watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gentleman Jim Apology

Started by Dodgin, August 10, 2020, 04:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

GJ has said sorry on the club site, for his celebration and using  a word quite often heard on the terraces. I assume that like me, not at all bothered. That would be most of the fans. Anyway he has apologised if anyone was offended.GJ super fan.

YoungsBitter

I thought it added to the commentary, rather than taking anything away! It seemed to be aimed at Brentford media behind him....
Quark, strangeness and charm

junior white

Quote from: YoungsBitter on August 10, 2020, 04:47:07 PM
I thought it added to the commentary, rather than taking anything away! It seemed to be aimed at Brentford media behind him....
Agree was certainly aimed at them. However right to apologise as he said kids (maybe young kids) were perhaps listening, so he has done the right thing. Hopefully people dont take it too seriously and complain

filham

Well tell him not to let it happen again, unless of course we bet Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Man U., Man.City.,Liverpool at the Cottage early in the season.

Seriously though Gentleman Jim has been magnificent  and he really made those post Lockdown matches on FFCtv so enjoyable for me.

Thank you GJ

Andy S

That has finished his chances of the job at the BBC. ITV or sky

filham

Quote from: Andy S on August 10, 2020, 05:16:06 PM
That has finished his chances of the job at the BBC. ITV or sky
I can hear and understand every word GJ says, he is not the right material for those tv giants.

RoyTund

Nero

Quote from: RoyTund on August 10, 2020, 05:43:19 PM
What did he actually say?

He asked the Brentford media if they likecsex and travel, they said they do. So Jim told them to @$#/ off

Holders

Unnecessary but it closes the loop for anyone of a sensitive disposition.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

WindyCity

Quote from: Nero on August 10, 2020, 05:48:42 PM

He asked the Brentford media if they likecsex and travel, they said they do. So Jim told them to @$#/ off

Huh?  (Maybe a bit more specific?)

Nero

Quote from: WindyCity on August 10, 2020, 06:05:03 PM
Quote from: Nero on August 10, 2020, 05:48:42 PM

Fxxk off

WindyCity

[/quote]

Fxxk off
[/quote]

Haha.  Wow.  He really said that "on-air"?  Interesting.....

filham

Quote from: WindyCity on August 10, 2020, 06:26:09 PM

Fxxk off
[/quote]
Words you regularly hear on tv drama these days and that match was pure drama.

Haha.  Wow.  He really said that "on-air"?  Interesting.....
[/quote]

ex-Pat

Why would he apologize ? very unnecessary if anyone was offended To Bad.. 

junior white

Quote from: ex-Pat on August 10, 2020, 06:41:54 PM
Think he felt obliged to in case under 10's were listening or something, a lot of people like his commentary and turn the tv off and listen to him while watching, so for me was the right thing to do. I personally wasnt offended as i. Think i said the same at my TV to their player Emiliano lol

love4ffc

Fulham are a family club so, I can see why he apologized.  Still loved it though  :54:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Motspur Park

Thought it was really funny to be honest. We scored, he celebrated.... I assume he was insulted and then reacted. Knew what he'd done and then was more subdued when second went in and at final whistle. Top man.

Twig

Quote from: ex-Pat on August 10, 2020, 06:41:54 PM

Erm because it's unacceptable on air during a football commentary? Fine in a drama after the watershed but he was absolutely right to apologise. No big deal to most of us but nonetheless he did the right thing, surely you can see that?

HV71

Twig's post accurately sums up why he was right to apologise. We have to realise that life doesn't just centre around what anyone thinks as an individual but the potential impact on others also matters.
Good man for putting the record straight

KingofCheese

To be honest he needs to apologise to all fans now, to all fans in the past and all fans in the future. He shouldn't work again and no one should ever speak to him. Many people were triggered by this and may never recover.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas