watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Potential Play Off Opponents

Started by ByTheRiver, July 19, 2020, 12:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ByTheRiver

(I'm putting a thread with this title in the hope it forces a miracle to happen on Wednesday and is not to require play offs...).

After some careful consideration about the possibilities, I've set on: let whoever it is worry about us! I'm sure all the teams in the potential mix will be hoping to avoid Fulham. Yesterday showed that, shock horror, if we play quicker and direct occasionally, our forward players are not rubbish and can more than do the business. Okay, we conceded some silly goals but I think nerves and maybe a bit of lethargy came into play (as well as a ridiculous penalty decision changing the run of play so early in the second half), we have shown we can be tight at the back. Just need to find a balance between the two and we will be a match for anyone in this division.

Whites to go up this year via whatever means.

How's that for a bit of optimism/positivity?

Slaphead in Qatar

Play offs regardless of opponent will be a lottery for both sides. Our own performances have been generally inconsistent and unconvincing this season. We win most games by the odd goal.

That said we have a good chance of getting through - none of the other teams including Brentford scare me.

The only thing which scares me is our defence especially Ream - that's our weakness.

filham

Not too worried about our defence, we have a few clean sheets to our credit, the problem has been goalsfrom our front thre  but yesterday they produced five. That Reid goal should have done him the world of good.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 19, 2020, 12:52:14 PM
Play offs regardless of opponent will be a lottery for both sides. Our own performances have been generally inconsistent and unconvincing this season. We win most games by the odd goal.

That said we have a good chance of getting through - none of the other teams including Brentford scare me.

The only thing which scares me is our defence especially Ream - that's our weakness.

Yes, I'm with you on that - I've made my thoughts clear (probably too many times the last two seasons) on Ream but I'm telling myself; we had that run of clean sheets with him in the side (despite a few wobbles!) and it's almost certainly his last few games in a Fulham shirt (you'd imagine) so he gets my backing for his service in the past.

Plus it's clear Mawson is not ready to return as yet otherwise he'd have got some minutes. Not sure these '150m games' are the right place to chuck him back in!

I'm not saying everything is rosy, of course not, at half time yesterday I wanted to come on and post 'see, I told you our players aren't crap and when not playing rigid Parkerball with instructions not to commit too many forward or to play risky direct passing, they can cut teams to ribbons' but thought better of it.

It's one or four more games, my full backing for all it to all of them (but lord above don't f*** it up!).

filham

Well it looks very much like Forrest V Fulham semi final in the play offs.
However if we can beat Wigan , West Brom draw or win and Brentford draw or lose then we could meet Cardiff or Swansea , think I would prefer that .

Us now getting automatic promotion would be just magnificent but really that is just too much to expect.