watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hope Brentford get automatic promotion

Started by ex-Pat, July 15, 2020, 02:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex-Pat

We wouldn't beat them in the play offs, not with our current squad.

Sting of the North

Whitestone

Brentford are decent I agree but they aren't Liverpool or Man City or any where near that good for that matter. Our current squad are more than a match for them. Now if you want bring tactics into the discussion that's a separate matter.

blingo

I hope we do get them and trounce them 6-0

Bassey the warrior

Me too, I'd like to avoid them and Leeds. We can beat anyone else if we just play with a bit more swagger. I do fear for us against those two teams though.

The Rock

WBA and Brentford are one in the same really. When we lost to Brentford after the break, we simply weren't fit/up to the task yet and they were. WBA we were up to the task, and drew when we needed to win. I'd rather play WBA, but it will be a game of fine margins either way. One day at a time.

SuffolkWhite

To potentially face Brentford we have the small issue of two games against Nott's Forest currently!

I think on our day we can beat anyone in the Champ as we have match winners in the team even if we have been inconsistent this season.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

KJS

If they go up they will come straight back down as we would WBA and Leed will

ByTheRiver

Whilst it will be tough, I thought we outplayed them for large chunks of the recent game and yes we lost and got hit on the break, but suspect fitness levels and so on played a part. West Brom caused us at least as many issues last night and on another night could have scored 2 or 3 of their chances.

Either would be difficult. Either also very winnable.

Small matter of Forest first which, again, won't be easy either!

LittleErn

If we are going to improve our "goals for" we need to make better use of Mitro's strengths. He needs a steady stream of crosses coming in from the wings, and we don't seem able to provide them. Cav and Knocky both seem to dislike going outside their man (even when they're not played as inverted wingers), and both prefer to have a speculative shot rather than look for a colleague. Kebano did get outside his marker, both last night and in the previous match, but his crosses went nowhere near Mitro. At present our best hope for winning the playoffs is to practice our penalties!

Tempest

With our squad, absolutely we can, our style of play,  different matter

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

rebel

Quote from: LittleErn on July 15, 2020, 03:35:47 PM
If we are going to improve our "goals for" we need to make better use of Mitro's strengths. He needs a steady stream of crosses coming in from the wings, and we don't seem able to provide them. Cav and Knocky both seem to dislike going outside their man (even when they're not played as inverted wingers), and both prefer to have a speculative shot rather than look for a colleague. Kebano did get outside his marker, both last night and in the previous match, but his crosses went nowhere near Mitro. At present our best hope for winning the playoffs is to practice our penalties!

Whatever we are doing up front, isn't working, 'finding Mitro' isn't the answer, everyone and his dog knows what our only plan going forward is. It's predictable. Mitro expends a lot of energy only to lose the ball because he constantly has 2/3 players marking him. It's not his fault, but we are so predictable. 

Andy S

The play offs have so much at stake for all teams they are not easy. Nobody wants to give away anything. It's what it is. There is a fear factor and we should know that it is only two years ago and a lot of our players will remember it

SP

Nonsense.  I hope Preston kick them off the park tonight.

shepperton white

No chance fellas - they're one up after 4 min

SP

Can't understand this Brentford admiration, they're far from unbeatable having lost 11 games this season.

Penfold

Quote from: SP on July 15, 2020, 05:32:56 PM
Can't understand this Brentford admiration, they're far from unbeatable having lost 11 games this season.

I think a lot of people like their style of football. As it currently stands, they have scored 21 more goals than us.

Fulham Joe

To beat any team, you have to be able to score.
I just think we're so bloody negative that we never look like scoring against anybody.

filham

We can win against Brentford but I would rather be facing West Brom, so right now all I will say is come on you Bees.

SP