watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That Barnsley Game

Started by filham, July 23, 2020, 05:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

That Barnsley match is going to be difficult to forget, they were in a relegation spot when we played them in February and having beaten us 1-0 in the opening game of the season we had no reason to be over confident, it really looked though as if we would be prepared for a good battle and come away with a clean and comfortable victory. Surely no one thought they could do the double over us.

As we know they won by a 3-0 margin with our own Cauley Woodrow having a great game and netting two goals, they deserved to win.

The affect of this result right now is enormous, had we won Fulham would be in the Premier League while Barnsley would be in the first division.

fulhamben

The dropped points against Luton and Charlton didn't help either. There's a very big list of games we shouldn't have dropped points in if you really want to antagonise yourself. My advice is don't, it's happened, nothing can change that now.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rebel

There are so many matches that could have made a 'huge' difference to our season. It's disheartening, this is not a 'hindsight' thing.

WindyCity

Quote from: fulhamben on July 23, 2020, 05:26:34 PM
if you really want to antagonise yourself. My advice is don't, it's happened, nothing can change that now.

Ha!  LOL!  You're the one bringing it up!  :)

Yes, very frustrating season.  I posted early on last year that points dropped over first 8-9 games would cost us.  They have, dearly.

rebel

It's all about performance, they get you wins. It's disappointing because this squad is better then the Fulham squad that got promoted under Slav.

e4b

I wonder how many other clubs supporters are saying "if only". It happened. Get over it.

rebel

Quote from: e4b on July 23, 2020, 05:53:12 PM
I wonder how many other clubs supporters are saying "if only". It happened. Get over it.

Well quite a few, the various forums are awash with 'if only'.

Check out, Notts Forest, Millwall, Derby, Preston etc.

SP

Funny, having seen both games against Charlton, on other days, we could've lost both games.  As said above, time to move on.

FFC1987

Preston was another game I lost hope. How bad were that evening.....blimey

john dempsey

That first game at Barnsley we looked like a bunch of individuals
and that was replicated on too many occasions, very rarely did we look
like a team with structure and purpose.

Fulham 442

The dropped points against Luton and Charlton didn't help either. There's a very big list of games we shouldn't have dropped points in if you really want to antagonise yourself. My advice is don't, it's happened, nothing can change that now.
Plus one.  It is what it is.  If we had had a different season and not dropped so many points we would have gone up automatically.  No point in picking through the bones of it all now imo!

ByTheRiver

100% this. This about the third thread looking at different games. Yes, they all played a part. Lots of things did. But you can't single out any one as I'm sure WBA have the same (which means they'd have been further away or matched in the 'should have picked up points' stakes). We can't change any of that, we can only change what happens from this point. If I was Parker, I would be channeling some of those into motivation. We have a chance to make up for those mistakes and put things right, not everyone gets that. Go and win the play offs!

Slaphead in Qatar

Barnsley also turned over Brentford - they have some fight about them.

Andy S

If only Ernie Clay had not been involved with the club and sold us out to Cadbra and Bulstrode etc etc. It is now part of our history but we have a chance. To put it right in the playoffs.
As far as this season is concerned it is about doing the homework before the matches and getting 5he attitude right on the day. Let's learn from it and move on

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 23, 2020, 06:27:45 PM
Preston was another game I lost hope. How bad were that evening.....blimey

That was an atrocious match !

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: rebel on July 23, 2020, 05:47:11 PM
It's all about performance, they get you wins. It's disappointing because this squad is better then the Fulham squad that got promoted under Slav.

I agree ! I also believe we have the best squad in the league

The Rock

Just now on the Brentford board I hear they also have a thread called "That Barnsley Game". Think on.

RaySmith

If only the ref had seen that foul by Burnley keeper Adam Blacklaw on Maurice Cook, in the  1962 FA Cup semi-Final,  Fulham could have been in their first Cup Final.

If only Les Strong hadn't been injured and Peter Mellor hadn't let those  West Ham shots in, we might have won the Cup at Wembley in 1975.

To keep replaying the past will drive you crazy.

As the famous philospher Aristotle said 'S***t happens.'
And that's especially true in football, and sport generally.

RaySmith

Quote from: ByTheRiver on July 23, 2020, 06:58:57 PM

100% this. This about the third thread looking at different games. Yes, they all played a part. Lots of things did. But you can't single out any one as I'm sure WBA have the same (which means they'd have been further away or matched in the 'should have picked up points' stakes). We can't change any of that, we can only change what happens from this point. If I was Parker, I would be channeling some of those into motivation. We have a chance to make up for those mistakes and put things right, not everyone gets that. Go and win the play offs!

I don't think the squad will need any motivating to do their best in these games, or any games come to that.

Logicalman

Quote from: RaySmith on July 23, 2020, 10:20:18 PM

As the famous philospher Aristotle said 'S***t happens.'

I heard he was on the Khazi when he said that! Could be wrong though.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.