watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good luck Brentford next season

Started by davew, July 17, 2020, 07:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HV71

Each to their own indeed - as its only my opinion . However I do not really detect the extreme - that we are giving up or that Brentford are unbeatable. It's just a reflection of the season to date ( fact  ) and the likelihood of events in what is a short period of time . Only my opinion of course

ffc73

Good luck to them, if they make it. Stranger things have happened than sides slipping up when it is in their grasp.

They have been the best side I have seen in the division this season. IMO.

FulhamStu

If Brentford ar WBA slip up, they will be very downbeat, these playoff will come thick and fast, I can honestly see a Cardiff v Fulham final.

SP

Quote from: FulhamStu on July 17, 2020, 10:45:50 PM
If Brentford ar WBA slip up, they will be very downbeat, these playoff will come thick and fast, I can honestly see a Cardiff v Fulham final.

I'll be v happy with that.

Fulhamfan666

I for one will not be cheering for Brentford, at all.

sarnian

Who cares about Brentford or any other team.

If we can't beat the teams we have to face in the playoffs whoever they are then we don't deserve to go up. COYW 049:gif

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 17, 2020, 10:20:35 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on July 17, 2020, 10:12:56 PM
"Realistic" - that's always a funny argument. Giving up before it's over and believing that Brentford is unbeatable (they are not Real Madrid) sounds defeatist to me, but each to their own of course.

Whilst again, I admire your optimism, needing that many results to go for you, and for us to see out the remaining games with wins, I can fully understand the pessimism.

I didn't say I was optimistic about it, I am just not that into giving up. It's two games left to play, much stranger things have happened. The great escape was far less likely, for example. Personally I'll worry about our opponents in the final if and when we get there.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: SP on July 17, 2020, 08:04:16 PM
I still think it's wide open.  It's tough for the Bees to play their fast free flowing football every 3 days.  We'll see.

They've done it for 7 straight, what's 2 more?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Sting of the North

Quote from: OhConnah on July 18, 2020, 12:00:12 AM
I still think it's wide open.  It's tough for the Bees to play their fast free flowing football every 3 days.  We'll see.

It's two more. No streak lasts forever. 7 straight is rare, 9 straight even rarer. For a reason.

love4ffc

Quote from: Statto on July 17, 2020, 08:23:17 PM
As good as they've been in the second half of this season, if/when they go up I still fancy them to be one of those clubs that gets less than 20 points and gets relegated by March.
Agree with this  0001.jpeg
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 18, 2020, 12:21:01 AM

It's two more. No streak lasts forever. 7 straight is rare, 9 straight even rarer. For a reason.

Quite funny, I figured someone would call me out on my incorrect usage of two and 2 (or seven and 7). Well done. Quality content.

St Eve

If we don't make it I hope Brentford do

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 17, 2020, 09:42:02 PM
Quote from: davew on July 17, 2020, 09:30:12 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on July 17, 2020, 09:01:16 PM
Quote from: davew on July 17, 2020, 08:06:04 PM
They will manage it and do us a big favour, I will be cheering for them 2moro!!!
Well maybe you need to take a wider view about football, yes it should all be about us, but appreciate what other teams achieve! Why is it defeative, don´t undertstand that comment at all, sorry! Would you have preferred (and it might happen) that we could play Brentford in the play offs, obviously I wouldn´t!

But that is effectively like cheering against Fulham. I could never understand such a defeatist attitude.

I would prefer us getting automatic promotion, and for that Brentford needs to lose. I couldn't care less if we play Brentford or WBA in the play offs. We are good enough to beat both of them.

Glad someone else feels this way. Surely it's time for us all to start believing in the lads

grandad

Brentford have massively over achieved by the same amount we have under achieved.
Where there's a will there's a wife

EricB

Well they have just gone 1-0 down, although they do look the better side

bog

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 17, 2020, 11:24:03 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 17, 2020, 10:20:35 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on July 17, 2020, 10:12:56 PM
"Realistic" - that's always a funny argument. Giving up before it's over and believing that Brentford is unbeatable (they are not Real Madrid) sounds defeatist to me, but each to their own of course.

Whilst again, I admire your optimism, needing that many results to go for you, and for us to see out the remaining games with wins, I can fully understand the pessimism.

I didn't say I was optimistic about it, I am just not that into giving up. It's two games left to play, much stranger things have happened. The great escape was far less likely, for example. Personally I'll worry about our opponents in the final if and when we get there.

From your posts, I think not giving up is optimistic and thats not a bad thing. As I said, I wish I was more optimistic about things sometimes.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 18, 2020, 12:21:01 AM

Foot in Mouth Stuff! Well done, Sting!

AnOldBrownie

Ha ha...

F...Brentford.   Now I want to see them at Wembley!  We'd be underdogs.

A win against Wigan next week isn't a given though.   They've been on good form.

Logicalman

Seems premature to both congratulate Brentford and write Fulham off (and Brom for that matter)

Everything up in the air.

On paper Brentford should get the three points on Wednesday, Brom should ease past the Ha Ha's to get the 2nd place, or, if everything Fulhamish happens, Barnsley come good and gets a point, QPR do us a favour and take all three, and Wigan, who are not yet safe mind you, have a brain fart and we play well, then we get that spot.

You couldn't make this stuff up!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.