Main Menu

Do we now call them

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 07, 2020, 03:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

MikeTheCubed

Have for a while in fairness.

N_O_W_S

That's what they're called on PES 2020. Brentford but the badge says Hounslow.

Southcoastffc

I prefer Bottleford.  :dft012:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Statto

I preferred "Middlesex Globetrotters" during the pre-match media love-in

RoyTund

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

gang

Just plain losers does for me.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Robbie

Dodger53

roberto w6

Or we could think of them the way you do about a hired Transit van after you've returned it. It did it's job in helping you move something from A to B even though it had an irritating noise coming from the engine...i.e forget about them.
In fairness, they are a very well run club who had a great season playing overall good football. They may well fall by the wayside or may come up next year. If they come up, let's focus on being there to play them again.
We are Fulham. We have a Hammersmith end and a Putney end. All 3 have a tube station named after them. They don't even have a London post code. Why bother with them. We have an historical river. they have a motorway fly-over.
It's a bit like Paul McCartney getting stressed because the bassist in the latest X-Factor boy band says he's better than him

rebel

I think they will have a lot of competition next season, just look at the clubs that fell short of Play - Off places, ones that missed out in the Play Offs and the relegated clubs. I don't think Brentford will be in the top six, even if they keep the same squad. Teams have learnt how to play against them.

filham

Quote from: Statto on August 07, 2020, 05:24:17 PM
I preferred "Middlesex Globetrotters" during the pre-match media love-in
I think Brentford is the county town of Middlesex so that is perhaps a choice name.

Actually I wish them well for next season and hope they able to treat their fans to a promotion race in their new stadium.

I also have a cruel thought that any of those three strikers they have that scored 60 goals this season could  now be ours for the taking. Am I right.

H4usuallysitting

Or we could completely confuse them....King Edward VII Bridge fc..... I've done the knowledge you know

H4usuallysitting

They are in Middlesex.... King Edward VII Bridge is the halfway point between Surrey & Middlesex..... I've done the knowledge you know

cottage expat

Jonb

Quote from: rebel on August 08, 2020, 10:41:40 AM
I think they will have a lot of competition next season, just look at the clubs that fell short of Play - Off places, ones that missed out in the Play Offs and the relegated clubs. I don't think Brentford will be in the top six, even if they keep the same squad. Teams have learnt how to play against them.

I disagree, I think the championship is a lot weaker next season. The teams going up are stronger than those coming down and the teams relegated from the championship are arguably bigger/stronger than those coming up. I can see Brentford easily making the top two.

Motspur Park

Quote from: Jonb on August 09, 2020, 12:23:59 AM
Quote from: rebel on August 08, 2020, 10:41:40 AM

I disagree, I think the championship is a lot weaker next season. The teams going up are stronger than those coming down and the teams relegated from the championship are arguably bigger/stronger than those coming up. I can see Brentford easily making the top two.

Norwich are a very young team that will do well next season and unlikely to be depleted by losing their players. Watford and Bournemouth could both have avoided the drop and next season depends, for them, on who they lose. All three are more than equal to the teams who have gone up. The other question is will the prized Brentford players remain? I suspect that if they lose Two of their star players then they will be mid to top half of the table. If they lose more than 2 then their season could go any way. To be fair, in recent years, that have got most things right and selling players has not hurt them.

Cambridge Pete

Who Cares. Don't dislike them and, apart from when playing Fulham I wish them luck. I'm very parochial  I'm only interested in Fulham.