watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

HARRISON REED

Started by South Coast White, July 10, 2020, 10:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Once again man of the match.   Only consistent player in our starting 11.    And of course he's the loanee that hasn't been locked up yet.

He, along with Michael Hector...make up a really good defensive spine.

Bassey the warrior

Brilliant every game since lockdown. If only we hadn't splashed out on Knockaert as we may be out of money now.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Statto on July 12, 2020, 09:21:30 AM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 12, 2020, 08:59:47 AM
We do have an option to buy. Given he's been a bit of a journeyman in his career, I'd expect it to be under £10m.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/08/harrison-reed-arrives-at-fulham

That doesn't say we've an option, and he's not a journeyman.

Read the second paragraph.

Regarding being a journeyman I was referring to him being loaned out for the last few years and he now needs to find a permanent move for the good of his career. Hopefully it's to us.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 15, 2020, 03:16:09 AM
Brilliant every game since lockdown. If only we hadn't splashed out on Knockaert as we may be out of money now.

Transfermarkt reckons Knockaert only costs us an extra £1.5m if we don't go up, combined with a very healthy loan fee for before June 2020 and an insanely massive promotion bonus (could be £10m) if we do go up. The loan fee seemed a good idea at the time last season and the promotion bonus probably was probably required to get the loan extended past the 30th May 2020.

At £1.5m extra as rumoured by transfermarkt, Knockaert is a decent business even with a wage that is 63% of Mitrovic's. Besides,  we couldn't buy Reed with £1.5m, and if he gets another five-man of the match performances this season we couldn't buy Reed with £15m either.

Statto

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 15, 2020, 03:21:38 AM
We do have an option to buy. Given he's been a bit of a journeyman in his career, I'd expect it to be under £10m.

Regarding being a journeyman I was referring to him being loaned out for the last few years and he now needs to find a permanent move for the good of his career. Hopefully it's to us.

Read the dscussion further up this thread as to why that second paragraph doesn't mean we've an option (or just read the second paragraph itself more closely)

As to whether he's a 'journeyman', I don't think a young player following the normal process of being loaned out several domes as he develops makes someone a journeyman but I suppose we can all have different interpretations of that term

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Statto on July 15, 2020, 05:23:24 AM

Read the dscussion further up this thread as to why that second paragraph doesn't mean we've an option (or just read the second paragraph itself more closely)

As to whether he's a 'journeyman', I don't think a young player following the normal process of being loaned out several domes as he develops makes someone a journeyman but I suppose we can all have different interpretations of that term

What do you think the second paragraph means, if not that we have an option?

The Rational Fan

Transfermarkt aren't always right, but they believe we don't have an option and they probably looked up the obvious like club websites. Besides, even if we did have an option to buy, it may have expired on 1st July 2020.

As for the word 'journeyman', it kind of describes most players now nothing unusually about Reed. I would only use it to describe more extreme examples of club hoopers like Tomas Kalas or Ryan Babel

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 15, 2020, 05:39:47 AM

Transfermarkt aren't always right, but they believe we don't have an option and they probably looked up the obvious like club websites. Besides, even if we did have an option to buy, it may have expired on 1st July 2020.

As for the word 'journeyman', it kind of describes most players now nothing unusually about Reed. I would only use it to describe more extreme examples of club hoopers like Tomas Kalas or Ryan Babel

Fair enough re: journeyman. I think my main point was that he's played far more games on loan than with his parent club, he's played 17 games for Southampton apparently, that's in 6 seasons. He's a similar age to that of Kalas when we had on loan and both players hadn't got much football for their parent clubs.

Regardless, it's not a dig at him and I very much want him to come here permanently.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 15, 2020, 05:39:47 AM

Or Michael Hector.   :003:

Woolly Mammoth

He is very small for his height.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Tabby on July 12, 2020, 03:06:15 PM
Quote from: spoonffc on July 12, 2020, 02:06:57 PM
Anyone know how tall reed is? Because On reeds Wikipedia it says he's 6 ft - the camera must be shredding 5 inches off him or he may have fibbed to someone because I could swear he's quite short?

It is strange, here is a picture of him and Elliot Bennett, you wouldn't believe that Reed is actually an inch taller looking at it.

Reed is very small for his height.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Buffalo76

Reed has told my mate's nephew, whose good mates with him, that if we go up the offer is there for him to stay..... Failure will lead to him going to qp ha ha on permanent deal, apparently.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Buffalo76 on July 15, 2020, 09:16:50 PM
Reed has told my mate's nephew, whose good mates with him, that if we go up the offer is there for him to stay..... Failure will lead to him going to qp ha ha on permanent deal, apparently.

Why the F...would he go to QP...is that his dream club or something?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 15, 2020, 11:35:47 PM
Quote from: Buffalo76 on July 15, 2020, 09:16:50 PM

Why the F...would he go to QP...is that his dream club or something?

Harrison Reed maybe moving to Shepherd's Bush, but surely not for play for QPR ha has; would imagine Brentford, Chelsea or Fulham are more likely candidates. If he plays well for the remaining games, I expect some promoted team to snap him up. WBA and Brentford would need him. I have not been a huge fan of Reed, but Jack Livingmore has played for England and if Reed keeps up this new level he should hope to too.