watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well it's looking like

Started by H4usuallysitting, July 17, 2020, 09:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

we'll be able to watch live football in the stadiums again..... Will I be the only one not going - due to the C19 element

davew

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on July 17, 2020, 09:15:00 PM
we'll be able to watch live football in the stadiums again..... Will I be the only one not going - due to the C19 element
Not going to happen this year, Boris is just trying to throw us a carrot based on scientific advice but as usual ignoring it!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Twig

If, and it's big if, there is live football then I would take my chances and attend. I just don't want to waste my remaining years due to a bloody virus.

Fulhamfan666

Will 100% be going. I've missed football too much.

Mask and gloves with me of course.

jarv

Tough decision.  Train, tube or bus, then a packed in stadium. Bit of a risk for oldies. Bear in mind the idiots who will not wear a mask. Hopefully they will not be allowed in and if stewards see them removed, ejection.

Jamie88

Quote from: jarv on July 18, 2020, 11:01:09 AM
Tough decision.  Train, tube or bus, then a packed in stadium. Bit of a risk for oldies. Bear in mind the idiots who will not wear a mask. Hopefully they will not be allowed in and if stewards see them removed, ejection.

The problem is, I think people will enter with a face mask, and as soon as they are in they will do that pointless thing of pulling the mask below their noses, or even more pointless, under their chin.

Lighthouse

It is interesting looking back at all the 'expert advice' that everybody gets so excited about. Several Countries 'experts' disagreed with everything from lock down to figures of those likely to be ill or killed to something as simple as face masks. For what seemed very good reason face masks were considered pointless and a germ factory in themselves. Now the same experts are treating face masks as a must. Meanwhile Politicians are just trying to make themselves look half competent in all the confusion.

Football crowds will return but with distancing inside the grounds that will make no difference to those encouraged to use over crowded public transport. If there is a serous second wave of Covid then we might as well all decide that financially things must change within a breaking system. Lives matter but do they more than dosh

Fans will decide to take a chance or not. But as always those with families and elderly relatives and friends must be honest with themselves. If you are the reason somebody becomes ill. Would you feel guilty? Must life go back to a faded normal or can we rearrange things to make things better?

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Holders

Without being political, it seems clear that this PM wants above all to be popular. I just worry that by ignoring data and advice time after time the govt is risking a second spike which could result in further locks down, perhaps locally this time. As they've now "devolved" responsibility to local govt it could result in locks down for some teams' towns and for not others. A recipe for chaos. Much will depend on the time of arrival of a vaccine but re-opening football in October/November seems like an almighty gamble at this point. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but "hoping for the best" doesn't sound a scientifically-guided strategy to me.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Statto

Quote from: Holders on July 18, 2020, 12:08:23 PM
Without being political, it seems clear that this PM wants above all to be popular. I just worry that by ignoring data and advice time after time the govt is risking a second spike which could result in further locks down, perhaps locally this time. As they've now "devolved" responsibility to local govt it could result in locks down for some teams' towns and for not others. A recipe for chaos. Much will depend on the time of arrival of a vaccine but re-opening football in October/November seems like an almighty gamble at this point. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but "hoping for the best" doesn't sound a scientifically-guided strategy to me.

But he hasn't "re-opened football", has he. He's just said we *may*, at that point in the future, reopen football if the number and rate of infections has come down (and yes, he's probably quietly optimistic that we'll have a vaccine by then). So far, those figures are continuing to decrease so the easing of the lockdown up to now has irrefutably been the correct decision. I'm not sure whether they "ignored data and advice" on that but clearly whatever they ignored was wrong.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Holders on July 18, 2020, 12:08:23 PM

I suggest you look up what the experts were saying at the start. Then a few weeks in. Then months in. It kept changing. This had nothing to do with the idiot politicians who tried to take advice but were so badly prepared. They had a war game month ago on a possible World wide pandemic. USA and the UK were deemed the best prepared. But in reality the games got it wrong. The UK was going to get equipment and safety gear from a French firm. In reality the French wanted to keep all the stuff rightly for themselves. The games treated the pandemic as a flu based one and the experts set things rolling on that basis. But in reality the Sar Based Pandemic proved more lethal and problematic. The experts have let us down. The NHS agreed to send elederly patients to care homes to free up space and those patients were the worst hit. Experts couldn't agree from Country to Country. Clearly Politicians want to start the economy. But by relying on the so called experts we have been dealt a poor hand. Blaming politics is one thing but the experts have hardly provided clear and concise advice.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Well I am Shielding so will have to try to resist the temptation, really don't see how a full, or even half full, Cottage cannot present risks.
The country is desperately in need of a vaccine.

