more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

And we have another Fulhamish fact

Started by Rupert, August 05, 2020, 10:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

Over the years we have set a few of these
1975 the longest run to Wembley of any FA Cup finalist ever, won't be beaten now due to only one replay per round, unless someone makes it from the preliminary qualifying round. I think it took four matches to get past Forest in the third or fourth round.
1946 the only team to win a cup match (not the final) against a team that reached the final. We beat Charlton in the third round. Unfortunately it was over two legs that season, and they beat us in the other leg to go through.
The last team in the top flight to have floodlights installed
The last team in the top flight to have terracing

Now we have the longest ever successful promotion campaign, one year and one day. Watch out for it in future pub quizzes.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Jim©

Didn't we also play the most games when we got to europa final too?

Rupert

Quote from: Jim© on August 05, 2020, 10:19:35 AM
Didn't we also play the most games when we got to europa final too?

Probably, but I'm not absolutely sure. Can a statto let us know?

sunburywhite

And first team to have an electronic scoreboard
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Peabody

Welcome back Rupert, you along with a lingo, where have you been?

filham

Quote from: Peabody on August 05, 2020, 10:58:51 AM
Five subs used last night, that must be a first in a Wembley final.

Rupert

As my tag says, I have been too busy to post, plus didn't feel qualified to comment. I have started a new career, and have not been able to get to the Cottage for a few years.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Rupert on August 05, 2020, 01:49:14 PM

As my tag says, I have been too busy to post, plus didn't feel qualified to comment. I have started a new career, and have not been able to get to the Cottage for a few years.

Just admit it and confess you have been doing a stretch in the Scrubs.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

1975: we beat West Ham in the League Cup that year before the FA Cup Final; last year for the Final where all players on both sides came from the British Isles; only FA Cup Final where "Abide with Me" hasn't been played

First team to kick off in a Football League match played on a Sunday.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

res

Record number of games in a Europa cup run....19 games

gang

We were the first game to have a goal decided by goal line technology, 2006/07 but I can't remember if it was for or against us.

andyk

Quote from: sunburywhite on August 05, 2020, 10:55:59 AM

Is that the one that required a degree in Digital Analytics to work out the half time scores?  Blue, 1A, check programme, revert to screen, check score, oh Christ, it's changed to orange.

RaySmith

First professional women's team?

Fist  football league  team to have their own Rugby League team? Which played at Craven cottage i think.

Colton F.C.

What is the furthest distance from the goal has shot scored at Wembley?

filham

I think we were first to have a match covered by a lady commentator , that was quite recent but I can't recall the details.

Logicalman

Quote from: andyk on August 05, 2020, 03:07:33 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on August 05, 2020, 10:55:59 AM

Is that the one that required a degree in Digital Analytics to work out the half time scores?  Blue, 1A, check programme, revert to screen, check score, oh Christ, it's changed to orange.

Yup, fun times filling in the prog, though I believe they did repeat themselves for those hard of hearing!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: Rupert on August 05, 2020, 10:04:36 AM
Over the years we have set a few of these
1975 the longest run to Wembley of any FA Cup finalist ever, won't be beaten now due to only one replay per round, unless someone makes it from the preliminary qualifying round. I think it took four matches to get past Forest in the third or fourth round.
1946 the only team to win a cup match (not the final) against a team that reached the final. We beat Charlton in the third round. Unfortunately it was over two legs that season, and they beat us in the other leg to go through.
The last team in the top flight to have floodlights installed
The last team in the top flight to have terracing

Now we have the longest ever successful promotion campaign, one year and one day. Watch out for it in future pub quizzes.
1975-Hull City 3 games including 2nd replay at Filbert Street, Nottingham Forest 4 games, Everton 1, Carlisle 1 and Birmingham City 2.

Sir Alec of good Stock

First Football League Team to have a Rugby League Team?

fulhamben

Al Al-Fayed was the first billionaire chairmen as well wasn't he, or did I make that up
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Rupert

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 05, 2020, 02:39:15 PM
Quote from: Rupert on August 05, 2020, 01:49:14 PM

Just admit it and confess you have been doing a stretch in the Scrubs.

Ha, you nearly got it.
I'm the one holding the keys, and not at the Scrubs, ours is a much nicer establishment.