watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky Pundits

Started by Dodgin, August 28, 2020, 09:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

Bit of a clear out on Sky, with the departure of their football pundits, Jeff Stelling seems upset. Tissier, Nicholas, Thompson all gone.

Andy S

They've had a good run and I expect they have been paid well. But they have also been well paid. If Sky expect viewing figures to rise I'm sorry but the match is far bigger than the pundits and the commentators

Woolly Mammoth

Naturally Jeff Stelling is upset, he had a good team round him who were one for all and all for one, and we all know what happens when that is broken up, they had a good run but they still had plenty to offer.
It's a shame they didn't clear out loud mouth Jim White as well, that's one bloke I wouldn't miss.
Nevertheless, as has already been said we don't need any pundits to follow the football, a waste of money. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HamsterWheel

Nicholas and Thompson were getting a bit creaky. Sad but probably time for some younger faces. Not the BBC so unlikely to all be disabled black lesbians, but a touch more diversity wouldn't be amiss.

ByTheRiver

It could do with a refresh/reboot tbh.

Some people thought it 'would never be the same' when Gray/Keys were moved on, but it has improved massively now. I would imagine the same will happen.

Bocanegra

Was definitely due a revamp but I think the timing with political landscape / movements will definitely shine more of a light of it than it would otherwise.

Statto

As indicated above I suspect a major factor is that they're from the much-loathed "middle-aged white man" (or "stale, male and pale" as they call it in my business) demographic but in fairness the three that have gone were all pretty crap pundits IMO... won't be hard to replace

Slaphead in Qatar

Sky like many media organization is facing a fall in advertising revenue so that's one of the reason for job cuts

junior white

Was time to freshen up the panel, as long as Micah Richards doesn't join it will be fine. Matt Murray I find good, Morrison is ok. I also think Alex Scott talks some sense. They have a plethora to choose form with those i mentioned plus Mcinally and others

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Statto on August 28, 2020, 10:54:17 AM
As indicated above I suspect a major factor is that they're from the much-loathed "middle-aged white man" (or "stale, male and pale" as they call it in my business) demographic but in fairness the three that have gone were all pretty crap pundits IMO... won't be hard to replace

Almost all industries and Organizations in all walks of life are run by middle aged white men - strange that you say they are much loathed

Statto

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 28, 2020, 11:09:50 AM
Quote from: Statto on August 28, 2020, 10:54:17 AM

Almost all industries and Organizations in all walks of life are run by middle aged white men - strange that you say they are much loathed

Well you've sort of proved/reinforced the point with that comment mate. Does it bother you that "Almost all industries and Organizations in all walks of life are run by middle aged white men"? 

Riversider

They've also sacked Scott Minto who is an excellent presenter but kept Prutton and Andrews , how does that make any sense ?

Nero

Quote from: Riversider on August 28, 2020, 11:22:49 AM
They've also sacked Scott Minto who is an excellent presenter but kept Prutton and Andrews , how does that make any sense ?

The longer they will have been there the higher their contract would have been, expect its mainly cost cutting, be able to get 2 for the price of 1 with the fresh blood or there abouts, I blame Brentford for not getting promoted it must of hit Sky hard the lovin they would have had planned for next year all gone to pot

ALG01

I thought the sky pundits were an awful self congratulating cabal
The same faces week in week out with the same hacknied biased opinions
in fact I think most of the sky presentation, having watched it more and more this season for obvious reasoins is very poor compared with the BBC and they can do with improving too.

Teh coverage is really aimed at the lowest common denominator with most pundits telling you what you can see for yourselfd and asking players/managers very inane questions... I would hope at some point someboody would put on a more technical review of hoiw a game is played... if you remeber slav gave a discourse on how we beat Newcastle away, he went into detail and THAT was interesting.

we watch because it is the only way to see football, the presentation and pundits are not good enough.

junior white

Quote from: ALG01 on August 28, 2020, 01:04:49 PM
I thought the sky pundits were an awful self congratulating cabal
The same faces week in week out with the same hacknied biased opinions
in fact I think most of the sky presentation, having watched it more and more this season for obvious reasoins is very poor compared with the BBC and they can do with improving too.

Teh coverage is really aimed at the lowest common denominator with most pundits telling you what you can see for yourselfd and asking players/managers very inane questions... I would hope at some point someboody would put on a more technical review of hoiw a game is played... if you remeber slav gave a discourse on how we beat Newcastle away, he went into detail and THAT was interesting.

we watch because it is the only way to see football, the presentation and pundits are not good enough.
For the people doing soccer Saturday it is hard for them to go into deep technical detail about how teams are playing, most of the time they have what 30 second snippets to update in. The show is what it is, but was in need of a refresh

rebel

Quote from: junior white on August 28, 2020, 11:07:36 AM
Was time to freshen up the panel, as long as Micah Richards doesn't join it will be fine. Matt Murray I find good, Morrison is ok. I also think Alex Scott talks some sense. They have a plethora to choose form with those i mentioned plus Mcinally and others

I'd love to see Micah Richards (loud but comes across as genuine), Alex Scott, some of the other guys from BBC Red button on a Saturday.   

rebel

Quote from: Riversider on August 28, 2020, 11:22:49 AM

Prutton predicts scores for Sky, rarely calls anything 'right', Andrews always talks with 'passion'.

Fulham Joe

But Clinton (Anthony Kernockhart) Morrison survives because he's the right colour.

FFC1987

I feel for Matt Le Tiss, legend in his own right, feel maybe they got rid because of views he's expressed on a certain movement recently rather than lower appeal. Don't mind a shakeup but no idea how Merson stays and Le Tiss goes......Always liked Dion Dublin and think he fits the role well.

rebel

To make it interesting, they should invite a celebrity who knows something or nothing about football, would be interesting.