Main Menu

HARRISON REED

Started by South Coast White, July 10, 2020, 10:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

JUST GET HIM SIGNED UP!!!!!!

fulhamben

Agreed has to be out number one target
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sgt Fulham

This guy is a Premier League level player. Sign him up!!

sunburywhite

Just like Ollie Norwood but we let hi go
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

KJS

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 10, 2020, 10:35:09 PM
We didn't let him go Brighton refused to sell him🙄🙄🙄

AnOldBrownie

Agreed. 

Since we've come back from the break I've watched him play and I've thought..."THAT is what a #6 should be doing week in and week out".

I was worried about his motor, but he's removed my concerns.   He's what I wanted to see from Seri, but didn't.   FIGHT.

He's also out there communicating with his teammates...and they all seem to get along.

I know we can't be brash in signing players up when we may need to spend next season in the EPL, but I think Harrison's value (present and future) is worth a good contract. 

Do it TONY!!!

Steven Ageroad

I think the team has missed him since he got injured New Years day.

FulhamKC

It will be up to if Soton to want to sell him I suspect. And price, of course.

fulhamben

Quote from: FulhamKC on July 10, 2020, 11:05:11 PM
It will be up to if Soton to want to sell him I suspect. And price, of course.
well if the internet is correct, he signed a 6 year deal with the saints last year. So he won't be cheap. And they also say he's only on 12 k a week which seems really cheap

FulhamKC

The situation has "Matt Targett" written all over it!

fulhamben

Quote from: FulhamKC on July 10, 2020, 11:16:40 PM
sadly it does.

Matt10

Quote from: FulhamKC on July 10, 2020, 11:16:40 PM

So true. Feels like we would've signed him by now. Scary reminder about Southampton.

fulhamben

Just had a look on what was said when we signed him on loan. Take a look at the wording as it's very interesting
The Club is delighted to announce the signing of midfielder Harrison Reed from Southampton, subject to clearance.

Reed joins Fulham on a season-long loan deal, which could be made permanent at a later date.
To my recollection, we have never used the phrase "which could be made permanent " so maybe a sensible fee has already been negotiated, or maybe it means nothing as every loan could be made permanent

ChesterTheTabby

We CANNOT do another Ollie Norwood. Ollie wanted to stay and we let him go. Look at him now! Reed surely must be signed up. So much better than Cav and Knockers and Reid based on recent performances, and yet we signed them. If he can stay fit and not be injury prone, we'll be solid!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Tabby

Quote from: fulhamben on July 10, 2020, 11:26:58 PM
Just had a look on what was said when we signed him on loan. Take a look at the wording as it's very interesting
The Club is delighted to announce the signing of midfielder Harrison Reed from Southampton, subject to clearance.

Reed joins Fulham on a season-long loan deal, which could be made permanent at a later date.
To my recollection, we have never used the phrase "which could be made permanent " so maybe a sensible fee has already been negotiated, or maybe it means nothing as every loan could be made permanent

This is what Southamton wrote on their statement:

"Midfielder Harrison Reed has completed a season-long loan move to Fulham on transfer deadline day, Southampton Football Club can confirm.

The 24-year-old Academy graduate joins the Championship club ahead of the 2019/20 campaign, as he looks to help them make a quick return to the Premier League.

Reed, who came through the ranks at Saints and has made 30 first-team appearances for the club, also spent last season out on loan, at Blackburn Rovers.

Everyone at the club would like to wish Harrison well for the year ahead and we look forward to monitoring his continued progress."

No mention of any clause there, so I don't know. But it would be strange to add "could be made permanent" if there is no clause.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tabby on July 11, 2020, 12:02:53 AM

"Midfielder Harrison Reed has completed a season-long loan move to Fulham on transfer deadline day, Southampton Football Club can confirm.

The 24-year-old Academy graduate joins the Championship club ahead of the 2019/20 campaign, as he looks to help them make a quick return to the Premier League.

Reed, who came through the ranks at Saints and has made 30 first-team appearances for the club, also spent last season out on loan, at Blackburn Rovers.

Everyone at the club would like to wish Harrison well for the year ahead and we look forward to monitoring his continued progress."

No mention of any clause there, so I don't know. But it would be strange to add "could be made permanent" if there is no clause.
it does indeed, but it's also strange that they signed him on a 6 year deal just before they loaned him out. Granted it could be to raise a fee but that's one hell of a contract. But again it seems strange that a prem player would lock himself into such a long contract for only 12 grand a week.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: fulhamben on July 11, 2020, 12:06:22 AM

it does indeed, but it's also strange that they signed him on a 6 year deal just before they loaned him out. Granted it could be to raise a fee but that's one hell of a contract. But again it seems strange that a prem player would lock himself into such a long contract for only 12 grand a week.

I remember seeing an interview with Harrison where he stated he wanted to join Fulham permanently at the end of the year. To be fair most players do once they join. The cottage, the fans, the family club atmosphere - what is not to love?

Will Southampton sell to us, though? Or will they extort his fee? The lad is incredibly talented, even the Sky Commentator mentioned tonight he looked every bit a Premier League player.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Statto

Quote from: KJS on July 10, 2020, 10:35:51 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on July 10, 2020, 10:35:09 PM
We didn't let him go Brighton refused to sell him🙄🙄🙄
They sold him to Sheffield United. I'm sure they'd have sold him to us if we'd made a decent offer.

Tabby

The only source showing a 6 year contract I could find says it is running out in 2022, so I think you may have misread it.

fulhamben

Quote from: OhConnah on July 11, 2020, 12:09:24 AM

I remember seeing an interview with Harrison where he stated he wanted to join Fulham permanently at the end of the year. To be fair most players do once they join. The cottage, the fans, the family club atmosphere - what is not to love?

Will Southampton sell to us, though? Or will they extort his fee? The lad is incredibly talented, even the Sky Commentator mentioned tonight he looked every bit a Premier League player.
there will be lots of factors in this. I haven't been watching the saints much this season so couldn't tell you how they are suited in his position. If they have an abundance of players for that position then I could see at least a loan for next season.