watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Trasnfer Methods/Stats/Parker

Started by filham, July 28, 2020, 01:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

In the post match interview with Parker last night it was clear that he had done a great job in developing Onamah who he new at Spurs. I suspect and hope that Parker had something to do with Onomah coming to the Cottage.
This could mean that the club are putting more weight on manager's opinions than Stats nowadays, Onama's Stats couldn't have been anything out of the ordinary when he came to us.

ChesterTheTabby

Onomah talks about Scott on his video in the Offal. He's looked after him for years, been a role model, you can see how much it means when he hugs the gaffer after the goal.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on July 28, 2020, 01:09:34 PM
This could mean that the club are putting more weight on manager's opinions than Stats nowadays, Onama's Stats couldn't have been anything out of the ordinary when he came to us.

The opposite is true Onamah is exactly the kind of player a statistician would buy. Onamah whoscored stats for the 17/18 season were 7.02 for games he started, which is better statistics than Jean Micheal Seri who got whoscored stats of 6.94 same season of 17/18.

I guess Seri statistics were acceptable but he must have been highly rated by scouts to command a high transfer fee. Onamah clearly has good statistics, but it seems Scouts at other clubs don't rate him too highly otherwise he would have got a big transfer fee.  If Tony Khan trusted for stats of the previous more he would have still bought Fabri and Anguissa, but he wouldn't have got MLM or Seri. Although MLM stats for us in premier league weren't too bad, this season his stats are very poor.

I suspect Parker only had to whisper in Tony Khans ear "Trust Onamah's stats not the Scouts" and TK would want him. Scott Parker has probably talked TK out of some good stats players, but the players we bought this season have better statistics for their price than last season.

We know Slavisa really liked some players like Aaron Mooys that didn't have great statistics for their price, and I'm sure Parker does too. But, Parker seems to accept that he is limited getting good statistics players and probably encourages TK to get the players he likes out of those with good statistics. So even if Parker liked Emily Heskey, he probably wouldn't waste his tome arguing for him and focus on another player with a combination of good stats that he like (like Onamah).

For this season, I think the statistics are pretty accurate although I rate Bryan much lower than his stats and i rate Mawson a bit higher than his stats, because Mawson stats have only been destroyed by a few really bad games, but also maybe the statistics are correct that shocking performances by Mawson against Hull, Charlton and Luton ruin his dozens of decent but not great performances.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 29, 2020, 09:40:42 AM
Quote from: filham on July 28, 2020, 01:09:34 PM
The opposite is true Onamah is exactly the kind of player a statistician would buy. Onamah whoscored stats for the 17/18 season were 7.02 for games he started, which is better statistics than Jean Micheal Seri who got whoscored stats of 6.94 same season of 17/18.
Any statistician worthy of the label would tell you that a difference of 0.08 in analysis is noise unless the data is of high quantity and of high quality data which much sports' data definitely isn't.