watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good luck Brentford next season

Started by davew, July 17, 2020, 07:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Just an opinion but they will surely get promotion now (and well done and deserved) after another Baggies inept performance (we can associate with a few of those this season).  It doesn´t mean we are favourites to win the play offs now but we must be close to being that! Parker needs to prove his worth in the next few games though the play offs are what the season now comes down to for FFC.  Will we win the play offs, maybe and obviously I hope we do, but as many have said on here what will achieve if we do, very little sadly, but we live in hope!  We are 9/5 second favourites to win the play offs, get your money on that, I will!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SP

I still think it's wide open.  It's tough for the Bees to play their fast free flowing football every 3 days.  We'll see.

davew

Quote from: SP on July 17, 2020, 08:04:16 PM
I still think it's wide open.  It's tough for the Bees to play their fast free flowing football every 3 days.  We'll see.
They will manage it and do us a big favour, I will be cheering for them 2moro!!!

MaidenheadMick

They can afford a draw and a win. Goal difference is in their favour

Matt10

I know it'd be a miracle, but if Brentford slip up and lose their last two, West Brom lose again, and we win the next two...it could be autos. Again, miracle, but one could only hope.

Statto

As good as they've been in the second half of this season, if/when they go up I still fancy them to be one of those clubs that gets less than 20 points and gets relegated by March.

SP

Quote from: Statto on July 17, 2020, 08:23:17 PM
As good as they've been in the second half of this season, if/when they go up I still fancy them to be one of those clubs that gets less than 20 points and gets relegated by March.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they expect a couple of their star players to be lured elsewhere for next season?  Sad really if true.

davew

Quote from: Statto on July 17, 2020, 08:23:17 PM
I think they will make 30 points, may struggle to keep a couple of their strikers before the start of the season, we only have to worry about losing 1, our only 1 Mitro!

Whitestone

They play a good brand of football there no denying that but they haven't been promoted as far as I'm aware and they may blow it (hopefully).

Sting of the North

Quote from: davew on July 17, 2020, 08:06:04 PM
They will manage it and do us a big favour, I will be cheering for them 2moro!!!

But that is effectively like cheering against Fulham. I could never understand such a defeatist attitude.

davew

Quote from: Whitestone on July 17, 2020, 08:57:27 PM
They play a good brand of football there no denying that but they haven't been promoted as far as I'm aware and they may blow it (hopefully).
So would you rather play them or WBA in the play offs in the final (if we make the final)? No brainer for me!

rebel

Quote from: davew on July 17, 2020, 09:01:55 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on July 17, 2020, 08:57:27 PM
So would you rather play them or WBA in the play offs in the final (if we make the final)? No brainer for me!

It shouldn't matter which team it is, yes Brentford are in good form, but they are beatable. A plan is needed to 'nullify' their strengths, Huddersfield came up with a plan and won against WBA. 

bog

Good luck to them Bees, they have played some excellent football to win matches this season. When it comes to the crunch though will they slip up up at Stoke? I hope not.  We waited 33 years to get back in the top flight there's must have been 70 at least. 

092.gif

davew

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 17, 2020, 09:01:16 PM
Well maybe you need to take a wider view about football, yes it should all be about us, but appreciate what other teams achieve! Why is it defeative, don´t undertstand that comment at all, sorry! Would you have preferred (and it might happen) that we could play Brentford in the play offs, obviously I wouldn´t!

But that is effectively like cheering against Fulham. I could never understand such a defeatist attitude.

Sting of the North

Quote from: davew on July 17, 2020, 09:30:12 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on July 17, 2020, 09:01:16 PM
Well maybe you need to take a wider view about football, yes it should all be about us, but appreciate what other teams achieve! Why is it defeative, don´t undertstand that comment at all, sorry! Would you have preferred (and it might happen) that we could play Brentford in the play offs, obviously I wouldn´t!

I would prefer us getting automatic promotion, and for that Brentford needs to lose. I couldn't care less if we play Brentford or WBA in the play offs. We are good enough to beat both of them.

HV71

Yes Bog - good luck to them indeed it is good to see , and I certainly do not mean any disrespect., smaller clubs have their day  . They play some very good football - which is good to see
Dave W isn't being defeatist either but realistic and unblinkered.  As he rightly points out taking a wider view is a positive and should be seen as such

filham

Premature for congratulations to anyone other than Leeds but automatic promotion is now in Brentford's hands and somehow I don't think they will slip up. They are a goal scoring outfit and deserve to be rewarded.
However we have as good a chance as any of the others in the play offs and let us hope we are  able to congratulate our manager and team quite soon.

Nero

We had our chance and blow it losing to Leeds and Brentford and drawing with WBA, WBA look at broken team after that deafet going to take alot to get them going again

Sting of the North

"Realistic" - that's always a funny argument. Giving up before it's over and believing that Brentford is unbeatable (they are not Real Madrid) sounds defeatist to me, but each to their own of course.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 17, 2020, 10:12:56 PM
"Realistic" - that's always a funny argument. Giving up before it's over and believing that Brentford is unbeatable (they are not Real Madrid) sounds defeatist to me, but each to their own of course.

Whilst again, I admire your optimism, needing that many results to go for you, and for us to see out the remaining games with wins, I can fully understand the pessimism.