watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro, VAR & Red cards.

Started by Luka, August 07, 2020, 10:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luka

Not sure about Mitro playing in a VAR environment. He gets fouled a lot and refs ignore it but he is a hot head and VAR won't miss any of his one on one aggressive actions. I can see him being red carded on a few occasions next season. Good luck with managing that one SP.

copthornemike

No particular disciplinary issues when we were last in the Premiership if I recall correctly- although the Leeds incident a few weeks ago was reckless to say the least

fulhamben

Quote from: copthornemike on August 07, 2020, 10:48:42 PM
No particular disciplinary issues when we were last in the Premiership if I recall correctly- although the Leeds incident a few weeks ago was reckless to say the least
probably gets a red for launching the brentford player too if var was in that game.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

F(f)CUK

He was integral to both goals in the playoff final. The second goal he played the 1-2 with Bryan. For the first goal, he pushed the Brentford player to the ground giving Parker the chance to tell Bryan to shoot.

Woolly Mammoth

There is more than one way to skin a cat, and Mitro will be skinning a lot of them one way or another next season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rebel

Mitro will be fine, even when provoked, he's stood up to it. He get's provoked in every match, is doing a good job in keeping his cool, especially with his previous history.

Robbie

To be totally honest, we had three potential reds in the play off.
Brentford has one.

Skatzoffc

There's a lot of fouls against Mitro that VAR will need to look at tbh.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

grandad

I hope the VAR will pick up on the number of times he has been grappled in the area at set pieces.  We should get at least a couple of pens every game.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Are there stats to suggest VAR is generating more red cards in the premier league than in the championship.
I think Mitro and Parker will handle the problem. More worried as to whether or not he will continue to score goals.

Statto

Not worried. His style requires him to walk the fine line between bullying defenders legally and getting sent off. He gets it right 99% of the time (literally - one red card in 100 games) which is fine by me.

GJB

The way defenders "dealt" with him in the championship and the fact he's a beast to try and defend against, I can actually see us getting a few penalties across the season down to VAR, similar to what was happening in the last World Cup

GJB

Quote from: Statto on August 08, 2020, 10:52:04 AM
Not worried. His style requires him to walk the fine line between bullying defenders legally and getting sent off. He gets it right 99% of the time (literally - one red card in 100 games) which is fine by me.

+1 - agree with this - unfairly branded as a hot head IMO by a number of fans and commentators - Steve Mclaren commentating on our game after lockdown immediately springs to mind.

rebel

VAR owes him a goal, against Liverpool he had a goal ruled offside by VAR, when it wasn't.

RaySmith

VAR will probably help him - get awarded a lot of free kicks he doesn't get at the moment.

rebel

Quote from: RaySmith on August 08, 2020, 04:50:15 PM
VAR will probably help him - get awarded a lot of free kicks he doesn't get at the moment.

Yep, in the Championship we missed out on quite a few pens through poor officials. 

HobGoblin

Anyone who listens to Steve Maclarens opinion on Mitro and indeed football needs their head examined

brightster

Why is this now an issue, he hasn't had a red card in 100 appearances for us, yes he will have to be careful but he is now 2 years older and wiser, he seems to love SP and his Fulham life in London, so IMO he is settled down now and will not want to let anyone down!