watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Andrea Belotti

Started by fulhamfever, August 25, 2020, 09:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamfever

26 Years of Age and full of goals. His game to goal ration isn't bad I reckon he would be a good addition to the squad. We need another Striker not just Mitrovic or AK47 you have to plan for the worst sometimes.

The Rational Fan

Definitively an upgrade on Mitrovic no doubt. Are you intending reposition Mitro to Centre Back or place Mitro the bench? As much as Italian International is awesome not the position to upgrade unless Mitro is injuried.

fulhamfever

It will be a different option that's what I am saying we can't just rely on Mitrovic to be fit the whole season.

Mullers OG

Would be an awesome addition to the squad.  Top class striker with almost 30 Italian caps and at a peak age.

Only problems are that his cost would be equally awesome, Torino don't really want to sell him (except no doubt for the aforementioned awesome amount) and there would be other suitors who could offer European football.  Also where would we play him?  We don't usually play 2 strikers and he wouldn't fancy sitting on the bench and nor would Mitrovic.

Other than that it's a great idea.  To my mind the back up striker should Mitro be injured or suspended is a crucial problem.  Stansfield might be able to fill in but it's a lot to ask of a very young player.

fulhamfever

I am just saying if we think AK47 or any of the other BDR or Knockheart are the answer to a suspended Mitrovic we will be playing a very dangerous game in the Premier League.

Craven Mad

He'd be perfect, but there's no way he'd come to us. If he moves, it'll be to a Champions League club

Jim©

If we dont want to spend £30m on a back up (which i'd guess we dont), then Jorgensen of Feyenoord will score plenty of goals and be more than a good stand in when needed. Reckon £6-8m would get him 9 (max).

Bocanegra

He is quality but i think its a bit of a stretch to think he would come to Fulham - especially as he wouldn't be the main man.

Jurassic Parker

Are we just naming footballers we like now?

I heard that Fekir fella is quite good could be what we need in midfield

ByTheRiver

We play one up front. That one is Mitro who plays every minute of every game he is fit for (possibly contractual) why people continue to think we will be signing a striker of any note is beyond me. Why would that come to sit on the bench hoping for injury/suspension or the odd Capital One Cup (or whatever it is currently called) game? Answer: they won't. And we wouldn't pay wages to someone to do that.

Yes, if Mitro gets injured for any length of time, that is a problem. I get that AK/BDR etc can cover for short term but probably not long term, but you can't have an equal replacement sat on the bench waiting for worst case scenario to get a game. Since Mitro first came (including loan), how many games has he missed? 10 or so? Not many. So Belotti, a top european level striker (or even Watkins or anyone else I've seen mentioned here), is going to come to us to play 10 games in 2 and half years? Of course not...

fulhamfever

442 formation?????????????????

ByTheRiver

Quote from: fulhamfever on August 25, 2020, 01:57:50 PM
442 formation?????????????????

Do we play that? Have we for some years? Has anyone since the mid 00s really?

Why would we change formation on the eve of a massive season rather than keeping continuity and the system the players know given they have two weeks of training together (started yesterday) before the season starts? And we can't have a striker of that calibre on the bench to 'mix it up' or when 'chasing' for similar reasons stated in my previous post.

It wasn't a dig at you mate. Apologies. Just a bit of a moan as there has been a lot of similar threads or posts that are, at best, unrealistic.

Deeping_white

Belotti will cost someone in the region of €50-€60m euros so I'd pass on that and sort the defence out first when we've already got Mitro

The Rational Fan

The sad truth is if Mitrovic gets injured on the 17th October 2020 against Sheffield United for three months, we won't get many points for the first half of the season and are probably getting relegated again. But, if we don't spend too much money then if we get relegated we will have Mitrovic next season to get promoted again. Let's not "Do a Leeds" breaking the bank to stay up, rather spend the £200m sensibly balanced over the next three seasons.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 26, 2020, 05:51:23 AM
The sad truth is if Mitrovic gets injured on the 17th October 2020 against Sheffield United for three months, we won't get many points for the first half of the season and are probably getting relegated again. But, if we don't spend too much money then if we get relegated we will have Mitrovic next season to get promoted again. Let's not "Do a Leeds" breaking the bank to stay up, rather spend the £200m sensibly balanced over the next three seasons.

The problem in 18/19 wasn't the amount of money spent, rather how it was spent. I would happily see us spend 100m on a top CB, a top RB, a backup/young CB (that would stay if we went down), Reed and one winger/forward cover across the line.

Last time was wrong, but doing it on the cheap (Robinson, Babel, few others) is equally wrong. Hope TK doesn't make the exact opposite mistake by going too far the other way. The balance is in the middle.

Statto

Quote from: ByTheRiver on August 26, 2020, 08:52:46 AM

The problem in 18/19 wasn't the amount of money spent, rather how it was spent. I would happily see us spend 100m on a top CB, a top RB, a backup/young CB (that would stay if we went down), Reed and one winger/forward cover across the line.

Last time was wrong, but doing it on the cheap (Robinson, Babel, few others) is equally wrong. Hope TK doesn't make the exact opposite mistake by going too far the other way. The balance is in the middle.

Agreed

Deeping_white

I agree with what you're saying but I wouldn't lump Robinson in under "doing it on the cheap" - he's a steal because of his relegation clause that means he was worth a fifth of what Wigan almost got only 7 months ago!

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 26, 2020, 10:09:20 AM

I agree with what you're saying but I wouldn't lump Robinson in under "doing it on the cheap" - he's a steal because of his relegation clause that means he was worth a fifth of what Wigan almost got only 7 months ago!

I'm very happy with Robinson and was hoping we would get him. It's not a slur on him. I also wouldn't mind Babel coming back if the deal was okay and the main bits we need (in previous post) are also acquired. That's the key part. My post is about not forsaking the very much needed additions in an attempt to not repeat previous mistakes (and therefore making another mistake).

Fulham Joe

I like him too, and he did that great song with Sarah Brightman