watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ideal scenario

Started by fulhamben, July 20, 2020, 11:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Been thinking hard about the ideal scenario for Wednesday night. And I've finally come up with qpr thrashing westbrom, and Barnsley holding Brentford to a draw, of which their players go mental thinking they are up as we are being held to a draw by Wigan. Only for mitro to hit a 30 yard screamer in the 98th minute to send us up, whilst the brentford players still celebrate live on telly untill the news filters through 5 mins later.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: fulhamben on July 20, 2020, 11:54:03 AM
Been thinking hard about the ideal scenario for Wednesday night. And I've finally come up with qpr thrashing westbrom, and Barnsley holding Brentford to a draw, of which their players go mental thinking they are up as we are being held to a draw by Wigan. Only for mitro to hit a 30 yard screamer in the 98th minute to send us up, whilst the brentford players still celebrate live on telly untill the news filters through 5 mins later.

Or, what's more, a Cairney curler from his beautiful left peg into the top right corner from 20 yards outside the box.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

fulhamben

Quote from: OhConnah on July 20, 2020, 12:01:44 PM

Or, what's more, a Cairney curler from his beautiful left peg into the top right corner from 20 yards outside the box.
that will also be highly acceptable
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bobbo

I'm dreaming the same dream.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

ByTheRiver

Ideal for who, it's not ideal for my ol' ticker or mental wellbeing! And where am I gonna get a magnum of champagne and a couple of crates of beer from for all-night bender at 10pm when the situation has played out?!

filham

Right, I will keep thinking of those scenarios in the hope that I can have the same dream tonight.

Fulham1959

"Only for mitro to hit a 30 yard screamer"

Remind me of the last time he did this.

Fulham 442

Works for me!  Kind of reminiscent of our great escape season where all the Reading fans were celebrating as they were tonking Derby, the final score was 4 nil, only for the news to filter through that we had scored against Portsmouth....

rebel

Some had been writing our chances off (I'm in the automatic promotion fandom), but as I've been saying, it's an average Championship season, that's why your seeing several teams fighting for promotion, against relegation, play - offs etc.

cookieg

It will probably be Tim Ream who scores the goal that matters. Hasn't had the best of seasons and probably coming to the end of his time at Fulham but what a way to go.

alfie

Quote from: fulhamben on July 20, 2020, 12:02:39 PM

Or a fluke going in off someone's backside.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on July 20, 2020, 04:26:29 PM
Some had been writing our chances off (I'm in the automatic promotion fandom), but as I've been saying, it's an average Championship season, that's why your seeing several teams fighting for promotion, against relegation, play - offs etc.

I have asked you before without receiving any sort of answer (to my knowledge, apologies if I have), but why does such things (like several teams fighting for promotion/relegation) in any way, shape or form by itself indicate that the current iteration of the Championship is average (which in itself is not very strange, since average would be the norm. Maybe you mean below average?)?

Sting of the North

Quote from: alfie on July 20, 2020, 04:48:32 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 20, 2020, 12:02:39 PM

Or a fluke going in off someone's backside.

:plus one: Best way to do it! Let Kmac play the last 5 minutes if we're trailing!

General

Whilst there's always a chance, there's not a chance. I don't see those two, knowing what's on the line both dropping the points to see us claim second - especially as Wigan will be gunning for us. Barnsley getting anything from Brentford, simply wont happen. QPR may get something from West Brom but Brentford's result regardless will render that meaningless.

rebel

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 20, 2020, 05:29:25 PM

I have asked you before without receiving any sort of answer (to my knowledge, apologies if I have), but why does such things (like several teams fighting for promotion/relegation) in any way, shape or form by itself indicate that the current iteration of the Championship is average (which in itself is not very strange, since average would be the norm. Maybe you mean below average?)?

I've answered on a previous thread, I mean 'average', there are no exceptional teams, teams haven't been dominant, i.e. like Wolves. You might point to Leeds, but they have had 'peaks and troughs'.

Fulham 442

Quote from: rebel on July 20, 2020, 06:31:44 PM

I've answered on a previous thread, I mean 'average', there are no exceptional teams, teams haven't been dominant, i.e. like Wolves. You might point to Leeds, but they have had 'peaks and troughs'.
Yes absolutely.  Anything could happen!

General

Quote from: General on July 20, 2020, 06:08:06 PM
Whilst there's always a chance, there's not a chance. I don't see those two, knowing what's on the line both dropping the points to see us claim second - especially as Wigan will be gunning for us. Barnsley getting anything from Brentford, simply wont happen. QPR may get something from West Brom but Brentford's result regardless will render that meaningless.

I change this statement - Barnsley have to win and if they do and other results go their way, they stay up. it's in their hands in that sense and having looking into their results, they're not actually doing that badly. A draw could happen, although I still imagine Brentford to be too strong.

West Brom have 5 days off, 2 more than previous 5/6 games) and one more than QPR, but have been rotating the same 13 players almost relentlessly throughout the restart which probably explains their loss of form. I imagine if they end up in the playoffs playing three games every three days they may struggle. QPR have nothing to play for really, but didn't stop them from scoring 4 last time out, maybe the squad want to simply get 14th place!

Too difficult to predict, especially as Wigan are fighting to overturn a 12 point deficit they incurred after going into administration.

Will be a very interesting Wednesday!

abfg

I can't help but think a last minute Watkins own goal as simultaneously Hector heads in his first league goal from a dubiously given free kick....

Jeroen

Nope, last minute penalty. And AK (who just got on) wrestles the ball from Mitro.... 😂

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on July 20, 2020, 06:31:44 PM

Thanks for the answer, sorry if I missed it before. Then my follow up question is, why does this make the league average? Could it not just as well be that the league is above average, which is why no team could run away with it? Still don't see any logical reasons as to why any of these things (many teams fighting it out for promotion/relegation until the end with no dominant team) means that the league is average. Would you say that the French league is the best league? Was this the toughest PL season in ages, because by Christmas Liverpool had already won the league and Norwich were relegated (intentional exaggaration)?