AnOldBrownie

Just stay home people.  Watch it online.

Better safe than possibly getting an infection, or possibly giving an infection because someone is asymptomatic and don't know they have it.

Tell you what...we can all watch it online together.   We can even set up a video chat room.   

082.gif

I just watched Arsenal play City in an empty Wembley.   The audio sucked, but I'm sure Arsenal fans weren't any less glad when they watched the Gunners win.

sarnian

Miss the atmosphere of live games but at 75 would rather be safe than sorry. Although being a season ticket holder since returning to the Cottage going to matches would involve plane, train, tube and walking through the park and then the same to return.

Feel sorry for all UK Fulham supporters with what you are currently having to endure. Luckily here we have had no positive cases for 79 days and 4 weeks ago life returned to complete normality with no restrictions on island at all. The only thing is anybody leaving the island has at present to self isolate for 14 days on return as does anyone entering the island.  Yes a bit of a pain not being able to travel as usual but living life as normal definitely has it's compensations.

Stay safe everybody, hope they find a vaccine sooner rather than later so we can all be together again supporting the whites. 049:gif

Andy S

Its strange how some people blame the experts while some blame the politicians. Others like me blame the idiots who listen to nobody. they believe it wont affect them. Probably it wont but the virus is not going away ever vaccine or not. It is something we will have to live with.  The best we can do is go careful and wear ppe like masks and gloves and keep some sanitiser handy if we are unable to wash our hands. I have been tested and have anti-bodies. That means I am probably safe for now but virus's mutate over time so I could probably get a variation. So all I can say is be very careful. No shaking hands and wash your paws

bog

+1. Not until there is a vaccine. This is of some concern as I am getting on and, perish the thought, I may never push through those very welcoming turnstiles again. On the other side I have grown to enjoy waking up each morning and wish to enjoy my time allotted at birth and not have to clock out early because of some careless idiot who let this little bugger out of a lab.

092.gif     

Woolly Mammoth

Always be safe than sorry especially under the current circumstances, better off at home, not worth the risk for just 90 mins Football,  unless of course you have the brains of a Rocking Horse.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Riverside

I for one plan to skip the 20-21 season - at least all of the winter .
Without a vaccine I don't see how there cannot be a second spike

But hope to be back for 21-22
Question is will the club let me save my seats for 21-22 ?
Difficult but would be a great gesture if they find a way to do it

MikeTheCubed

Apparently there has never been a successful human vaccine for any type of coronavirus, and in numerous animal tests the vaccine for these other types of coronavirus has proved more fatal than the disease itself (due to the immune-response going in to overload). The vaccine being developed by Oxford University (as well as other institutions) is also an 'mRNA Vaccine', an entirely new method of vaccination which has not yet been approved for use on humans. Sometimes complex problems require innovative solutions but I don't believe this is something which should be rushed and given the ever-lowering fatality rate of Sars-Cov-2 it is not something I believe should be mandated for the entire UK population.

A mask would mean that I cannot effectively sing & shout which would largely ruin my match experience. I wouldn't bother renewing my season ticket if this was a requirement.

Statto

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on July 19, 2020, 11:43:43 AM
Apparently there has never been a successful human vaccine for any type of coronavirus, and in numerous animal tests the vaccine for these other types of coronavirus has proved more fatal than the disease itself (due to the immune-response going in to overload). The vaccine being developed by Oxford University (as well as other institutions) is also an 'mRNA Vaccine', an entirely new method of vaccination which has not yet been approved for use on humans. Sometimes complex problems require innovative solutions but I don't believe this is something which should be rushed and given the ever-lowering fatality rate of Sars-Cov-2 it is not something I believe should be mandated for the entire UK population.

A mask would mean that I cannot effectively sing & shout which would largely ruin my match experience. I wouldn't bother renewing my season ticket if this was a requirement.

Influenza is the same type of virus, albeit not a coronavirus, and they have a vaccine for that. I suspect the reason for not having vaccines for the other coronaviruses reflects us not really giving a to&& about them until now, rather than it being impossible. Personally I'd stake an awful lot on a vaccine being confirmed safe and effective in the next few months but who knows.

H4usuallysitting

Looking like the first vaccine result's are due in next week.... I'm still unsure if we have a track & trace system in place.... I've had my haircut...all quite simple....still not been down the pub.... As it stands I won't be visiting the cottage anytime soon.... Apparently as a cab driver, we can get tested regularly