Started by Dodgin, August 10, 2020, 04:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingofCheese

Quote from: Nero on August 10, 2020, 06:14:22 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on August 10, 2020, 06:05:03 PM
Quote from: Nero on August 10, 2020, 05:48:42 PM
Quote from: RoyTund on August 10, 2020, 05:43:19 PM
What did he actually say?

He asked the Brentford media if they likecsex and travel, they said they do. So Jim told them to @$#/ off

Huh?  (Maybe a bit more specific?)

Fxxk off
Oh my. oh my...if my children had heard it they would have melted. It was lucky that I grew up with an alcoholic stepfather who punched me and then was stuck in a children's home at the age of 8 or otherwise I would be having nightmares about this...meanwhile on the rest of the planet real people get offended and walk on because life is much like it has always been...nasty, brutal and short.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Tabby

Quote from: KingofCheese on August 11, 2020, 12:06:07 AM
Oh my. oh my...if my children had heard it they would have melted. It was lucky that I grew up with an alcoholic stepfather who punched me and then was stuck in a children's home at the age of 8 or otherwise I would be having nightmares about this...meanwhile on the rest of the planet real people get offended and walk on because life is much like it has always been...nasty, brutal and short.

Good for you? You seem to be the person that is the most upset about this.

KingofCheese

Quote from: Tabby on August 11, 2020, 12:08:19 AM

Good for you? You seem to be the person that is the most upset about this.

Try and read the thread and then come back to me.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Twig

Quote from: KingofCheese on August 11, 2020, 12:02:33 AM
To be honest he needs to apologise to all fans now, to all fans in the past and all fans in the future. He shouldn't work again and no one should ever speak to him. Many people were triggered by this and may never recover.

Sorry, I don't understand your comment. On the face of it, it seems like a complete overreaction but perhaps you are referring to something other than Jim's use of the F word on air?

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: KingofCheese on August 11, 2020, 12:02:33 AM
To be honest he needs to apologise to all fans now, to all fans in the past and all fans in the future. He shouldn't work again and no one should ever speak to him. Many people were triggered by this and may never recover.

aight calm down lad

FFCBadger

Such an obvious sarcastic response....?  :wow:

KingofCheese

Quote from: FFCBadger on August 11, 2020, 10:35:21 AM
Such an obvious sarcastic response....?  :wow:

I think we need to harden up a bit - there is a real disconnect between trying to make the world (and judge it in my opinion) as some sort of clean living 1950's family sitcom and actually living in the actual world - maybe I am just a cynic but people will struggle everyday if we try and cotton wool ourselves.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

gang

I like Jims  commentating but as he knows this was unprofessional. He has apologised and I hope the club take it no further.

Fernhurst

Quote from: HV71 on August 10, 2020, 09:59:38 PM
Twig's post accurately sums up why he was right to apologise. We have to realise that life doesn't just centre around what anyone thinks as an individual but the potential impact on others also matters.
Good man for putting the record straight

Quite right.....Jim was exactly right to apologise. In a corporate environment or a bigger club he may not have survived. Take it easy Jim we all love you and want you to continue.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

He was correct to apologise, he was representing Fulham FC, and even if he wasn't he still should have.
He needed to show a bit of class after his unprofessional comments otherwise he just becomes one of the mob.
I can understand his frustration but he cannot have it both ways.
I enjoy his commentary as he is a man of the people.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

He asked the Brentford media if they likecsex and travel, they said they do. So Jim told them to @$#/ off

Fxxk off

So this was just nasty, unpleasant sarcasm? Wow.

Big T

Just aswell he didn't say it on here he'd be banned for life

Abbotsbury White

Got to say always listened to Jim when I cannot get to games, Ok he is no Barry Davies or Brian Moore but his commentary is passionate as is his love for the club, I'm more than happy to have him around, and as for the swear word it did not bother me one iota I actually loved it, but saying that I'm not a sensitive soul and my kids are too old to worry about the odd F word but can understand how some may have been slighted by it, he has admitted he let himself down and I think he has beaten himself up about this, time to let it go, Jim keep your chin up mate we all make a balls up now and again. 049:gif
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

Logicalman

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 11, 2020, 06:23:14 PM
Quote from: HV71 on August 10, 2020, 09:59:38 PM
Twig's post accurately sums up why he was right to apologise. We have to realise that life doesn't just centre around what anyone thinks as an individual but the potential impact on others also matters.
Good man for putting the record straight

Quite right.....Jim was exactly right to apologise. In a corporate environment or a bigger club he may not have survived. Take it easy Jim we all love you and want you to continue.

Agree totally. Hopefully nobody at the club takes this out of context and a line is drawn under this.

GJ has been the voice of Fulham for decades now, and the passion he showed at that moment, and others, was exactly what the vast majority would have expressed in the same circumstances had they been on the terraces. He is simply one of our very own.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

KingofCheese

Quote from: Twig on August 11, 2020, 10:39:49 PM

Fxxk off

Please don't be shocked..I can give you a cuddle if you like?
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

KingofCheese

Quote from: Big T on August 12, 2020, 12:24:08 AM
Just aswell he didn't say it on here he'd be banned for life

If not hoisted onto a cart and dragged through the FOF village whilst we pelt him with rotten vegetables and gnash our teeth (if we still have any). Sometimes this site reminds me of a community living in a bunker, unaware of what is happening outside - or maybe I should just look at it as a cosy allotment and except it for what it is.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

KingofCheese

Quote from: Twig on August 11, 2020, 10:39:49 PM

Fxxk off

Also Twig, why is my life story "unpleasant"? It was unpleasant to me but shouldn't make you reject me should it?
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

fcfulham55

I was so offended I cancelled my membership.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

KingofCheese

Quote from: fcfulham55 on August 12, 2020, 11:53:46 PM
I was so offended I cancelled my membership.

You are a good sis person - you have been retrieved from deletion.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Jurassic Parker

Jesus Christ

Gentleman Jim apologised for his use of language as he was a representative of Fulham FC and live on air, it's a perfectly normal thing to do when wearing the logo of your corporation, one that spends hundreds of thousands, probably millions on their branding.

Why do these matters always attract the offended at those who are offended brigade who want to to use this as a diagnosis for societies ills, to take this as proof of snowflakes and triggered weaklings.

We get it old man, you're a big tough strong boy, momma dint raise no weakling. Can we talk football now?