Newcastle 21/10
West Ham 3/1
Brighton 3/1
Burnley 16/5
Leeds 4/1
Sheff Utd 4/1
Southampton 15/2
22/1 bar
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

SP

sunburywhite

I think Southampton have overstayed their welcome and are value at 15/2
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Fernhurst

Our price is realistic based on our last performance in the Prem

SP should be well aware what a mammoth task it is. I think recruitment is the key, over 5 seasons to ensure our stabaiity in the Prem.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

Look hard at that list, games against each of those teams will be six pointers, beat them all at home and draw away and we have the 40 points we need for safety,

Wingnut

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Whitestone

Quote from: Wingnut on August 09, 2020, 04:52:23 PM
Why are Palace 2/1?

Most recent form ? Was relegation form. Cant say I'm surprised because without recruitment, particularly strikers, they are my bet to go down.

Fulham Joe

So the bookies fancy us to stay up, slightly more than they do West Brom.

Wolf

Hates: the Hounslow maggots

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulham Joe on August 09, 2020, 08:04:36 PM
So the bookies fancy us to stay up, slightly more than they do West Brom.
sounds right to me. We have a better squad and probably a bigger kitty
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

WhiteJC

my problem with this sort of thing is that we don't know who will be in our squad, we don't know how the squad will perform as a unit, many moons ago Wimbledon achieved far, far better than their squad would suggest.

other teams will loose "key" players and may struggle with squad cohesion, no one can really know until at least 10 games into the season

Twig

Agree with White JC, it's early doors. We need to see what signings are made, especially FFC and the other promoted clubs.

Statto

Quote from: whitejc on August 10, 2020, 10:49:31 AM
my problem with this sort of thing is that we don't know who will be in our squad, we don't know how the squad will perform as a unit, many moons ago Wimbledon achieved far, far better than their squad would suggest.

other teams will loose "key" players and may struggle with squad cohesion, no one can really know until at least 10 games into the season

exactly

Tempest

Have we ever won 10 games in any one PL season? Not sure we have, looking hard at that list has me thinking as it stands, we are in for a very tough season and there are a few there I don't fancy our chances against home or away
Quote from: filham on August 09, 2020, 04:12:45 PM
Look hard at that list, games against each of those teams will be six pointers, beat them all at home and draw away and we have the 40 points we need for safety,

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Stevieboy

I think we won @12 league games during our Europa adventure season 2009/10.

filham

Quote from: Tempest on August 10, 2020, 02:25:46 PM
Have we ever won 10 games in any one PL season? Not sure we have, looking hard at that list has me thinking as it stands, we are in for a very tough season and there are a few there I don't fancy our chances against home or away
Quote from: filham on August 09, 2020, 04:12:45 PM

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Look on the bright side, Barnsley are not there.

The Rock

Quote from: Whitestone on August 09, 2020, 05:19:41 PM
Quote from: Wingnut on August 09, 2020, 04:52:23 PM
Why are Palace 2/1?

Most recent form ? Was relegation form. Cant say I'm surprised because without recruitment, particularly strikers, they are my bet to go down.

I think Zaha wants out and they are resigned to losing him without a proper replacement.

He sure did look sharp that first game after we got promoted and lost 2-0 I think it was. I remember all that hope of those summer signings suddenly ending in shock at Fox and Hounds doing shots in the back with that putting green carpet listening to mediocre 80's music. Had a great time though!

SP

Feels like time for Burnley to drop out to me.

Riversider

Quote from: sunburywhite on August 09, 2020, 03:38:19 PM
I think Southampton have overstayed their welcome and are value at 15/2

No chance, not even close.

Steeeeeeeeeed

The odds on Staying Up are worth a look at, Paddy Power have Fulham at 4/5 to do that.

The kind of bet you can put a Chunky Bet on, but it keeps an interest for 9 months and adds an edge to the season.

Am having a look at other similar season long bets, things like how many goals a team or player.will score, etc, some of them offer really good odds.

Just been looking at odds for Top Scorer in Premier League next year, and Mitrovic is around 80 to 100/1, might be worth a fiver as a very long shot.