watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Denis and Tim

Started by Denver Fulham, August 05, 2020, 07:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver Fulham

Might be the last we see of both of them in our colors. If so, what a wonderful sendoff for two excellent servants and seemingly excellent men.

Memories to last a lifetime from both, and quality until the end. May we have many more like them.

Sting of the North

I would be surprised if they are not with us for next season. Ream should at the least be able to be a depth option and Odoi is good enough to cover all three positions in a pinch and therefore a very valuable squad player. The only reason for us to move them would be if they request it themselves (for example because they are afraid of being bit part players).

On this note, they were two of four players that started both playoff finals, with TC and AK47 the other two. Mitro and Christie also played part in both finals, and Johansen, Kmac and Betts were part of both match day squads but only played in one. Can't remember if Kebano was in the 18 last time around, but surely he was at least in the extended squad, as were Steven Sessegnon I believe. Rodak was on our books back then as well. Maybe I'm forgetting someone?

alfie

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 05, 2020, 09:10:25 AM
I would be surprised if they are not with us for next season. Ream should at the least be able to be a depth option and Odoi is good enough to cover all three positions in a pinch and therefore a very valuable squad player. The only reason for us to move them would be if they request it themselves (for example because they are afraid of being bit part players).

On this note, they were two of four players that started both playoff finals, with TC and AK47 the other two. Mitro and Christie also played part in both finals, and Johansen, Kmac and Betts were part of both match day squads but only played in one. Can't remember if Kebano was in the 18 last time around, but surely he was at least in the extended squad, as were Steven Sessegnon I believe. Rodak was on our books back then as well. Maybe I'm forgetting someone?
Actually to be honest they were 2 of 5 players that started the last final, Except Josh was on the other side.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Sting of the North

Quote from: alfie on August 05, 2020, 09:12:50 AM

Actually to be honest they were 2 of 5 players that started the last final, Except Josh was on the other side.

Haha, true that  :003: Although I seem to remember that Josh was actually a sub for Villa, not a starter?

grandad

Every squad needs an Odoi. He can play across the back 4 & is comfortable doing so. Ream I am sad to say will not be able to keep his place as a starter.I don´t think he could cope with the pace of PL forwards. If he wants to stay in the UK I would keep him as a registered player/ coach. I would also want to keep McDonald in some capacity. Johansen may want to leave to get playing time. I think he could have been used more off the bench.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Carborundum

Denis Odoi has just nullified allegedly the best player in the Championship.  If we go to the premier league aiming to keep things tight, there will be work for him to do. 

fulhamfever

Odoi is out of contract and Ream has interest from the MLS.

Statto

Ream should at the least be able to be a depth option

Strongly disagree. The errors and shortcomings in the last couple of seasons have already started to undermine his legacy IMO. Even at Championship level he often looked out of his depth this season. In the PL next season I think it would be better just to bring on a youth player if we're that desperate - at least they might have the pace to keep up with the game at that level.

But as I just said on another thread, Ream has a skillset and experience to pass on, and has been a fantastic servant to the club, so it would be great to see him absorbed into the off-field team.

filham

Make no mistake we start next season in a relegation position and every point is of huge value from the start. No time to experiment with unproven players therefor Ream and Odoi will be of value if only on the bench.

More seriously the question has to be asked about Mawson who has ,I think, failed to get any game time in the dozen matches since Lockdown.

Arthur

I think the O.P.'s  obituary is premature.

We've got to buy a player to replace Ream first. If this doesn't happen in time for the opening game, Tim's name will be on the team sheet.

Statto

Quote from: Arthur on August 05, 2020, 11:23:23 AM
We've got to buy a player to replace Ream first. If this doesn't happen in time for the opening game, Tim's name will be on the team sheet.

You can say that about every player. But clearly we won't just rely on the same 25-man squad for the PL. So some of them will be replaced. It just has the implied (but fairly obvious) caveat that with the shortened summer period, we may not have all the replacements signed and bedded in for the first game. Which applies to every transfer window, to be honest.

Arthur

Quote from: Statto on August 05, 2020, 11:26:16 AM

You can say that about every player. But clearly we won't just rely on the same 25-man squad for the PL. So some of them will be replaced.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Ream were one of those to be replaced - as can easily be inferred from my post. I'm unsure, however, what point you're making. The O.P. is calling time on Tim's career with us. I am merely saying that he may be needed at the start of next season.

Sorry - not trying to sound abrupt.

Statto

Quote from: Arthur on August 05, 2020, 11:43:39 AM
Quote from: Statto on August 05, 2020, 11:26:16 AM

You can say that about every player. But clearly we won't just rely on the same 25-man squad for the PL. So some of them will be replaced.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Ream were one of those to be replaced - as can easily be inferred from my post. I'm unsure, however, what point you're making. The O.P. is calling time on Tim's career with us. I am merely saying that he may be needed at the start of next season.

Sorry - not trying to sound abrupt.

So the OP thinks last night might be the last we see of Ream in our colours.
You wouldn't be surprised if he's replaced this summer.

Most people wouldn't see any disagreement here. But as usual you've managed to find one!

This time, let's not bother with the long-winded, circular and ultimately pointless 10-post exchange that normally follows.

COYW

Arthur

My original post was fine. It wasn't a reply to you.

You can have your 'put you down' back: There are no ten-post exchanges. And it's 'pot calling the kettle black' to say that I'm argumentative.

You initiated an exchange but don't want to continue. Okay. But I'm not to blame for that. There is no blame. That's just how it is. You had the choice to post again or not. And now you have, I feel the need to defend not my point of view but myself.