more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shame.....But We Can Win Playoffs.

Started by Mince n Tatties, July 22, 2020, 09:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Tabby

Up against Cardiff next. Hopefully can keep the good run against Neil Harris up.

Slaphead in Qatar

Yes - Brentford don't scare me - they have bottled it against stoke and now Barnsley

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 22, 2020, 09:30:33 PM
Yes - Brentford don't scare me - they have bottled it against stoke and now Barnsley

Yes they'll be feeling it worse than us.

Moltobueno

Got a feeling Swansea will surprise everyone

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Moltobueno on July 22, 2020, 09:32:53 PM

As long as they surprise Brentford first, I'm good.   Heck, maybe they would buy Mawson back from us.

mccscratch

Have Forest just committed the biggest decision day choke job in football history?  Own goal in the 90th... losing at home 1-4 to a side with nothing to play for while Swansea reverse a 6 GD swing?
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

WONKYTONKY

Think Cardiff rather than Swansea suits us better. My gut says Swansea Fulham final and Fulham going up.

filham

Forrest really have bottled it in recent weeks, a few games ago they looked certs for a play off place.

SP

Quote from: WONKYTONKY on July 22, 2020, 09:40:31 PM
Think Cardiff rather than Swansea suits us better. My gut says Swansea Fulham final and Fulham going up.

Works for me! Shame we won't be there to see it.

Robbie

Agreed Swans are dangerous. On a massive surge and with no/low expectations.
They will be playing with no fear.

TC's Sporran

swanseas high tonight i can see carrying them all the way to the prem

unless we can find some form from somewhere
if we do go up it wont be through playing attacking champagne expansive flowing football (which i think sadly we've forgotten how to play) but by grinding out  boring possibly against the run of play 1-0's

this comes from the manager
we needed numerous players making runs so our quality players had more than the one or less options to pass to.
invariably  instead we pass sideways  or backwards.

no full backs bombing on like in better days.

its gonna have to be a grind and a lot of luck.

MikeCdawg

I had no idea Swansea snuck in to playoff positions. Got to feel for the Forest fans. In top 6 all season til the final day

Sting of the North

Quote from: TC's Sporran on July 22, 2020, 09:48:12 PM

if we do go up it wont be through playing attacking champagne expansive flowing football (which i think sadly we've forgotten how to play) but by grinding out  boring possibly against the run of play 1-0's

we needed numerous players making runs so our quality players had more than the one or less options to pass to.

So 5 wiNs and 2 draws from the last 7 is not some form then?

Plodder

Quote from: MikeCdawg on July 22, 2020, 09:54:52 PM

I had no idea Swansea snuck in to playoff positions. Got to feel for the Forest fans. In top 6 all season til the final day

We had only an outside chance, so we are (or should be) merely mildly disappointed at our result.  With WBA only drawing, Brentford supporters will be very disappointed; but Forest fans must be aghast and fulminating in rage.  That's a freakish turn around.  Not even the most pessimistic supporter would have seriously feared missing out with a three point lead and a six goal advantage.

ByTheRiver

Absolutely!

Brentford looked crushed at the end. Players falling to the floor like you see with relegated teams. They had it in their hands and messed it up. Going to have to pick themselves up quickly as Swansea will be absolutely flying going into the games as they've come from nowhere. I can see Swansea going through to be honest.

Andy S

Once you get to Wembley it is usually anyone's game but who knows this season

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 22, 2020, 10:01:05 PM
Quote from: TC's Sporran on July 22, 2020, 09:48:12 PM

So 5 wiNs and 2 draws from the last 7 is not some form then?

Apparently only 9 wins from 9 will do.

We went 5-2-2 since lockdown resumption. Unbeaten in 7. I'm with you, Sting, we should fear no team. I will speak only for myself - but I can't see any of the others beating us in the Semis or Final. WE LIVE IN HOPE, COYW!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

The Rational Fan

We should fear no team and every team, because everyone remaining can beat everyone else.

ex-Pat

Have no idea why Cairney,is anywhere near the starting lineup..