watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New kit launch date

Started by Riversider, August 14, 2020, 08:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Gribby

Why not have the Kahn company as the kit sponsor?

https://www.flex-n-gate.com/

Maybe not super sexy but it could make sense.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

WhiteJC

Quote from: G_Gribby on August 15, 2020, 08:15:31 AM

probably fall foul of FFP?

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 14, 2020, 10:05:42 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 14, 2020, 08:44:13 PM
I'd rather have a plain shirt without some company logo sprawled across it.

One of the few things my American football has done right.   

I hate the Chevrolet logo on ManUtd's kit.

The Chevrolet logo is bad, isn't it? I preferred their AIG sponsored kits.

The NFL doesn't have to put logos on the uniforms because the logos go with the league and not any one team. Professional European football is a Darwinian survival of the fittest, may the best team win setup. So every penny that can be had counts. The idea of Fulham being able to afford to put a charity logo on their shirt or have not logo, is foolishness thought. And with FFP, the Khans, can't just pay for everything, the club has to earn it.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: ffcwickford on August 14, 2020, 09:33:53 PM
I would like Fulham to set a precedent here against betting and alcohol advertising and do what Barcelona did a few years back - they chose Unicef, as they had never previously had sponsors on their shirts - and choose Trussell Trust (feeding those who are struggling to feed themselves and that it is only going to get worse when 'furlough' ends) or Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) and make a financial donation to the charity! Making money by selling sponsorship is all well and good but sometimes altruism is 'good for the soul'

I don't see this ever happening. It would be foolish.

Penfold

I'm bored with gambling companies sponsoring kits. Nothing against a flutter, do it myself every know and then.

However, alcohol sponsorship seems to have dried up. Let's see a Fulham shirt sponsored by London Pride or Remy Martin, or Ardbeg whisky 😋

KilianG

Quote from: Penfold on August 15, 2020, 04:00:05 PM
I'm bored with gambling companies sponsoring kits. Nothing against a flutter, do it myself every know and then.

However, alcohol sponsorship seems to have dried up. Let's see a Fulham shirt sponsored by London Pride or Remy Martin, or Ardbeg whisky 😋

I would buy both home and away kits if they have Ardbeg as a sponsor hahahaha

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: G_Gribby on August 15, 2020, 08:15:31 AM

It means someone else can put money into the club too !!!

Mince n Tatties

Southampton sponsor has pulled out costing them 15 million.

Nero

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 16, 2020, 10:00:01 AM
Southampton sponsor has pulled out costing them 15 million.

Prehaps their big Harrison Reed fans and going to follow him to Fulham

Nero

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on August 15, 2020, 01:44:34 PM
Quote from: ffcwickford on August 14, 2020, 09:33:53 PM
I would like Fulham to set a precedent here against betting and alcohol advertising and do what Barcelona did a few years back - they chose Unicef, as they had never previously had sponsors on their shirts - and choose Trussell Trust (feeding those who are struggling to feed themselves and that it is only going to get worse when 'furlough' ends) or Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) and make a financial donation to the charity! Making money by selling sponsorship is all well and good but sometimes altruism is 'good for the soul'

I don't see this ever happening. It would be foolish.

Barca only choose Unicef so fans couldnt complain about having a sponsor for the first time, moan about a children charity how does that make them  look, once they finished with Uncief the big deals came in and fans couldnt moan as they already had sponsors on their shirts all very celver by the marketing people.

Wolf

London Pride! That's a pre season bingo. They don't sponsor football, their sponsorship goes to rugger which fits their demographic
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Penfold

Quote from: Wolf on August 16, 2020, 03:22:02 PM

London Pride! That's a pre season bingo. They don't sponsor football, their sponsorship goes to rugger which fits their demographic

They have loads of advertising at Brentford but that is a historic link as the brewery used to own the site that is Griffin Park (soon to be housing)

fcfulham55

I never buy the new shirt anymore.  By the time I get used to it and begin to like it more, a couple of months have passed, and i think... I'll just wait till next seasons now.  Rinse and repeat.
Sent from my Nokia 3310