watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hope Brentford get automatic promotion

Started by ex-Pat, July 15, 2020, 02:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt Fulham

If they were that good they would be in 1st.

Brawn

Brentford are having a season similar to us two years ago. Started off very poorly but play some excellent football and they're the team I would put money on getting up one way or another. I'd rather have West Brom in the play-offs, because I do think we would win the play-offs if Brentford aren't in them.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Fulham Joe on July 15, 2020, 05:46:59 PM
To beat any team, you have to be able to score.
I just think we're so bloody negative that we never look like scoring against anybody.

I think our attack is limited, but it doesn't always look negative.   I thought we looked good against Cardiff in the previous game.

I also think we look more attacking when Cyrus is in than we do when Odoi is in.   

On Topic:

Brentford hit a run of form, just like Villa last season and just like we did the year before that.   It happens.

Doesn't mean they can't be beaten.   

davew

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on July 15, 2020, 06:23:57 PM
If they were that good they would be in 1st.
If they had the best squad they would be, but wait, we apparently have the best squad and we are 4th! Good luck to them and I hope they get automatic promotion which will help us to wion the play offs. Watching them tonight and other games recently they are far better than us!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Brawn

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 15, 2020, 06:46:39 PM
Quote from: Fulham Joe on July 15, 2020, 05:46:59 PM
To beat any team, you have to be able to score.
I just think we're so bloody negative that we never look like scoring against anybody.

I think our attack is limited, but it doesn't always look negative.   I thought we looked good against Cardiff in the previous game.

I also think we look more attacking when Cyrus is in than we do when Odoi is in.

On Topic:

Brentford hit a run of form, just like Villa last season and just like we did the year before that.   It happens.

Doesn't mean they can't be beaten.   

It's something Slav did when he first came here: play one full back defensively and one attackingly, effectively one of the full backs as a wide centre back. I still have memories of Slav playing 4 centre backs against Birmingham.

SP

The Bees ground out a win, WBA must be seriously worried now.

FFC1987

HillingdonFFC

They'll win 12 straight before losing to us in the play off final
You heard it here first 🤣

Asotosyios

Swansea is leading at half time against Nottingham. I wouldn't be surprised if Nottingham does a Leeds and Cardiff or Swansea sneak in the fifth place.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Jimsbeerbelly

We will beat Brentford if they don't go up automatically - you heard it here first

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on July 15, 2020, 07:17:01 PM
We will beat Brentford if they don't go up automatically - you heard it here first

Ok, maybe 2nd

FFC1987

I love the optimism but that feels like a heart call over a head call.

Whitestone

They might not even make the play-off final. Assuming they don't get automatic who's to say they won't get knocked out in the semis. It could happen. As could a Forest v Cardiff final. Seems many have already decided the final will be Brentford v Fulham. Football isn't always straightforward as we know this season with some odd results that have put the brakes on our top two credentials.

spoonffc

I think in a one off game anyone can beat anyone and we have experience of a play off final which will help - so don't mind meeting them in the final..  but over 2 legs I'd be worried - I actually think being 4th is the best place to be in terms of playoffs, I'd want to avoid potentially meeting Swansea because they look dangerous and any team coming in 6th will have form behind them.

SP

Quote from: Whitestone on July 15, 2020, 07:59:44 PM
They might not even make the play-off final. Assuming they don't get automatic who's to say they won't get knocked out in the semis. It could happen. As could a Forest v Cardiff final. Seems many have already decided the final will be Brentford v Fulham. Football isn't always straightforward as we know this season with some odd results that have put the brakes on our top two credentials.

Very true & playing every 3 days will put a strain on all the teams.

70sPimlico

Brentford lost Jansen and went to pieces. We've been beset by injures to our key players all season, often multiple key players out at the same time. Let Brentford push hard in the next two games in 7 days and then push even harder in two games over the following 6 days.

Then 5 days later face us in the biggest game in their history. Bring it on.

If they can get through that and beat us at Wembley, I will take it and they will deserve their fun in the sun.

If they dont make top 2, I dont think they'll make it. I think they will creek. Now, depending on how SP manages the situation up to that point, I can see us peaking at that point.

Assuming we get some luck on injuries of course

grandad

At least we will finish 4th  or even higher, who knows.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MaidenheadMick

We can rest players now. Brentford can't as they can still get 2nd. It's all in our favour

Brawn

Interestingly, the play-off winner since 2014 has always gone straight back down, with the sole exception of Huddersfield, who only survived once anyway. Strange as it may seem, I feel our brand of cautiousness would do better results-wise in the Premier League than Brentford's play, but that's obviously not how football promotions are decided.