watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cody Drameh officially joins Leeds

Started by General, August 13, 2020, 03:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill2

Good luck to the lad, except for when he plays us of course.

filham

Why has this young lad left us for Leeds, bet he will come back to bite us before too long.

bill taylors apprentice

Strange move?

Maybe its as simple as looking at how many are in front of him at Fulham and moving to progress his chances of first team football in the near future.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I mentioned this probability ages ago. It will be up to Parker and his team as to who and how many of the youngsters he is prepared to bring in at any time. Premiership teams have their teenage stars but they cannot all play at once.
Who was it who said that you cannot win the league with kids? Ryan Sess was an exception and in some ways more of them would have stood a chance had we stayed down
Drameh saw the queue in front of him and decided to jump ship. The next problem will be with our talented young keepers.

Fernhurst

Quote from: filham on August 13, 2020, 04:09:50 PM
Why has this young lad left us for Leeds, bet he will come back to bite us before too long.

Got a funny feeling your right and Fulham may regret this.
Let's hope not and plough on.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

grandad

He maybe good enough for Leeds but way behind others we have. Hope he has a better future than our other grass is greener lot. Roberts, Hyndman & Sessegnon have not exactly set the World alight.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Southcoastffc

Apart from Ryan Sess, Pat Roberts, Emerson Hyndman, Matt O'Riley other young players we have 'lost' or let go include:  Jack Grimmer, Jesse Joronen, Lasse Vigen Christensen, George Williams, Dennis Adeniran, Tayo Edun, Stephen Humphrys, Elijah Adebayo, J D Thorsteinsson.    None of them have come to bite us in the bum yet.   Harvey Elliottt and Moussa Dembele MkII are the only 2 I can think of who seem to be very successful so far.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

RoyTund

I think he will go into their u23 set up?

Tabby

Djed Spence was dropped by the academy, probably because of Drameh, Fossey and Sess and is currently doing well for himself at  Middlesbrough.

Mince n Tatties

Adeniran has gone to Grimsby on loan from Everton.
Season long.
Roberts wanted by Portsmouth.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 13, 2020, 05:46:45 PM
Adeniran has gone to Grimsby on loan from Everton.
Season long.
Roberts wanted by Portsmouth.
Adeniran is still only 21 so I hope he comes good (not yet near the Everton first team).  Pat Roberts at Pompey???? Really??? If so, how have the mighty fallen!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SuffolkWhite

Woodrow had ok at Barnsley I believe! And against us.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

jeffc4golf

He said his glad to be joining such a massive club Bit of sour grapes ?

cmg

Not much to see here, really.
A decent, promising back who couldn't advance up the existing pecking order with us.
Moving on makes sense for all concerned.
He may make it big; probably won't. That's the way of things with young players.

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 13, 2020, 05:36:51 PM
Apart from Ryan Sess, Pat Roberts, Emerson Hyndman, Matt O'Riley other young players we have 'lost' or let go include:  Jack Grimmer, Jesse Joronen, Lasse Vigen Christensen, George Williams, Dennis Adeniran, Tayo Edun, Stephen Humphrys, Elijah Adebayo, J D Thorsteinsson.    None of them have come to bite us in the bum yet.   Harvey Elliottt and Moussa Dembele MkII are the only 2 I can think of who seem to be very successful so far.

Bit early to make a judgement on Elliott just yet, I would say.

It's, perhaps, a good job that Jesse Joronen is, in Brescia too far away from us to do much bum biting. 'Whoscored' not only rated him the best keeper in Serie A but the best in the 5 top European leagues.

Ronnief

We have and have had many very promising players come through our youth system. Only a very few will make it to our first team. I have seen Adineran and Dramah play and I thought they were very good. The problem is we cannot keep them all until they become experienced enough. Exceptional players like Sessingnon and Elliot may make it earlier than others.  More are on there way to our under 18 and under 23 teams. One or two may make the break through others will not.  I am hoping Stansfield, Carvalho, Fossey, Davis and others will improve and make the grade.

Lighthouse

It is always a very hit and miss game to predict which promising young player will make it at the highest level, which will make a great living, which will be in the lower leagues and which will drop out of the game.

It seems that if a young player wants to leave and a club like Leeds come along then why wouldn't he want to go there. It is a big gamble for him as well as Leeds. Good luck to him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RoyTund

Quote from: jeffc4golf on August 13, 2020, 06:53:17 PM
He said his glad to be joining such a massive club Bit of sour grapes ?

Standard required quote from anyone signing for Leeds. Would be meltdown in their fan base if not.

Mickeyboro

Let's not make a crisis out of a Drameh...