM
Anyone know how tall reed is? Because On reeds Wikipedia it says he's 6 ft - the camera must be shredding 5 inches off him or he may have fibbed to someone because I could swear he's quite short?

It is strange, here is a picture of him and Elliot Bennett, you wouldn't believe that Reed is actually an inch taller looking at it.